Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 09:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
No doubt, and from the same link:

"Perhaps surprisingly, Tea Party members are more committed to supporting the GOP candidate than other Republicans. Among GOP primary voters who are Tea Party members, 92% will vote for the Republican candidate"

It's not surprising as the right will support and vote for anyone with an (R) next to their name no matter who the candidate is, and hate on anyone that isn't. That's just what the right wingers are programmed to do.
And you of the far left aren't programmed the same way only the opposite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Probably about the same percentage of registered Democrats.

Voting the party line without question, is stupid, regardless if its an elephant or a donkey, you should vote the person and the ideas, not the party.
I guess you can't see the Republicans saying they will not vote for Obama. Now with nearly 18 months left maybe he can work some miracles but sending his wife and daughters off on the upcoming jaunt to Africa won't work any miracles for him.

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i know a lot of the freerepublic people have stated they wont vote for romney if he is nominated, they will stay home.

i also found it funny that 93 percent of the tea party would vote for the gop, which further validates my claim that the tea party is not a broad group of people, but the far right idiots of the republican party.

they are the equivalent of the far left, which is why they are bashed so much.
You seriously need to watch your words, as what you are saying is essentially a personal attack. Your posts have done nothing to add to the thread, all you're doing is calling Republicans and Tea Party members idiots. Did you forget that there is a fair amount of both here on C-D?

Romney is not my first choice, in fact, he is my last, but he is still better than Obama. THAT is how I can make the decision to vote for a Republican no matter who is nominated...they are all better than Obama. It's not about voting a straight Republican ticket, which is something I have never done. I would do it, however, if I honestly thought each Republican candidate was better than the opposition, and I see nothing wrong with that.

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The far left with a dash of racism, xenophobia, and religious fundamentalism.
...or the far left without the smug sense of superiority, and without the certain knowledge that they are among the few who know just how everybody else should be forced to think and act.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:12 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
These numbers tell me that Republicans do not want to take a chance on who wins by party and although their favorite may not get nominated they will vote for him/her rather than 3rd party or Obama. This link is very interesting and is about Republicans only being questioned. Don't get excited since no Democrats were questioned. Read the link and see how you feel.

83% of GOP Voters Intend to Vote Republican No Matter Who
As long as members of both parties continue voting for politicians based on little other than their party affiliations we will continue to be plagued with horrible leaders.

Neither party has any motivation to actually represent the wishes of their constituents as long as they remain comfortable in the belief they can be elected as a result of the letter after their name.

That 83% of GOP voters intend to vote Republican regardless of the candidate is in no way a good thing.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I'm a registered Democrat will probably be voting 3rd party. I know it's a wasted vote....but I don't like Obama, and I 100% refuse to vote for a Republican.
That sounds very much like that 83% to me, just in reverse.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I'm a registered Democrat will probably be voting 3rd party. I know it's a wasted vote....but I don't like Obama, and I 100% refuse to vote for a Republican.
See, I think this is a worse way to do things. What if you see eye-to-eye with a Republican more than the third party candidate? I'm a staunch conservative but at least I can admit I would vote for a Dem if I thought they would do the best job.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
most people dont even know who they are voting for, and just vote strictly by the letter in front of the candidate.

im proud to say i have voted for independents, democrats, and republicans and that i am not chained to a party like so many people on this forum are.

which makes me more important, since im not an automatic vote for a party. they have to convince me they deserve it.

whereas people like the op will just give his vote away to the gop.
When Obama convinces me that he deserves my vote I will vote for him because I seldom vote for the party. So far he has me convinced that a vote for him is a terrible mistake. I am like the people tropolis talked about who say they won't vote for Romney. I will not vote for him no matter what. Does that sound like my vote is automatic Republican?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
most people dont even know who they are voting for, and just vote strictly by the letter in front of the candidate.

im proud to say i have voted for independents, democrats, and republicans and that i am not chained to a party like so many people on this forum are.
I must see things differently from everyone on here. I'm not chained to a party, but I am very conservative so naturally, I will end up voting for more Republicans than anything. There's nothing wrong with that, and it doesn't mean I'm brainwashed or not thinking for myself or just voting on party lines without doing my research.

People should be voting for the people who represent their ideals better than the others. Who are you to say that a straight Republican ticket does not best represent one's ideals?

Quote:

which makes me more important, since im not an automatic vote for a party. they have to convince me they deserve it.

whereas people like the op will just give his vote away to the gop.
How do you not see how offensive you are being?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
So let me give you a scenario.

Michelle Bachmann wins the nomination, and picks Sarah Palin as her running mate.

Lets say its close to the election, unemployment has gone up, the economy is bad, but Bachmann/Palin have promised to outlaw abortions, end social security, end medicare, and cut taxes for the wealthy again.

And remember, the polls are close, within the margin of era.

There is a third party candidate, but not likely to win, like Nader.

Are you really going to vote for Nader, or are the stakes to high for a wasted vote.

This is the dilemma for many people. Some people see President Obama as so awful, instead of voting independent, they'd rather vote for a Republican they don't support.

This is the lie that the parties have told us.

Its why Republicans try to scare people about President Obama, and its one reason why people keep asking about abortion and gay marriage.
I think your scenario is very unlikely but then it seems to be something that Dems and other lefties would really like to believe could happen. I don't think my favorite candidate would react like that because she wants to win the election and I sure want her to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies