Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 05:00 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,724,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
That's an atrocious answer for a politician, and he completely avoids the force of the question.

There was no force to that question. Where he sends his kids to school is irrelevent as to how much we, in NJ, can spend on education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 05:02 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,793,599 times
Sure wish Christie would come out to CA... we need that here.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:03 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,936,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
There was no force to that question. Where he sends his kids to school is irrelevent as to how much we, in NJ, can spend on education.
He is cutting public education knowing that it will have no impact on his family or other families with the wealth to send their children to private schools. He does not attempt to justify it, he basically says, "f*ck you, got mine". Not a wise political move.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:05 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,512,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equal-Opp. View Post
IMO I don't think gov chrisie handled this question well. what do you think?

caller named Gail asked:“You don’t send your children to public schools. You send them to private schools, so I was wondering why you think it’s fair to be cutting funding to public schools?” the woman asked.

christie response:“Hey Gail, you know what, first of all it’s none of your business. I don’t ask you where you send your kids to school. Don’t bother me where I send mine,” the governor responded.

http://videos.nj.com/star-ledger/201...s_none_of.html

View it for yourself.

Last edited by BentBow; 06-17-2011 at 05:28 PM..

Old 06-17-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
He is cutting public education knowing that it will have no impact on his family or other families with the wealth to send their children to private schools. He does not attempt to justify it, he basically says, "f*ck you, got mine". Not a wise political move.

Nope, he is cutting funding to everything because, we in NJ, spend the 4th most on education in the country and we had an $11 billion budget deficit (Christie closed it). I am not sure where you have been but he has been justifying the cuts since he was sworn in.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:10 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,017,671 times
Quote:
Basically that's how it sounded.

I Don't Know, I didn't hear the original question (if it was modified or not), either way it sounded like a horrid answer.

Both Liberals and Republicans who can't afford to send their children to a expensive private school should think that's a bad answer. In My Opinion of course.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:14 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,936,931 times
Quote:
Nope, he is cutting funding to everything because, we in NJ, spend the 4th most on education in the country and we had an $11 billion budget deficit (Christie closed it). I am not sure where you have been but he has been justifying the cuts since he was sworn in.
We're talking about this particular discussion, wherein he did not use much tact. I think he's a fool in general, but that's besides the point. These cuts inordinately affect the poor, and Christie comes off as a douche. Not my state, but it's shame for those who live there.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
We're talking about this particular discussion, wherein he did not use much tact. I think he's a fool in general, but that's besides the point. These cuts inordinately affect the poor, and Christie comes off as a douche. Not my state, but it's shame for those who live there.

Again, I am certain you haven't been within 100 miles of NJ. Christie is extremely effective. Christie doesn't sugar coat things, not many of us un NJ do. So what the cuts inordinatley affect the poor? It's a shame but cuts have to happen, they will always affect the poor most. By the way in the poorest districts in NJ (know as Abbott distircts) we spend just shy of 30K per pupil. Please let us know how much your state spends per pupil.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:21 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,512,309 times
Quote:
Again, I am certain you haven't been within 100 miles of NJ. Christie is extremely effective. Christie doesn't sugar coat things, not many of us un NJ do. So what the cuts inordinatley affect the poor? It's a shame but cuts have to happen, they will always affect the poor most. By the way in the poorest districts in NJ (know as Abbott distircts) we spend just shy of 30K per pupil. Please let us know how much your state spends per pupil.

Were do this idiots have such thin skin?
With the original, modified to make it much worse than it was.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:23 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,978,939 times
Quote:
It's a shame but cuts have to happen, they will always affect the poor most.
Only because some folks choose for that to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies