Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Muslims Be Profiled Exclusively
Yes..No Doubt, Dignity Innocent People. 33 56.90%
No... Everyone should be treated the same.. Even the Possible Terrorists. 25 43.10%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 10:59 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyone57 View Post
When does it stop? 10 yrs? 20 yrs? 300 yrs?

When would profiling Muslims stop?
When the frequency of Muslims blowing **** up is equal to the frequency of Christians blowing **** up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 11:01 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,773 times

YouTube - ‪"Palestinian" arabs response on 11/9‬‏

YouTube - ‪Muslims Celebrating 9/11‬‏

Story on these people protesting Bin Ladens Death
Quote:
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — Some two dozen Palestinians gathered in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday to pay tribute to slain al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden.
About 25 people holding pictures and posters of bin Laden rallied outside a Gaza City university. The crowd included al-Qaida sympathizers as well as students who said they opposed bin Laden’s ideology, but were angry at the U.S. for killing him and consider him a martyr.
Hamas police did not interfere in the demonstration.
On Monday, Ismail Haniyeh, prime minister of Gaza’s Hamas government, condemned the U.S. operation against bin Laden, whom he hailed as a “Muslim and Arab warrior.”
Dont Cop It - London Islamic’s Protest Osama Bin Laden’s Death : The English Defence League Don’t Cop It from these Morons (http://www.dontcopit.com/london-islamics-protest-osama-bin-ladens-death-the-english-defence-league-dont-cop-it-from-these-morons/ - broken link)

Quote:
Violent clashes broke out around the world today as thousands of supporters of Osama bin Laden took to the streets to protest at the Al-Qaeda leader’s death.
While many protests took place across the Muslim world, the most extraordinary took place in London, where hundreds of supporters gathered at the U.S. embassy to stage a mock ‘funeral service’ for the slain terror leader.
The violence erupted just days after the city – often dubbed London-istan because of its reputation for Islamic extremism – was branded a major recruiting ground for Al Qaeda.

Muslim protesters clash with police outside the American Embassy in London
A radical Muslim argues with one police officer as other officers attempt to control the protests
Hey lets make peace though...these guys shouldnt be screened any more then the innocent americans...

As a matter of fact lets be friends!!!!Not...

Even in Iran..Death To America....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92myDzAFgU4

But hey we should negotiate with these people...Meanwhile they been working on Nuclear Power for the past 3-4 years... I wonder what they plan to do with that?

Last edited by Jermaine88; 06-15-2011 at 11:25 AM..

Old 06-15-2011, 11:08 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
When the frequency of Muslims blowing **** up is equal to the frequency of Christians blowing **** up.
Ever heard of Nagaski or Hirishoma? We "Christians" are quite good at killing other people! How do you exactly "profile" Muslims too? I happen to have Muslim friends from South America that you couldn't profile unless they actually told you they are "Muslim"!

Old 06-15-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Ever heard of Nagaski or Hirishoma? We "Christians" are quite good at killing other people! How do you exactly "profile" Muslims too? I happen to have Muslim friends from South America that you couldn't profile unless they actually told you they are "Muslim"!
Don't sit here and tell me that Christians, in this day and age, are blowing up as much **** as Muslims. You're lying to yourself.

You profile by taking a number of factors into account. This is not random searching of all Muslims.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:13 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
You went back to 1945 and into the context of a military war to come up with a response to claim equivalence. That should tell you all you need to know.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:14 AM

419 posts, read 365,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post

YouTube - ‪"Palestinian" arabs response on 11/9‬‏

YouTube - ‪Muslims Celebrating 9/11‬‏

Story on these people protesting Bin Ladens Death

Dont Cop It - London Islamic’s Protest Osama Bin Laden’s Death : The English Defence League Don’t Cop It from these Morons (http://www.dontcopit.com/london-islamics-protest-osama-bin-ladens-death-the-english-defence-league-dont-cop-it-from-these-morons/ - broken link)

Hey lets make peace though...these guys shouldnt be screened any more then the innocent americans...

As a matter of fact lets be friends!!!!Not...
Ok. So what about the other MILLIONS of Muslims who don't behave that way? They go against the stereotypes and profiles. Should they still be profiled? No matter how they act they will always be profiled by people like you. That's my opinion.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:22 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Ok. So what about the other MILLIONS of Muslims who don't behave that way? They go against the stereotypes and profiles. Should they still be profiled? No matter how they act they will always be profiled by people like you. That's my opinion.
A realistic conversation about security strategy doesn't begin with an assessment of all the Muslims in the world. It begins with an assessment of the bombers. Such an assessment then leads to the conclusion that the majority are Muslim and with particular backgrounds and behaviors.

On another point, if it's so bad to subject the people who are not behaving that way to unnecessary questions, why is it better to broaden the pool of people questioned unnecessarily?

Old 06-15-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
I know the majority of Muslims are not like this. They shouldn't all be profiled. However a Muslim is more likely to be a terrorist than a white guy. Yes, I said it, and it's true. The factor must be taken into account to combat this problem.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:33 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
The difference is, it is the only Hijacked Religion in the world that actively carries out attacks on this level. If it was a Sikh or Hindu that was attacking us we should target them, of course. If it was David Karesh, we would target white guys with curly hair, wouldn't we?

And being PC doesn't carry any weight in protecting us on racial or ethnic profiling. If a potential Perpretraitor is Middle Eastern in description and name (As all 19 hijackers were) that description should be put out there. If DB Cooper was white, why would law enforcement be looking for a Chinese man. Will terrorist groups start recruiting Whites, Hispanics or Black Americans if we start profiling Middle Eastern people with Muslim last names, probably, but then we adjust from there!

You really think it was just Christians that built the Bomb and Dropped it. There were Christians, Jews, Athiest and I'm sure every other religion in our country that had a piece of those two bombs.

There were only Fundamentalist Muslims that planned and carried out the terrorist attack during 911.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:34 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I know the majority of Muslims are not like this. They shouldn't all be profiled. However a Muslim is more likely to be a terrorist than a white guy. Yes, I said it, and it's true. The factor must be taken into account to combat this problem.
That's not correct. A terrorist might be more likely to be a Muslim, but a Muslim is not more likely to be a terrorist.

That's an important distinction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies