Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 12:43 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Summer camps that involve religion are all over this country and have been for a very long time.
Good God (pun intended), what does the Tea Party have to do with religion? I thought the TP had a big umbrella, was open to everyone. One of those doofuses said that during the debate last night, I don't remember which one now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 12:52 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Teaching what? I would have to see more of WHAT they are teaching to see if we are talking history or politics, my bet is on the later, otherwise it would not be associated to any group
Casper
So all the complaining is for nothing?

I agree with you though....my son can learn on his own...

Old 06-14-2011, 12:52 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,727,118 times
Quote:
I did not teach my sons my politcal beliefs and rarely, if ever, discussed politics in front of them. One son is a Republican and the other is an Independent like myself, enough said. Personally I prefer parents let kids be kids and when they grow up they can make up their own minds. Teaching what? I would have to see more of WHAT they are teaching to see if we are talking history or politics, my bet is on the later, otherwise it would not be associated to any group
Casper

If YOU aren't providing your children with knowledge about politics then SOMEONE ELSE is. If you believe your values and polictical leanings are correct then there is nothing wrong with getting "first bat" at steering them in your direction.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:42 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So all the complaining is for nothing?

I agree with you though....my son can learn on his own...
I wasn't complaining.
I was commenting on past history and that there can parallels, until we know more we cannot judge.
Casper

Old 06-14-2011, 03:44 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
If YOU aren't providing your children with knowledge about politics then SOMEONE ELSE is. If you believe your values and polictical leanings are correct then there is nothing wrong with getting "first bat" at steering them in your direction.
That is your choice but I can assure you that once your child reaches adulthood they will be what THEY want themselves to be and not what you want them to be. Better to instill good values and leave politics out of the child rearing IMHO.
Casper

Old 06-14-2011, 03:52 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Tea party group offers summer camp - St. Petersburg Times

The organization, which falls under the tea party umbrella, hopes to introduce kids ages 8 to 12 to principles that include "America is good," "I believe in God," and "I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable."

He said he was not familiar with public school curriculum, but, "I do know they have a lot of political correctness. We are a faithful people, and when you talk about natural law, you have to talk about God. When you take that out of the discussion, you miss the whole thing."

Interesting
"Falls under the Tea party umbrella"??? You lost me there. To me, Pelosi and 0bama fall under the Marxist umbrella.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:16 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
I wasn't complaining.
I was commenting on past history and that there can parallels, until we know more we cannot judge.
Casper
Oh yes you were....

You were complaining about something you did not agree with.....without knowing what they were actually teaching...

Old 06-14-2011, 06:32 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
Quote:
Gemany had them also.
Casper
"The organization, which falls under the tea party umbrella, hopes to introduce kids ages 8 to 12 to principles that include "America is good," "I believe in God," and "I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to."

Sounds like history repeating itself indeed.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:36 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Tea party group offers summer camp - St. Petersburg Times

The organization, which falls under the tea party umbrella, hopes to introduce kids ages 8 to 12 to principles that include "America is good," "I believe in God," and "I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable."

He said he was not familiar with public school curriculum, but, "I do know they have a lot of political correctness. We are a faithful people, and when you talk about natural law, you have to talk about God. When you take that out of the discussion, you miss the whole thing."

Interesting
Do you hate God, America, the constitution, and hard work or something? I know those aren't typical liberal principles, but still...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies