Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 04:28 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cat View Post
The rich get richer, isn't that what you want? Pelosi's not the one fighting to keep her taxes as low as possible.
We dont pay tax on wealth.. These people could get taxed at 100%, and it wouldnt affect them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 04:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Pelosi isn't the only one. The DC area is the richest right now with about 3% unemployment (heard on the radio today). You want to tax the wealthy then look no further than Congress my friends.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:30 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,300,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
As if taxes are a measure of morality.
Let me hold your hand and walk you through this: the smear is that Pelosi's a hypocrite for being rich. But the truth is that she's not the one saying "Hands off! It's mine and I deserve it!"

Old 06-15-2011, 04:32 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,300,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
We dont pay tax on wealth.. These people could get taxed at 100%, and it wouldnt affect them
So let's fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Pelosi isn't the only one. The DC area is the richest right now with about 3% unemployment (heard on the radio today). You want to tax the wealthy then look no further than Congress my friends.
Amen. Tax Washington, New York, Houston, wherever obscene wealth is to be found, take a fair share to save this economy.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:32 PM

45,224 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And Congress persons may as well reside in their own country, because they pass laws that are seldom applied to them.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
So let's fix that.
How, by stealing from people?

Old 06-15-2011, 08:51 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,480,601 times
Quote:
Originally posted by pghquest
Well, if it won't hurt them, then we can tax, help pay off the debt and they'll still have plenty. So there's no harm done, eh? It is funny to hear conservatives harp on Pelosi getting wealthier because I thought they liked it when people became successful (When success = $$$). But then, I'm not a huge Pelosi fan, myself.

Quote:
How, by stealing from people?
If taxation always equaled theft, then there'd be no government. You cannot have any government without some form of taxation to support it.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Well, if it won't hurt them, then we can tax, help pay off the debt and they'll still have plenty. So there's no harm done, eh?
It would generate ZERO more revenues because AGAIN, we dont tax WEALTH, we tax income..
Quote:
It is funny to hear conservatives harp on Pelosi getting wealthier because I thought they liked it when people became successful (When success = $$$). But then, I'm not a huge Pelosi fan, myself.
People only harp on Pelosi because Pelosi harps on everyone else who is "rich",
Quote:
If taxation always equaled theft, then there'd be no government. You cannot have any government without some form of taxation to support it.
Under that argument, you'd have no problem just taxing everyone at 100% of their income then, by your own admission above, people not paying enough is the reason we are running huge deficits, not the fact that they are overspending

Old 06-15-2011, 09:06 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,531 times
Quote:
Amen. Tax Washington, New York, Houston, wherever obscene wealth is to be found, take a fair share to save this economy.
Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

Old 06-15-2011, 09:15 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Haha it never ends. I mean the US government is one big racket with both sides of the aisle raping and pillaging the US economy right along with their corporate overlords. One big ****ig plutocracy.
And Nasty Nancy is a very important part of the group you are howling about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies