Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 01:25 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,196,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
And I added a question to my last post. Do you speak Spanish fluently? Because if you don't, you won't get hired here.
Complete bull****.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:29 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Lack of caring = doling out money to an unemployed person for almost 2 years?
Well, why don't you go fetch back some of those jobs we've outsourced (which has only profited big corporations) and then we'll have this little discussion. Otherwise, I'd suggest you realize that jobs are pretty hard to come by these days and extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures.

Look, I voted for Obama and signed his BD card. I also told him to end the damn wars. We need that money to take care of our own. But republicans never seem to get this. I am not sure he'd get my vote again. What I AM sure of is no republican has a snowball's chance in hell of ever getting my vote. I only pray that one of the kookiest of all, Michelle Bachman, gets the nomination.

But I digress. Again, go over to India and snag some of those jobs back and I'll answer your question.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:29 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
And I notice you did not answer my question as to whether you are fluent in Spanish or not. The only jobs I've been offered, in large part, are because I have passed fluency tests in Spanish. Doesn't make it right. And I worked for peanuts at those jobs.
see post #90

Old 06-16-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Well, why don't you go fetch back some of those jobs we've outsourced
due to liberal high tax policies

Old 06-16-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Complete bull****.
Says who and where do you live? I'm not talking about engineering jobs here. I am talking about average Joe jobs here. Most likely you do not live here and so your comment is irrelevant.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
due to liberal high tax policies
No, due to corporate greed.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
No, due to corporate greed.
nope due to globalist liberal policies like nafta, and having the highest corporate tax in the world

Old 06-16-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
nope due to globalist liberal policies like nafta
Yup, Clinton screwed up there BUT the idea came from Bush Sr. I am not sure of the machinations behind all of that. I suppose no one was holding a gun to Clinton's head, but that was then and this is now. Certainly eight years of Bush policy had a wee bit to do with favoring big corporations and being in bed with Wall Street. We know it was full of lies about WMD and stupid Americans bought into it. We know it disgraced this country by violating the Geneva Conventions and torturing people.

How all of this relates to AZ I am not sure, except that we're filled to the brim with these right wing voters who haven't gotten the memo that they are NOT cared about by those in power.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:39 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,196,218 times
Quote:
Well, why don't you go fetch back some of those jobs we've outsourced (which has only profited big corporations) and then we'll have this little discussion.
Quote:
Look, I voted for Obama and signed his BD card. I also told him to end the damn wars.
Quote:
Again, go over to India and snag some of those jobs back and I'll answer your question.
Diversion and flailing.

Let's review... I never claimed there was no outsourcing, I didn't comment on Obama, and I never really asked you a question so a trip to India isn't required.

You said there are no jobs in Arizona. You said one has to speak Spanish to get hired. Those claims are both false, and easily proven so. Stop lying.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Diversion and flailing.

Let's review... I never claimed there was no outsourcing, I didn't comment on Obama, and I never really asked you a question so a trip to India isn't required.

You said there are no jobs in Arizona. You said one has to speak Spanish to get hired. Those claims are both false, and easily proven so. Stop lying.
I happen to live here. You don't. So stop pretending like you know what is going on here. And I am not lying. I really only got those jobs because of my Spanish. And anyone who speaks Spanish will be given preference over someone who does not, all other things being equal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies