Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever had an abortion?
Yes 52 18.98%
No 89 32.48%
N/A- I'm a man & will never be pregnant. 133 48.54%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 09:35 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I would have LOVED to have been able to adopt. We looked into adopting from another country but even then they don't want older parents. No, many people would be lined up to adopt right here in our country but the babies are killed before they can do that.

And don't come back with older children are waiting. They may be waiting but the government makes the rules so complicated it takes years to get the adoption to go through. They would rather return the kid to abusive parents than let them be adopted. Yes, that is the parents rights but they take too long to change and the kid lingers in foster care.
Does this fact---that there are a lot of abusive parents out there---give you a major clue that not everyone can handle parenthood or at least they can't handle parenthood at certain times in their lives? Abortion has its place in the world...or would you rather see more abused, neglected and abandoned children than we have already? If someone isn't ready to have a baby, they shouldn't be forced to have one.

Quote:
Easy enough to check it out. Check out the web site of forced or coerced abortions and see who they are. Hey, maybe you will be able to shut them down for lies. Feather in your hat and all.
For every woman who was coerced or forced to have an abortion, you can find a woman who was coerced or forced to carry a baby to term. So what's your point?

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 09-02-2011 at 10:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
My point is the same at the point the web site makes about women who don't have a choice where abortion is concerned. The unchoice. I think stats will show since abortion was legalized there are more women who are forced to abort then have the baby.
You're talking about young girls who were coerced by parents, boyfriends or husbands. I'm sorry, but the solution to that issue isn't to outlaw or restrict abortion. All the choices available to women can come with major regrets if they are doing something they wish could be different, whether it's to abort or adopt out or have a baby they can't afford to feed. If a girl isn't empowered enough to stand up for herself against the pressure she gets to abort, then is she really emotionally mature enough to become a parent? I don't think so.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:28 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Many are mature women whose boyfriends are wealthy. There is a whole spectrum across the board of who is harassed and abused if you are talking about 45% forced to abort.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:34 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Excuses , you have many.

"""WAHHHH! Save the babies but OH adoption is so harrrrrrd....wahhhwah, Can't do anything hard just whine about saving the babbbbbies....""
Better than whining about wanted to kill them. Adoption IS hard and it shouldn't be when one is choosing death over it.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Many are mature women whose boyfriends are wealthy. There is a whole spectrum across the board of who is harassed and abused if you are talking about 45% forced to abort.
I don't believe that for one second that 45% of all girls/women who get abortions are coerced into it against their will. And there is no way to even gather that kind of statistic with any real accuracy. As for the women with wealthy boyfriends, more likely they don't want to give up the gravy train and raise a child alone so they do what the guy wants rather than break up over an unwanted/wanted pregnancy.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:00 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
My point is the same at the point the web site makes about women who don't have a choice where abortion is concerned. The unchoice. I think stats will show since abortion was legalized there are more women who are forced to abort then have the baby.
You inserted this in Wayland woman's post WITHOUT indicating it was yours:""Adoption not abortion but then abortion is the ultimate child abuse.""
We weren't talking about abuse ...

You claim adoption is the answer but it's too hard for YOU!

You posted that adoption was hard....that was your whiny cop out EXCUSE....

..how hard do you think it is to be a 16-17 years old with no high school diploma, no job, no money, no support and be faced with an unwanted pregnancy?

YOU want to FORCE these girls to have the baby. That is having NO CHOICE.

YOU want to FORCE a baby into a life of sure poverty.

YOU sure seem to know what OTHERS should do...but can't seem to handle anything too hard yourself....

You seem perfectly fine with FORCING YOUR choice on others...

Old 09-03-2011, 06:36 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Is your point that mature women are 'forced' to have an abortion because their wealthy boyfriends want the child so the woman has no choice ?

Before saying that you've demeaned plenty of women, I want to be sure I understand your post.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You inserted this in Wayland woman's post WITHOUT indicating it was yours:""Adoption not abortion but then abortion is the ultimate child abuse.""
We weren't talking about abuse ...

You claim adoption is the answer but it's too hard for YOU!

You posted that adoption was hard....that was your whiny cop out EXCUSE....

..how hard do you think it is to be a 16-17 years old with no high school diploma, no job, no money, no support and be faced with an unwanted pregnancy?

YOU want to FORCE these girls to have the baby. That is having NO CHOICE.

YOU want to FORCE a baby into a life of sure poverty.

YOU sure seem to know what OTHERS should do...but can't seem to handle anything too hard yourself....

You seem perfectly fine with FORCING YOUR choice on others...
Thank you for pointing out that Janella doctored my post. That is SO against the TOS to do that!

Old 09-03-2011, 09:22 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
For whatever its worth, back in the days before abortion was legal, my ex-wife had one, at the hands of all that was available then...which was thru some "friend-of-a-friend", who "knew someone", etc.. After exchanged monies and a couple clandestine meetings later, she "spontaneously" aborted one day, but fortunately at home. Also as a result, it permanently scarred her fallopian tubes so she could never get pregnant again.

No doubt there are many, many similar stories from the "bad old days", and "outlawing" abortion will only bring all that back.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:51 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
For whatever its worth, back in the days before abortion was legal, my ex-wife had one, at the hands of all that was available then...which was thru some "friend-of-a-friend", who "knew someone", etc.. After exchanged monies and a couple clandestine meetings later, she "spontaneously" aborted one day, but fortunately at home. Also as a result, it permanently scarred her fallopian tubes so she could never get pregnant again.

No doubt there are many, many similar stories from the "bad old days", and "outlawing" abortion will only bring all that back.
Sshh! Please don't tell them the truth, this type of thing never happened don't you know. Everyone kept the babies, or gave them up for adoption, and it was just nirvana.

What a horrible story, sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies