Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 12:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Man you all just don't get it.

When you send an email of this sort, people proof-read, change words and make it sound professional and eloquent.... You all may very well be simply impressed by the talents of whomever may have edited the email before it was sent....

I've done the same for colleagues of mine to make emails sound better.... Its not a stretch. In fact, its probable that an email like this was gone over with a fine-toothed comb before it was sent....
BUT and this is a huge but, what did you folks find to damage her with as the NYT, WAPO, and MSNBC were so sure you would find. Do you not understand that all of Obama's speeches are written by someone else and that more than one goes over them before he reads them off the teleprompter -- or not depending on whether it is working at the time?

Come on Rhett, you don't get it either unless only Palin's faults are the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 12:24 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cat View Post
Obama jokes about 'shovel-ready projects'

Here's one right off the top of my head. Predictably, someone on this forum mocked him for this, for owning up to a problem. Just goes to show that with conservatives, you simply can't win, at least not if you're Obama.
They blew $1 trillion and only those who supported them got any money since the states weren't ready with their "shovel ready" projects. When will he get around to admitting that all that money was supposed to go to his supporters all along. Now that would be real truth but it ain't going to happen.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:58 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
They found something!

Sarah Palin writes at an eighth-grade level in recently released emails, say writing analysts

According to the story in the NY Post, Palin writes at an eighth grade level. Finally, something to damn this woman! But........then the article goes on to say this:
Wow, buzz-kill.

Well, obama speaks at a third grade level. Unless Mr. Teleprompter leads him.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:09 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
BUT and this is a huge but, what did you folks find to damage her with as the NYT, WAPO, and MSNBC were so sure you would find. Do you not understand that all of Obama's speeches are written by someone else and that more than one goes over them before he reads them off the teleprompter -- or not depending on whether it is working at the time?

Come on Rhett, you don't get it either unless only Palin's faults are the point.
What is there for me to get?

I didn't initiate, nor do I give a flying wang about Palin's emails quite frankly.

The OP in this thread is apparently easily impressed and I am in this thread to simply point out that he's probably impressed by someone else's words...

Yes, I'm well aware that Obama's speeches (Like every modern day President before him) are written by someone else. I'm not being critical of that fact with regard to Palin. I'm just saying that the OP is quite possibly impressed by someone else's eloquence.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:14 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

I see leadership taking place in these emails, as she is executing her role as Governor. Palin comes off as politically non-partisan, an empathic, deep thinker, an a confident multi-tasker on multiple issues, while making intelligent and informed decisions.

Seemed like the same rambling Palin to me.

80 percent of the American people really wish she would just go away, and the media keeps resurrecting her.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:17 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post

Yes, I'm well aware that Obama's speeches (Like every modern day President before him) are written by someone else. I'm not being critical of that fact with regard to Palin. I'm just saying that the OP is quite possibly impressed by someone else's eloquence.
Did we read the same emails Eloquence would
be a stretch.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:22 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Did we read the same emails Eloquence would
be a stretch.
Well, I'm trying to be nice here...

(...And I only read the one's that were cited in the first post of this thread... As I've stated, I really don't give a flock about Palin's emails... )

Old 06-16-2011, 03:04 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Just remember that alot of her emails were not made available nor were any that she used with her yahoo account in which she conducted state business from. Makes me go hmmmmmmmm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies