Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 11:03 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,852,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You might benefit from removing your jingoistic blinders.
And please learn how to quote properly.
I have no jingoistic blinders. You have never read a proper Cold War history obviously.

Others posted before I concluded my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 11:05 AM

68,348 posts, read 54,477,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Terrorist strikes against the US and/or possessions occured years before the invasions. Otherwise, the U.S. was allowed to operate in Muslim countries.

You also need to read much history and international relations. You are the stupid one here.
If I'm the stupid one why is it you are the one too stupid to understand Iraq WAS NOT behind those terrorist strikes? If you really want to face the stupid one here I suggest you look in the mirror.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If I'm the stupid one why is it you are the one too stupid to understand Iraq WAS NOT behind those terrorist strikes? If you really want to face the stupid one here I suggest you look in the mirror.

That was not known at the time. I never said the war was a mistake. Only that we, The United States, are not terrorists. That is what Al-Qaeda is.

And you are the stupid one for placing what we know NOW back in the time frame of 2001 and 2002.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
That was not known at the time. I never said the war was a mistake. Only that we, The United States, are not terrorists. That is what Al-Qaeda is.

And you are the stupid one for placing what we know NOW back in the time frame of 2001 and 2002.
Well gee, I think you're pretty damn stupid thinking it's OK going to war when you DO NOT KNOW what you're going to war about and not understanding that bombing the crap out of another country when you DO NOT KNOW the reason may well be interpreted as an act of terror by many.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:12 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,339,294 times
Quote:
The "Company" privatizes.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Well gee, I think you're pretty damn stupid thinking it's OK going gto war when you DO NOT KNOW what you're going to war about and not understanding that bombing the crap out of another country when you DO NOT KNOW the reason may well be interpreted as an act of terror by many.
Again you are stupid if you believe war is clear and simple.

War was considered necessary in no small part by Hussein's own actions. The U.S. miliary, intelligence, poltical leaders, European, and UN believed it. Invasion was authorized after one year of analysis.

Basic definitions are needed here. Terror is synonymous with illegal manifestations of violence against any target. War is bound by terms of conduct against civilians and the military. The U.S. has not deliberately targeted civilians since the bombing of Japan in 1945.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Again you are stupid if you believe was is clear and simple.

War was considered necessary in no small part by Hussein's own actions. The U.S. miliary, intelligence, poltical leaders, European, and UN believed it. Invasion was authorized after one year of analysis.

Basic definitions are needed here. Terror is synonymous with illegal manifestation of violence. War is bound by terms of conduct against civilians and the military. The U.S. has not deliberately targeted civilians since the bombing of Japan in 1945.
How long would ya like to toss STUPID back and forth?

If nothing else, and there most certainly is, I think you're pretty damn stupid bringing up the UN as if its OK legitimizes anything.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:22 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,994,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
When did the Taliban become an upright, law abiding political organization, in good standing.

Afghan leader says U.S. in contact with Taliban - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110618/ts_nm/us_afghanistan_talks - broken link)
When obama decided for political reasons that the war in Afghanistan would not benefit his re-election campaign.

He needs to get out...before the 2012 election heats up....this will be an albatross around his neck...so for that reason ALONE, he has decided to appease/make peace with the Taliban.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:23 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,339,294 times
Quote:
Again you are stupid if you believe war is clear and simple.

Basic definitions are needed here. Terror is synonymous with illegal manifestations of violence against any target. War is bound by terms of conduct against civilians and the military. The U.S. has not deliberately targeted civilians since the bombing of Japan in 1945.
"Following is a list of prominent foreign individuals whose assassination (or planning for same) the United States has been involved in since the end of the Second World War.

1949 - Kim Koo, Korean opposition leader

1950s - CIA/Neo-Nazi hit list of more than 200 political figures in West
Germany to be "put out of the way" in the event of a Soviet invasion

1950s - Zhou Enlai, Prime minister of China, several attempts on his

life

1950s, 1963 - Sukarno, President of Indonesia

1951 - Kim Il Sung, Premier of North Korea

1950s (mid) - Claro M. Recto, Philippines opposition leader

1955 - Jawaharlal Nehru, Prime Minister of India

1957 - Gamal Abdul Nasser, President of Egypt

1959 - Norodom Sihanouk, leader of Cambodia

1960 - Brig. Gen. Abdul Karim Kassem, leader of Iraq

1950-70s - Jose Figueres, President of Costa Rica, two attempts on his

life

1961 - Francois "Papa Doc" Duvalier, leader of Haiti

1961 - Patrice Lumumba, Prime Minister of the Congo

1961 - Gen. Rafael Trujillo, leader of Dominican Republic

1963 - Ngo Dinh Diem, President of South Vietnam

1960s - Fidel Castro, President of Cuba, many attempts and plots on his

life

1960s - Raul Castro, high official in government of Cuba

1965 - Francisco Caamano, Dominican Republic opposition leader

1965-6 - Charles de Gaulle, President of France

1967 - Che Guevara, Cuban leader

1970-1973 - Salvador Allende, President of Chile

1970 - Gen. Rene Schneider, Commander-in-Chief of Army, Chile

1970s, 1981 - General Omar Torrijos, leader of Panama

1972 - General Manuel Noriega, Chief of Panama Intelligence

1975 - Mobutu Sese Seko, President of Zaire

1976 - Michael Manley, Prime Minister of Jamaica

1980-1986 - Moammar Qaddafi, leader of Libya, several plots and

attempts upon his life

1982 - Ayatollah Khomeini, leader of Iran

1983 - Gen. Ahmed Dlimi, Moroccan Army commander

1983 - Miguel d'Escoto, Foreign Minister of Nicaragua

1984 - The nine comandantes of the Sandinista National Directorate,

Nicaragua

1985 - Sheikh Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah, Lebanese Shiite leader

1991-2000 - Saddam Hussein, leader of Iraq

1998-2000 - Osama bin Laden, leading Islamic militant

1999-2000 - Slobodan Milosevic, President of Yugoslavia"

The Weapons Of American Terrorism

Old 06-19-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
How long would ya like to toss STUPID back and forth?

If nothing else, and there most certainly is, I think you're pretty damn stupid bringing up the UN as if its OK legitimizes anything.
I will toss it so long a you do.

UN was the lynchpin as the United States could not be considered an outlaw state so long as it had UN sanction. UN represents the community of nations and there can be no extra-legal accusations if a country has their approval. Terrorism has many forms but it is never legal. This UN approval maintains the U.S. as acting in a legal fashion which is something that terrorist non-national organizations or state sponsored terrorists can claim.

I wonder if this UN approval is what keeps now retired U.S. leaders from facing international war crimes tribunals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies