Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 03:19 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,696,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
How many years will it take Republicans to fix the damage caused by Obama?
OVER 9,000!!!!

lol sorry, I couldn't help myself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 03:22 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times
What damage has Obama caused?

The economy was in a tailspin when he took office and had been months prior to that.

If he hadn't done TARP or bailouts, there still would have been economic harm.

Had he not had the government help GM and Chrysler, there would have been economic harm.

Had Democrats along with Obama not done things the Republicans objected to like extending unemployment benefits, there would have been economic harm.

McCain or any other Republican, had they been elected president in 2008, would not have been able to pull the country out of the 2007 recession and get things roaring again without it being a process where there would still be a large number of unemployed and continued housing market slump and foreclosures.

So, what exactly has Obama done that's damaged or is destroying the country?

And just look at what "jobs jobs jobs" Republicans did when they got the House - go after abortion, Planned Parenthood, and NPR. It's in their political ethos. You think they're serious about fixing real problems that impact Americans' lives? They'll do the same as they always do.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:25 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Let me ask you... what changes were you looking forward to, compared to the Bush era?
Things have unfolded with Obama pretty much as I expected them, too. First he tried to implement the agenda he promised and then when "reality" settled in, he continued with what we see now.

You can take that any way you want.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:28 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,334,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
What made you think Obama was going to bring about any real change?
He accelerated the growth of government - exactly what I expected him to do. I didn't vote for him, though. From Nixon to Reagan to Bush, Republicans have also grown the size of the Federal government. They merely grow it in different areas than the Democrats. Do you really think that the majority of Republican candidates would question spending another trillion dollars on the military? Even when our military spending is 6x the spending of any other single country on earth? Do you think that the majority would work to restore constitutional limits on government if elected? Stop bombing people around the world in the name of "defense"? Of course not. The two parties aren't really that different. In the chart below, you'll note that Federal spending per capita has not reduced in the last 60 years no matter which party was in power. Politicians who'd do so are few and far between. I support Ron Paul because I think that he would introduce and support legislation to do just that as President.

Last edited by flash3780; 06-14-2011 at 04:17 PM..

Old 06-14-2011, 04:04 PM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Yep. The Republicans had a solid majority going into GWB's first term. Then 9/11 happened and everything changed.
I see, 9-11 screwed it up, so lets dance again. Bush had enormous backing in congress through much of his two terms. My stance is both parties are very wrong and at the same time very right. Neither party should dominate both houses and the white house for a very long time.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:20 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,334,427 times
I just want to point out that the inflation-adjusted spending per person in the United States is 5x greater than it was in 1950. So... the Federal government is 5x bigger.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:22 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
The economy will explode the minute obama is voted out. That means no more obamacare, cut the taxes, drill, drill, drill... The money will be flowing and employers will be fighting over the applicants.
obama has kept his promice and is destroying America

Old 06-14-2011, 04:24 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Well since it took the Republicans 8 years to wreck it, I would imagine a decade or two to finish the job.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:26 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
The economy will explode the minute obama is voted out. That means no more obamacare, cut the taxes, drill, drill, drill... The money will be flowing and employers will be fighting over the applicants.
obama has kept his promice and is destroying America
Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high,
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby.
Skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me.

Bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?

Old 06-14-2011, 04:26 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
About a month is what they gave the current President to fix the Bush era crap. So that was 8 years of mistakes. So I would assume Republicans could fix everything in two weeks or less.

If unemployment isn't below 7 after the election in two weeks if Republicans win, I'd be amazed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies