Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 05:24 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,515 times

Advertisements

Obama's "presidency" is a full on disaster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 05:29 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I disagree. I think Obama has shown more leadership than Bush which is not always a good thing. Obama spearheaded Obamacare despite the odds. I hate Obamacare but he was determined and pushed it through.
Ramming it down the throats of the people that made up the majority that screamed loudly they did not want any part of it is not leadership.

It's strong arm ideology.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:33 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
He is a leader because he is leading this country... whether he is a great leader or not... well, I prefer to let his presidency end and then evaluate because there is a lot of time for him to do a better job... I think his healthcare reform is disastrous

Old 06-20-2011, 05:46 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Liberalism may be okay on paper and in the classroom, but fails in every venue in which it is implemented in real life.
Always has been and always will be.

Same for Marxism and Communism.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:43 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
A true leader does not put the US in the backseat of a NATO operation from the get go. (regardless of my opposition to the operation)
That's maybe we have a leader that said it's about time that other countries step up and carry their weight instead of the United States playing "Super Cop" for the whole damn world.

Quote:
A true leader does not travel the world diminishing the accomplishments of his own country.
I true leader is honest enough with people to admit that his country has made mistakes in the past and aspires to do better. An idealogue NEVER admits his country can ever do anything wrong.

Quote:
A true leader does not govern by committee in an attempt to keep his hands clean of failed policies; rather, he is involved.
By this standard it would mean that Ronald Reagan was directly involved with the Iran-Contra scandal include the portion that involved the CIA aiding and abetting the importation of cocaine into the United States in exchange for money to fund the Contras.

Quote:
A true leader is not divisive and does not repeatedly insult 50% of the population he is supposed to represent.
If 50% of the population are narrow-minded, ignorant hateful and bigoted. I'd want a leader that insults them.

Quote:
A true leader addresses the problems of the day with all earnesty to solve them rather than kick them down the road to be someone elses problem (see budget, debt, and economy).
Oh, like George W. Bush Jr. did by leaving the United States with over 10 TRILLION DOLLARS IN DEBT. No long range plan to deal with either Social Security or Medicare and two wars to boot. Let's not mention the utter inability to locate Osama Bin Laden, almost $800 BILLION dollars in bailouts to the largest banks in the country, of 50% increase in the number of people on food stamps and an increase 21% in the number of Americans below the poverty level.

You did a helluva job Dubya!

Last edited by JazzyTallGuy; 06-20-2011 at 06:53 PM..

Old 06-20-2011, 08:07 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,723,918 times
He's good at appointing committies and czars. Golf? Jury is not in yet. He reads the teleprompter fairly well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies