Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 12:02 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,945,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
No, its funny that you assume it must be a "talking point". Its common sense again (which is probably why you all don't understand it).

In important correspondence it makes SENSE that ANY public figure would have it looked over to sound its very best before it gets sent out....

Not sure why this is so difficult to comprehend?

Even common sense bases its evaluation on common facts to which support a conclusion (though not always a valid conclusion does it make). Your claim has absolutely no support and no grounds to make such a suggestion even under the guise of common sense. It is nothing short of emotional libel drivel to which is parroted off by those who have great distaste for Palin.

Defend your case or shut up. Provide examples to which properly support your position or be swept away as trash talking a partisan position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 12:04 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,945,330 times
Quote:
Lessee.

Sounds like an idiot when she speaks = Types like an idiot

or

Sounds like an idiot when she speaks = Types like a Shakespeare-esque poet.

Hmmmm, follow the logic.
Logic? so you don't understand what common sense is and you can't even properly show what logical structure is. Wow... and you feel comfortable insulting the intelligence of others? lol

Old 06-14-2011, 12:27 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,834,449 times
Quote:
Man you all just don't get it.

When you send an email of this sort, people proof-read, change words and make it sound professional and eloquent.... You all may very well be simply impressed by the talents of whomever may have edited the email before it was sent....

I've done the same for colleagues of mine to make emails sound better.... Its not a stretch. In fact, its probable that an email like this was gone over with a fine-toothed comb before it was sent....
I'm curious to hear your opinion - if it's so obvious that politicians and people in power have all their emails scrubbed, buffed, and triplespit polished why did the people pushing to have these e-mails released think they would find so much dirt in them?

Old 06-14-2011, 12:30 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,861,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
I'm curious to hear your opinion - if it's so obvious that politicians and people in power have all their emails scrubbed, buffed, and triplespit polished why did the people pushing to have these e-mails released think they would find so much dirt in them?
STOP IT!!!!!!!!!

That is enough!!!

No more logic is to be used when discussing anything with leftists.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:33 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,529 times
What a joke most of you PALIN haters are. All I read on C-D on the day it was announced that Palins emails would be released was how much fun it was gonna be to reveal how DUMB/STUPID this woman really is.. She IS TOAST, was a quote from one of the Posts.

So now that the emails are out, all I hear is, no.. she didn't write those, she couldnt' have wrote those! If you only KNEW how STUPID you guys look.

Give it UP, move on and find someone else to HATE.. your fighting a loosing battle! Anyone with half a brain knows already that this woman is no where near STUPID... She might not fit into your ideals but STUPID she aint..

Old 06-14-2011, 12:36 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
<Note for the purposefully dense only>

I bolded a key word in the quote that might be tripping up you Tea-Partying Palinites.

Okay, there are two types of emails that I need you to differentiate in your head's here.

Some are personal or casual, and some are important and formal.

Its like going out to dinner. Sometimes you go out with your wife/husband, etc... for a casual evening at the Olive Garden. And sometimes you go out with business clients to Ruth's Chris....

On casual matters? No, she's not going to have an editor or anyone go over anything. Its not a big deal.....

On a more official email that states important matters, policies, or are going to important people in the state? You're damn right she's going to have someone edit the you know what out of it until its about perfect...

Old 06-14-2011, 12:38 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times
Let's try to look at these stupid emails as those we've all written in a mormal days activity and you must give some credence to the melding of twitter based syntax and abbreviations that take over your daily communications.

The point is: emails have taken on that unchallenged aspect of normal conversation out by the water cooler. We're seeing emails from her to everyone from her daughter's teacher's assistant to public figures and they all read the same to me. She has made no more effort to "polish" them regardless of where they were going because she was comfortqable and confidant the recipients would not be judging them on syntax, grammer or punctuation but on content alone.

Whooee, can you imagine that, someone dealing with others and neither party is concerned over stuff that does not matter? What a concept, eh?

Old 06-14-2011, 12:44 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,421 times
Quote:
<Note for the purposefully dense only>

I bolded a key word in the quote that might be tripping up you Tea-Partying Palinites.

Okay, there are two types of emails that I need you to differentiate in your head's here.

Some are personal or casual, and some are important and formal.

Its like going out to dinner. Sometimes you go out with your wife/husband, etc... for a casual evening at the Olive Garden. And sometimes you go out with business clients to Ruth's Chris....

On casual matters? No, she's not going to have an editor or anyone go over anything. Its not a big deal.....

On a more official email that states important matters, policies, or are going to important people in the state? You're damn right she's going to have someone edit the you know what out of it until its about perfect...
Maybe this is true, but it still doesn't explain all the frothing-at-the-mouth anticipatory fervor the left brought to the release of these emails...

Old 06-14-2011, 12:47 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Maybe this is true, but it still doesn't explain all the frothing-at-the-mouth anticipatory fervor the left brought to the release of these emails...
I readily admit that....

I have not sought out ONE email that Palin has authored. Was only responding to the OP here being enamoured by the emails in the first post....

Can't just stop at, "HA!!! They looked for dirt and didn't find it.". Nah, we have to push it and go for, "In fact, these emails make Palin look like she was in Mensa!!!".. LOL!!!

Old 06-14-2011, 12:58 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,421 times
Quote:
I readily admit that....

I have not sought out ONE email that Palin has authored. Was only responding to the OP here being enamoured by the emails in the first post....

Can't just stop at, "HA!!! They looked for dirt and didn't find it.". Nah, we have to push it and go for, "In fact, these emails make Palin look like she was in Mensa!!!".. LOL!!!
Well, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. I'm sure some Palin supporters were holding their breath thinking, "Please dear God, don't let them find anything that makes her look stupid!" So, there might be a little overreaction to the good news.

But, I think part of her popularity stems from the fact that no, she isn't a genius. I don't think we want a genius. We want someone who understands us and where most of us are coming from. I really feel like a lot of people still have a bad taste in their mouths from the whole "clinging to guns and religion" thing Obama said. He really came off as elitist with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies