Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 01:56 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
If we got our energy from renewable sources, we would dramatically lower our spending on energy that would free up businesses and consumers to spend or invest elsewhere.
How much would it cost?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 02:02 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
How much would it cost?
How much will what cost? There's not just one bill or plan that can change it over night. Eventually technology and market forces will push consumers to solar and wind power or new technology not even made yet. Fossil fuels are limited and will eventually run out. Getting power from wind, solar, geothermal, hydroelectric, etc makes sense.

I'm not even anti-nuclear. I would support a bill that closed all coal plants and to replace lost energy create more nuclear plants.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
How much will what cost? There's not just one bill or plan that can change it over night. Eventually technology and market forces will push consumers to solar and wind power or new technology not even made yet. Fossil fuels are limited and will eventually run out. Getting power from wind, solar, geothermal, hydroelectric, etc makes sense.

I'm not even anti-nuclear. I would support a bill that closed all coal plants and to replace lost energy create more nuclear plants.
How much will it cost to go to using ONLY alternative energy sources?

Old 06-14-2011, 02:15 PM

760 posts, read 685,545 times
Quote:
Are you not willing to spend a few bucks extra for a clean environment for the future generations?

Old 06-14-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force View Post
Are you not willing to spend a few bucks extra for a clean environment for the future generations?
Not really....I will be dead.

You can go ahead and pay for my share.

I should really be outside cutting some trees down....and then burning the trash.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:19 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
I will pay a few extra bucks gladly, though if it turns out you are wrong and it costs much much more, you get to pick up the bill, ok?

Old 06-14-2011, 02:21 PM

760 posts, read 685,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I will pay a few extra bucks gladly, though if it turns out you are wrong and it costs much much more, you get to pick up the bill, ok?
Gladly. As soon as it is proven that coal plants and other large polluters are a positive influence on our environment, I will gladly pick up your side of the bill.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Gladly. As soon as it is proven that coal plants and other large polluters are a positive influence on our environment, I will gladly pick up your side of the bill.
Where does your electricity come from?
What source?
Do you have your own off grid power supply?

Old 06-14-2011, 02:26 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
That is not what you stated:

Quote:
In response to:

Quote:
The poster was concerned about the cost being impractical to fully switch to such.

You claimed as you state above that it would only be a few bucks extra for such a move.

So, I said I would gladly pay a "few bucks extra" if in fact this was the case, though your response was:

Quote:
Which is irrelevant. You see, it is only going to cost "a few bucks extra" to go to these technologies completely, so why would we even care about your above requirement?

So, the point is.... if we switch and since you claim it is only "few extra bucks", I will pay for a "few extra bucks" and you can pay the rest if it costs more.

We good now? You on topic and straight with it?

Old 06-14-2011, 02:30 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The man teaches coal mining. No bias there.

Even if all our CO2 efforts were negated in four days it does not mean we should not continue. After all adding human created CO2 would just add to the volvanic sources.
Yes.

Do we want real jobs....oil drilling, natural gas drilling, coal mining, building refineries, nuclear power plants, etc. which would add MILLIONS of quality, high paying jobs?

Or do we wish to continue this pipe dream of being "carbon neutral"?

IMO, if we wish to be great again, we must take advantage of our natural resources and capitalize on the tax revenue that comes from them.

I earn my living in the Solar business, but I would give it up for the good of the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies