Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 07:02 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I don't know too many politicians right now that are going to go out on a limb and support Weiner. He probably should resign, but that's up to him and his constituents. I don't know if he broke the law or not, it doesn't seem like it. That said, what he did was wrong. Neither party has room to talk when it comes to sex scandals. And really, this sex scandal has no real impact on the country.

It's not about the sex, it's about the lying afterward and trying to get someone else in trouble by saying he was hacked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 07:16 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
It's not about the sex, it's about the lying afterward and trying to get someone else in trouble by saying he was hacked.
That's still not breaking the law. If he doesn't resign it is up to his constituents to decide if he stays or goes.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:18 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
We should expect higher standards for our elected officials and demand their resignations when they engage in such behavior. This goes for members of either party.
Good point. We are paying for their ridiculous salaries and pensions after all.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:24 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
We should expect higher standards for our elected officials and demand their resignations when they engage in such behavior. This goes for members of either party.
And when they do it in your district, you have a direct say over it.

Beyond that, if you want your representative to tell someone to resign, you can do that.

But beyond that, its none of anyones business. Telling people in New York to vote is like them telling you how to vote, a lesson in futility.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:31 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Last_2009 View Post
Obama says he would resign if he were Weiner (AP)
Obama says he would resign if he were Weiner - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110614/ap_on_go_co/us_weiner_ethics - broken link)

Weiner's group of supporters is getting smaller.
Unless of course it really was him in that situation. Kind of like he opposed raising the debt ceiling until he was president. Kind of like lobbyists were evil until he was in the WH. Of the millions of other things he "would have done" because he tries to get votes. Until the rubber meets the road and his true colors show.

He would NEVER resign. Narcissists usually stick it out.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:32 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
And when they do it in your district, you have a direct say over it.

Beyond that, if you want your representative to tell someone to resign, you can do that.

But beyond that, its none of anyones business. Telling people in New York to vote is like them telling you how to vote, a lesson in futility.
I understand that and this is just my opinion, BUT when we allow our elected officials to engage in such reprehensible behavior and NOT demand resignation it makes a mockery of our government. He is also bringing a lot of negative publicity to his party. He obviously cares more about himself than his party or his country, IMO. And for what it's worth, I would be just as adamant about this if he were a republican, even more so since these indiscretions tarnish the party.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
I understand that and this is just my opinion, BUT when we allow our elected officials to engage in such reprehensible behavior and NOT demand resignation it makes a mockery of our government. He is also bringing a lot of negative publicity to his party. He obviously cares more about himself than his party or his country, IMO. And for what it's worth, I would be just as adamant about this if he were a republican, even more so since these indiscretions tarnish the party.
But who's reprehensible behavior?

I'd be willing to bet that your definition of reprehensible behavior is quite different then that of someone from south beach or long island.]

The point is, its the voters decision on what is reprehensible, and whats not.

If you don't vote for that representative, then you've really got nothing to say.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:43 PM

268 posts, read 391,828 times
Quote:
But who's reprehensible behavior?

I'd be willing to bet that your definition of reprehensible behavior is quite different then that of someone from south beach or long island.]

The point is, its the voters decision on what is reprehensible, and whats not.

If you don't vote for that representative, then you've really got nothing to say.

Let’s cut the Liberal lefty Bull s**t. Cheating on your wife then lying about it IS reprehensible.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handog View Post
Let’s cut the Liberal lefty Bull s**t ! Cheating on your wife then lying about it IS reprehensible.
Ok, but how reprehensible? Is it reprehensible enough for the people of Weiners district to decide they don't want him anymore?

Maybe, maybe not. But its sure as hell isn't someone from Texas's position to say, vote for your own representatives. Do I need to post all of the "reprehensible" behavior of Texas politicians that was rewarded with re-election?

Old 06-14-2011, 01:01 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Ok, but how reprehensible? Is it reprehensible enough for the people of Weiners district to decide they don't want him anymore?

Maybe, maybe not. But its sure as hell isn't someone from Texas's position to say, vote for your own representatives. Do I need to post all of the "reprehensible" behavior of Texas politicians that was rewarded with re-election?
It is what it is politician or not, a liar and a cheat, is reprehensible, those in office are we not supppse to hold them to the same standards we would our friends or our family. He is a dumb a-- any politician who sends naked text of himself, must love himself, is a idiot, and if he can lie about that, the next lie will be so much easier.
Personally i don't give a hoot where any one lives, a cheater is a cheat, and a liar is the same no matter where they live. And no matter what State you live in, you don't want your spouse, or partner, cheating on you, or sending naked text of themselves to others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies