Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 09:03 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cat View Post
Fail. Global warming is more of a consensus than ever. "Climate change" is meant to help minds like yours grasp the concept of climate vs. weather, and global vs. local.
It doesn't work with these people. The power of propaganda is too strong, their intellect is too weak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

How friggin hard is to look up real scientific data on how volcanic activity compares to human activity in regards to CO2 emissions???

I can't fathom in my head how someone could be so dense? Is it intentional dishonesty? Low IQ level?
Combination of both.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
This guy is claiming the planet has cooled 0.7 degrees during the past century, when in reality globally averaged temperature has actually increased by that amount from 1906-2005. Given that, give me one reason I should take anything else he says seriously?
Facts have never mattered to the people who would take him seriously.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:11 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Such amazing contributions to a thread Odanny:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's too easy to fool people these days. That is the Dumbing Down of America illustrated, and there is no better subject than climate change to show the world our ignorance.
Quote:
It doesn't work with these people. The power of propaganda is too strong, their intellect is too weak.
Quote:
Combination of both.
Quote:
Facts have never mattered to the people who would take him seriously.
all insults, all snide remarks without ever a mention of this "science" you so often claim you understand.

I found your "combination of both" remark quite interesting, especially when padcrasher was unable to respond to my question of him showing us how easy it is when he was claiming how stupid people were for not being able to see how easy it is to calculate the evidence. Funny, so easy... yet too hard for him to do it? Or you for that matter? Nah, didn't think so.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:23 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Oh and by the way, I really really really wish the A in AGW were true because it looks like we are going to need some warming.

I dont want to see cooling because it KILLS people. Warming is good. it expands the growing season and adds acres to the ariable land mass....

cooling does the opposite and it is looking like the sun has decided to bring us some cooling... bad news, bad news...
Not that this has anything to do with the way climate change is happneing, but......Ferd, more people are killed by heatwaves than they are by the cold.

I don't have the numbers in my head, but many died during the heatwave that hit the Russian grain belt last year. Many more died from heatwaves in many other places, including the U.S.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:36 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The man teaches coal mining. No bias there.

Even if all our CO2 efforts were negated in four days it does not mean we should not continue. After all adding human created CO2 would just add to the volvanic sources.

You enjoy beating your head against the wall much?

Old 06-14-2011, 09:52 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
We were just setting heat records in the past couple of weeks around the country. From 2000-2010 it was the hottest decade on record. Last year was the hottest average global temp on record.
and it was a record cold winter to boot,, we had the coldest 6 consecutive months of cool weather here in the usvi this year than i can ever remember, and i've been here for over 40 years. it's been pretty hot the last few weeks though.. must be global warming

or could it be climate change in action

i still think some absolutely brutal winters a coming though

Old 06-14-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
and it was a record cold winter to boot,, we had the coldest 6 consecutive months of cool weather here in the usvi this year than i can ever remember, and i've been here for over 40 years. it's been pretty hot the last few weeks though.. must be global warming

or could it be climate change in action

i still think some absolutely brutal winters a coming though
You should understand now, if you don't already, that weather extremes are going to be the NORM.

HOTTER summers can also mean COLDER winters.

Now think if climate change denialsts take this information and work to compute an AVERAGE temperature which is somehow LOWER, due to the severity of cold winters versus hotter summer average temperatures.

Understanding this example is only one take on climate change denial, and it's how an army of propagandists are underwritten by oil companies, coal companies, and other polluters to confuse, distract, and mislead. This thread is also only one example of how easy it is.

The Dumbing Down rolls on................

Old 06-14-2011, 10:30 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yet another zombie global warming urban legend from right wingers.

Spreading stupid misinformation while ignoring real scientific evidence. This Volcano's cause global warming sham" is as old as the hills.

The U.S. Department of Energy's Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center (CDIAC) website (Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center) helps anyone armed with a handheld calculator and a high school chemistry text put the volcanic CO2 tally into perspective. Because while 200 million tonnes of CO2 is large, the global fossil fuel CO2 emissions for 2003 tipped the scales at 26.8 billion tonnes. Thus, not only does volcanic CO2 not dwarf that of human activity, it actually comprises less than 1 percent of that value.

How friggin hard is to look up real scientific data on how volcanic activity compares to human activity in regards to CO2 emissions???

I can't fathom in my head how someone could be so dense? Is it intentional dishonesty? Low IQ level?
That fathoming problem is probably due to your head being filled with propaganda. And if I were you, I'd track those suckers down that did this to you, and knock the crap out of them! But the good news is, there should be no permanent damage. Now, if you really find researching scientific data so easy ... why don't you do it? That will cure the fathoming issue quickly. I mean, why spend all your time reading and analyzing total tripe produced by UN bureaucrats who what to tax you into the medieval warm period? Especially when it's also causing a fathoming problem ... hey, left untreated, it could be dangerous.

Much of the confusion is pure diversion .. slight of hand .. and the old technique that says "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with Bull****".

The simple truth is, the only pertinent scientific data that needs to be analyzed is that big chart that His Holiness the Goracle uses in his global warming traveling snake oil show. You trust Al Gore don't you? You wouldn't challenge his scientific data, would you? Of course not.

Well, when you look at the Goracle's data, which is based on ice core records, CLOSELY ... what you will see is that over the span of hundreds of thousands of years, every single rise of atmospheric CO2 levels appeared several hundred years AFTER a warming period ... now this is a key point, so PAY ATTENTION .... CO2 rose AFTER a warming period ... not before ... not during ... AFTER.

Now, since you're such a smart guy ... of such immense IQ ... you ought to be able to tackle this simple little riddle with one hand tied behind your back ... the only conclusion, based on what the data actually shows is that increases in global temperatures cannot possibly be caused by CO2 since the CO2 doesn't rise until hundreds of years after a warming period. Cause and effect ... you just can't get around it.

Maybe an analogy might help ... and since we are talking about gases here ... let's say you consume a large bowl of baked beans ... a few hours later, you're a little bloated and crampy, and you then begin to fart your arse off. I mean you're rippin em' out. Can you see how ridiculous it would sound if I told you that your gas caused you to eat the beans? You'd say .. no, I ate the beans and then I got the gas. And I'd say ... but there is a consensus of the scientists who say that gas causes people to eat beans ... and you'd say I don't give a damn what those scientists say, that makes no sense.

This is really all you need to know about the global warming caused by CO2 scam. Just remember that eating the beans caused the gas ... the gas did not cause you to eat the beans. And you'll never be confused about all of this CO2 and Volcanoes and Fossil Fuels and emails admitting the purposeful tampering of data ... and the phony hockey stick nonsense ... I mean ... it's a great big mess, and it could confuse anybody.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 06-14-2011 at 10:53 PM..

Old 06-15-2011, 02:14 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh please co2 ppm rates were much higher 10,000 years ago

facts are we are at low rates for co2

co2ppm is currently about 320ppm plants cant survive below 200ppm, most plants would love to see 700-1200 ppm.... 10,000 years ago the co2ppm was over 1800
I guess it is much more complex than that. Plants don't think the way we do, they don't think rationally. If they were hungry for so much more CO2, they would have reduced CO2 concentration to almost zero by now, consuming it as soon as any animal/human breathes out, more or less. But that is not the case at all.

I guess this is an interesting diagram on CO2 levels: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ide_400kyr.png

And this one is interesting as it shows that CO2 levels are indeed lower today than they were millions of years ago. But then again, the question is, can we humans live with higher levels? We have only been around when CO2 levels were very low (left-hand side of the diagram).

Last edited by Neuling; 06-15-2011 at 02:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies