Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 01:43 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
He does work and the Pell grants he does receive is very small in relation to the total amount that others receive. In fact, he is working while he is going to college so there is certainly effort on his part to pay his way.

Now, if he graduates and sits on his a$$ collecting welfare, living in section 8 housing paid for by the working class, getting free health care from the state and voting for Obamie and complaining that the working class doesn't pay enough taxes because his welfare check doesn't pay for all the beer and cigarettes he needs to get by well...

Then I will call him a liberal and he can change his name to Moon Bat.. I will change my address and phone number...
This is the epitome of a republican. Complaining about how little government handouts they receive, by bashing those they ignorantly think are taking away from the handouts they should be receiving
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 02:40 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
2 1/2 years into the Obama presidency & still blaming it on Bush I see.

I didn't say anything about Bush but if you think he might have had a hand in today's problems please explain. It didn't all start with Obama and won't end with a Republican POTUS. Feel free to go back as far as you need to in order to feel comfortable admitting that, to any previous Democratic POTUS if it helps you sleep better.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:09 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Many of the college kids who voted for him in 2008 have since graduated with no jobs in sight. They'll be remorseful of their votes for Obama, too.

They've learned... you reap what you sow.
We do sort of have an oversupply of college grads though... especially ones with a degree in something easy or that doesn't really qualify them for anything much, really.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:12 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Good to hear about cutting back on the Pell Grants. Hopefully they do away with the Pell Grant and increase the subsidized loans. Makes no sense to give away the money. Maybe reserve Pell Grants to degrees in areas of high demand... it's so sad how many students waste government money on useless degrees.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:16 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
So my son, who is in college and receives some Pell grants opened the mail yesterday. The letter he received was from the folks who distribute the grants. The letter informed him that due to decisions by the Obama administration they were cutting back on the Pell Grants.. So, I think the younger generation that was so enamored with the village idiots rhetoric and **** and bull promises will be waking up to the fact that they were taken as well as the rest of the lib's.

I fully realize we need to stop the free give aways but I find it hilarious that every day we see Obamie's buddies get millions in stimulus, Obamie's buddies get good government jobs, Obamie's buddies get waviers from Obama care., millions a day to invade Libya, spending more money on a round of golf that one kid gets for his entire education. BUT, The kids get Pell grants taken away..

Good God, this guy is a total freaking moron..

Oh, and between golf and fund raising dinners he.........

President Obama will be briefed by his economic team in the Oval Office on Wednesday, the first such meeting in more than a month.

Economic briefing returns to Obama's schedule - latimes.com

Gotta keep up on that thingy doodle you know the ehhh shoot.. Oh, yeah the eecoonommieeee
If memory serves, wasn't it the Republicans that pushed for less education spending under the last budget passed? I believe the Obama administration wanted to increase pell grants.

I'd like to see this letter, can you copy and paste it? Sounds a whole lot like the NRA flyer I saw during the 08 elections that said that President Obama would outlaw all guns, and laid out a plan he was going to do to do that.

Guns are still legal in the United States.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:35 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This is the epitome of a republican. Complaining about how little government handouts they receive, by bashing those they ignorantly think are taking away from the handouts they should be receiving
I was just coming on to post this.

I mean really?

OP, you're obviously Republican and not happy your son voted Democrat. You hate all the supposedly-Democrat giveaways EXCEPT the ones your family gets. Then when Obama supposedly starts acting Republican and taking that crap away, you are mad. Do you hear yourself? I also find it interesting that a letter informing you of Pell Grant cutbacks would specify that "due to the Obama Administration....". While that, in fact, may be true, I seriously doubt a letter would call that out.

I do feel your pain though. Right when I entered college, under the Reagan years (and we all voted and loved Reagan), my college financing was seriously cut and everyone was quite open about it being Reagan's policies that cut such grants and loans. Sure, we weren't happy but we didn't stand around whining about how the President stuck it to us. We voted for him, those were his plans. Your son should be such a me-me-me voter.

Last edited by ChristineVA; 06-16-2011 at 06:36 AM..

Old 06-16-2011, 06:08 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm pretty sure the economy tanked and jobs were being lost before Obama was POTUS. McCain wouldn't have been any different. Everyone knows it but still want to pretend otherwise. Wierd.
I agree. Remember that "jobless recovery" ?
How did we bounce back so fast without the jobs coming back ?
Why loose credit (AKA DEBT) gave people the illusion of recovered "wealth".

Old 06-16-2011, 06:19 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
Quote:
ROTFLMAO! Congratulations, you have just added absolutely nothing to the discussion in this thread just like your party added absolutely nothing to the future of this nation when you voted in Barry. Keep on a votin' there tiger! One more term and we will all be living in one room shack's and standing in bread lines...

See my post above..
No, he added truth. Your ideology is all about cutting government spending and especially cutting "entitlements."

When it personally affects you, you complain about it.

Aren't you happy that Obama cut entitlements?

Old 06-16-2011, 06:28 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
So my son, who is in college and receives some Pell grants opened the mail yesterday. The letter he received was from the folks who distribute the grants. The letter informed him that due to decisions by the Obama administration they were cutting back on the Pell Grants.. So, I think the younger generation that was so enamored with the village idiots rhetoric and **** and bull promises will be waking up to the fact that they were taken as well as the rest of the lib's.

I fully realize we need to stop the free give aways but I find it hilarious that every day we see Obamie's buddies get millions in stimulus, Obamie's buddies get good government jobs, Obamie's buddies get waviers from Obama care., millions a day to invade Libya, spending more money on a round of golf that one kid gets for his entire education. BUT, The kids get Pell grants taken away..

Good God, this guy is a total freaking moron..

Oh, and between golf and fund raising dinners he.........

President Obama will be briefed by his economic team in the Oval Office on Wednesday, the first such meeting in more than a month.

Economic briefing returns to Obama's schedule - latimes.com

Gotta keep up on that thingy doodle you know the ehhh shoot.. Oh, yeah the eecoonommieeee

I guess they were not familiar with Chicago/Illinois politics. Too bad for them. Having lived there, I can tell you it is like living in a third world country, in which corruption is the norm. It is not surprising that Obama is corrupt and incompetent, coming from that "cradle".

Old 06-16-2011, 06:36 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
No, he added truth. Your ideology is all about cutting government spending and especially cutting "entitlements."

When it personally affects you, you complain about it.

Aren't you happy that Obama cut entitlements?
Nobody here is unhappy because they are personally affected, the entire point of this thread seems to have gone right over your head.

The point of this thread is that he is now going directly against a sizable segment of his supporter base by doing this. Whether or not republicans agree with this issue is entirely irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies