Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2011, 11:49 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
low skill jobs out in the field are plenty.

i also have no problem saying they work harder then other ethnic groups(including whites).

and the crime thing is overplayed. crime has been at its lowest point in years. where is this epidemic of crime people keep hoping will happen.

sure, crimes are committed everyday, and that will always happen.

as a whole though, crime as an excuse is not really valid.
Yeah but how do they manage to get those jobs, they don't even speak English? Obviously they are hard working for the most part and they don't let anything get in their way, they just do what they have to do. No complaining, they just do what they have to do.

And look how quickly they are coming up. The hispanic middle class is growing at a very fast pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Well, they do kill each other every now and then but nowhere near as often as blacks do... and they're too busy working.
Well of course people in all groups kill each other, but there's absolutely no comparison. I've liked in poor hispanic neighborhoods and poor black neighborhoods. There is absolutely no comparison.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:51 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,323,842 times
This is how Saints fans celebrated after winning the Super Bowl. not a single Riot. No fires (firecrackers thougH). no looting. no broken windows. No stabbing.

YouTube - ‪New Orleans Saints fans celebrate Super Bowl victory on Bourbon Street‬‏

This in a city made infamous by the rioting that DID occur after Katrina. But sports are a time for joy. There is no need to riot!

Old 06-16-2011, 11:55 AM

425 posts, read 653,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well this has sure been an lovely race baiting thread lowering us gently into the mud so we can all wallow around in ignorance. Nice.
if you don't like it in the mud pit, go entertain yourself with some Hessian matrix eigenvectors, Mathhonkey.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:08 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
This is how Saints fans celebrated after winning the Super Bowl. not a single Riot. No fires (firecrackers thougH). no looting. no broken windows. No stabbing.

YouTube - ‪New Orleans Saints fans celebrate Super Bowl victory on Bourbon Street‬‏

This in a city made infamous by the rioting that DID occur after Katrina. But sports are a time for joy. There is no need to riot!
What's really odd is that many of the white inhabitants of the New Orleans area are descendants of French Canadians who fled Nova Scotia and ended up in South Louisiana. If must not be a French thing or a white thing, I think it's a Canadian thing.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:15 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The rioting of White people is not over social injustice or for the denial of their rights but over sports....why do they get so violent and barbaric over a hockey or soccer game?

Vancouver Riots 2011: Fires Rage As Canucks Lose Stanley Cup (VIDEO)

YouTube - ‪Huge Vancouver Riot 2011 Stanley Cup Loss Part 1‬‏

YouTube - ‪Football hooligan violence at Italy v Serbia (12 Oct 2010)‬‏
The people rioting after a game are not sports fans, they are thugs who use any excuse to get drunk and cause trouble. Why you assume they are all white is far from the truth, perhaps some racism towards white in your charge..?
Perhaps more white people in the hockey riots, but those problems happen in Basketball, football, etc, in both college and Pro. I will assure you there are at least as many black and Hispanic doing those riots..
The fact you put it all on whites is either ignorance or racism...maybe both???

Old 06-16-2011, 12:16 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,278 times
Quote:
The state of California is managed by people you elected, you have nobody to blame but yourself... but then again that's a foreign concept to you.

Keep the personal attacks to yourself, I didn't cause your problems and I should be expected to fix or pay to fix them.
I didn't personally attack you, you did me however. Also, how do you know my voting record?

Old 06-16-2011, 12:19 PM

I find is horrible that people like Backspace and Sam Barrow have no idea about how society works. Its tragic that people live in our nation without even knowing what goes on in it.

PS Barrow...this has NOTHING about me being half White. It has more to do with you simply being ignorant.

It's tragic, but laughable. That's why I keep coming back.To me it's like a bad drama comedy that you know the outcome...but you hope the characters would evolve learn and grow...but they never do.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:27 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
I find is horrible that people like Backspace and Sam Barrow have no idea about how society works. Its tragic that people live in our nation without even knowing what goes on in it.

PS Barrow...this has NOTHING about me being half White. It has more to do with you simply being ignorant.

It's tragic, but laughable. That's why I keep coming back.To me it's like a bad drama comedy that you know the outcome...but you hope the characters would evolve learn and grow...but they never do.
Now you're calling us stupid. If you have an argument, present it. Otherwise no need to talk ****.

I think it's horrible that you can justify senseless violence based on adverse conditions without even acknowledging that some of the responsibility may be shared. I may not be as educated as you, but I have lived it. No amount of studying on your part can come close to what I have learned in the real world.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
People are looking for racism 24/7/365, that's a fact that is proven every day of the year if you look at the news reports or talk to anyone around you. People in certain groups always look for ways to use racism to benefit themselves. They make up instances of racism, they exaggerate instances of racism, they even go as far as to work to create special law punishments based on race alone for certain crimes.
Yup that's all people are doing 24/7.

You're right now that Obama is elected, racism is over. The wealth gap on the basis of race magically disappeared, but not really.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Actually, no. I said precedent played a part. But you're taking the position that it is solely the result of slavery.

She is.

Why was that stupid? You really don't understand the ghetto mentality these days. You really think this guy was looking for a job, got frustrated, and then murdered for some weed? No. This is the type of senseless violence that goes on every single day in America. It is senseless. It is not because of oppression and victimization.

They're also more likely to commit crimes. Sad truth.

Did Irish people 100 years ago have a 70% out of wedlock birth rate?

And why is that??? The "elites" I bet. Bull****.
Go read a book about sociology and history.

BTW, wedlock means ****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies