Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 04:20 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I did in 2008 and you voted in Obama and Bush's for the last decade.
Enjoy!!

Don't count on it, the egg has not hatched yet, and people this time around, won't be fooled by fancy catch phrases of HOPE AND CHANGE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 05:03 PM

873 posts, read 1,804,693 times
Yes they will....why wouldn't they??? They're the same dumb voters that voted last time and the time before and the time before, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
people this time around, won't be fooled by fancy catch phrases of HOPE AND CHANGE!

Old 06-15-2011, 05:16 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times
He had plenty of company in predicting it, as opposed to those clueless Democrats and Paul Krugman who insist on blaming 'those greedy bankers'.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:38 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Ron Paul was no genius predicting the collapse of the housing market. It was one of the longest running and most discussed bubbles to ever occur. The WSJ was warning everyone about the dangers of FNM for years and the potential for disaster in the housing market.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:40 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,282,407 times
Ron Paul is right on most issues. It is time this country woke up and realized that our expansionist, negative fiscal policies aren't working.
Time for a change. Time for Ron Paul!

Old 06-15-2011, 05:44 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
He doesnt have a monopoly but for the last 30 years he has been working in our government to change it. Instead government has been creating the bubbles dont you think its time we had a leader in washington (IE President) who knows how the economy works and doesn't.
30 years? I guess he hasn't been all that effective in getting the message out.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
30 years? I guess he hasn't been all that effective in getting the message out.
LOL the youth today is seeing Ron Paul's message and following it-- they actually enjoy liberty (what a concept!)

Also, a whole TEA PARTY MOVEMENT sprung up born from Ron Paul's ideas

I think people are finally starting to realize that Ron Paul has had it right all along...

Good old fashioned republican principles are on the rise, and Ron Paul is at the heart of this movement.

If you like liberty, then I would recommend giving Ron Paul a chance! However, if you like spending our way into huge amounts of debt, devaluing our dollar, and spreading empire around the world-- then please continue supporting whatever candidate the establishment tells you to.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:15 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
"The Founding Fathers envisioned a robustly Christian yet religiously tolerant America, with churches serving as vital institutions that would eclipse the state in importance. Throughout our nation’s history, churches have done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility." -Ron Paul

Uh, no Ron LOL..Ron Paul likes to ensvision his own history and a reality that's not real. I realize this fantasy world appeals to a small but rabid group of Paul followers but seriously, get over it, this loon will never be president. Let him stay where he is and shake up the republican hackerism. Everybody has a place and that's his. I actually think he understands that. I don't think the guy really wants to be president. He's using this as a platform to spout his stuff. I'm ok with that.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:22 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
Ron Paul = Grab a Sharpie, make a bumper sticker. Ya don't get elected that way.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
"The Founding Fathers envisioned a robustly Christian yet religiously tolerant America, with churches serving as vital institutions that would eclipse the state in importance. Throughout our nation’s history, churches have done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility." -Ron Paul

Uh, no Ron LOL..Ron Paul likes to ensvision his own history and a reality that's not real. I realize this fantasy world appeals to a small but rabid group of Paul followers but seriously, get over it, this loon will never be president. Let him stay where he is and shake up the republican hackerism. Everybody has a place and that's his. I actually think he understands that. I don't think the guy really wants to be president. He's using this as a platform to spout his stuff. I'm ok with that.
Wow what churches are YOU attending?
Most churches I know of do preach morality and civility...

You must have some screwed up view of churches in America...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies