Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 12:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
can you please post the number of democrat voters who vote democratic no matter what ?
otherwise, yours is simply an ignorant rant.
What would make this ignorant, or a rant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 01:35 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,076,689 times
Yes! I am part of the '83%. I will vote for Elmer Fudd if he gets the nomination of Republicans.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:45 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
The odds are slim for Paul, especially since most states have closed primaries. The GOP core really don't like actual liberty very much but they do like extreme conservatives like Palin, I don't write her off. Uggg.
I would vote for either woman if my state had a presidential primary. They tried it only once and stopped right there. That was in 1980 which was the first time I registered as a Republican. I had refused to vote in any primary but wanted to cast a vote for one man and the crud quit before our primary, anyway.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Ok, glad you are not the Johnson County garden variety RINO.

I don't usually watch Hannity, did he have Air Claire on?
She was on talking just like last summer and getting ready to go back to the floor and vote the party line, not what she was talking there.

Hannity came on and said a few words now and then but Luntz did the show and quite well, I might say. With a group made up of half Dems and half Reps they did some downright good talking.

The best part of the whole show was when the hotel man from Las Vegas said that the way the government could help us best was to just get out of the way and allow workers and managers to run things. Only one person failed to agree with that and she was just too sad to worry about.

One very plain looking woman got her two bits in twice and each time she was talking about the government getting the hell out of the way long enough for us to recover. I think I would vote for her for Congress any day.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Agreed. They should stop putting the party vote on the ballet. A lot of people just select D or R, without really looking at each candidate. If I don't personally know about a candidate, I feel obligated to just leave that vote blank.
Did you not see in my link that those people who would vote like that were talking about voting against Obama and not just the Republican? You need to read my link to see what this thread is really about.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
great post.
So you didn't read the link, either? Those 83% were talking about voting against Obama not just voting party.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Count me in the 17%.
So you are willing to vote for Obama, no matter what? That is what you just said there.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
can you please post the number of democrat voters who vote democratic no matter what ?
otherwise, yours is simply an ignorant rant.
Read the link and maybe you will be able to understand. I would hope so, anyway.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:05 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
these numbers tell me that there are a lot of idiots.

im sorry but i hate the lackeys from each party who just select republican or democrat straight down the list and dont even research the person they are voting for.
Hm, that's funny. Every democrat I talk to says they'd never vote republican. No poll asking dems the same question. Because we all know how that would go.

It's independents that swing elections, anyway.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:09 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
I have no idea who I will vote for. I just know I won't vote for Obama and i won't vote for anyone coming from Mass or NY, no matter the party.

For as far as I can see it's looking like a ship of fools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies