Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 04:30 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
An assault charge doesn't hinge on injury but action. Any unwanted touching or threat of touching can trigger the charge.
Agreed. If Pawlenty, Gingrich or Bachmann wanted they could file complaints for assault. It would probably do them more harm than good. It would make them seem petty and unpresidential, going after people who were staging a political protest. And the activists would get even more media time for their cause.

Quote:
Missed in all this is the ability of someone to get close enough to a declared Presdential candidate to be able to throw something.

My responses here would be the same no matter the candidate or party. Threats are a real life fact for politicians at every level.
The first two I believe were done at book signings, and Bachmann happened as she was coming off stage to do some handshaking after giving a speech. In each of those instances the candidates were getting close to the public. I'm assuming that the glitterati here were not armed with anything other than ziplock bags with glitter inside. I would guess that there was regular amounts of security and they were able to pass through fine, because they had no weapons on them, however much some posters want to reclassify glitter as some sort of WMD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 05:16 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,273,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So throwing things at people is an appropriate response? I thought that stuff ended when we got out of grade school.
Apparently not for some.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:02 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,058,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
No, i'm still concerned about the death of the United States, trust me.

But I think its funny watching gay people trying to be un-gay all of a sudden. As if this type of behavior is unexpected by a homosexual.
Ah, I see, so your entire basis of argument is on cliches and stereotypes. How enlightened.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
What has been most enlightening for me is the number of posters who excuse what amounts to an assault. Were the situation to have different players the tune would be totally different.

There's a name for that, what is it? Oh yeah, hypocrisy.
In great taste? No, probably not. Assault? You must be joking. I wish you guys were more honest about what you were really outraged about. It's certainly not glitter.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
I support civil unions. If you want your money, go get it. But leave the man/woman institution alone.
Man/woman marriage will still occur. It is not a direct threat against those types of marriages. Again, why all the dishonesty?

Old 06-20-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Gay Marriage is all about money. Some homosexual somewhere figured up that there are umpteen hundreds of benefits that gays don't get. So what do they do? Try to take down the man/woman institution in order to get it. Homosexuals can't be satisfied with civil unions. They HAVE to take down centuries worth of historical precendence....and might I add take a stab at American Christians in the meantime....just to get the moolah. It's so transparent...why must you folks play obtuse?

Just fess up. You want money. It's the American thing to do, I guess.
This is like asking why blacks weren't satisfied with riding at the back of the bus. Hey, at least they could ride the bus, right? Your logic is an epic fail and not even subtle in its contempt.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:13 PM

45,363 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
In great taste? No, probably not. Assault? You must be joking. I wish you guys were more honest about what you were really outraged about. It's certainly not glitter.

So, yet another hypocrite heard from. You also might want to check the definition of assault which has been posted a couple times. My statements stand in all three of my posts on this thread, if the players were switched you'd be on here raising hell demanding a full investigation.

You hypocrites have totally lost sight of the bigger picture due to the target being Bachman, who I only hear about here.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
these ASSAULTS by the left should go to TRAIL in court and these ASSAULTERS be put in JAIL

and btw , dont tell me its only confettie...it is DUST and glitter that can DIRECTLY effect the LUNGS...and who knows what type of biological hazzard the left might be putting in the glitter...such as smallpox or anthrax
Anthrax, huh... Really? You really believe this? Wow. It's kind of awesome how people like you can function in everyday society and still be able to pay the internet bill.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
So, yet another hypocrite heard from. You also might want to check the definition of assault which has been posted a couple times. My statements stand in all three of my posts on this thread, if the players were switched you'd be on here raising hell demanding a full investigation.

You hypocrites have totally lost sight of the bigger picture due to the target being Bachman, who I only hear about here.
No, I wouldn't be raising hell, as I am an intelligent, logical individual who is neither paranoid nor dishonest about what I believe. If this were conservatives throwing glitter onto a liberal, I would be saying the EXACT same thing. It's not an assault. I would not be outraged over it. I would probably be doing the same thing I am now, which is rolling my eyes.

The bigger issue for me is that anyone actually takes these extreme politicians seriously, whether on the left or right. Where is the g-d reason??

The reasonable position is that gays deserve equal protections and full marriage rights. Allowing them does no tangible harm to society or to the concept of marriage itself, and no one has ever been able to prove differently. We are still a nation of secular law.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:08 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
It's not about the gays, they are just today's useful idiots. It's about bringing down the Old World Order to bring in the NWO. The Gay Manifesto includes 3 main points, Desensitize, jamming, and conversion. It's all part of the demoralization of Western Civilization. Bachmann is onto them, and they will demonize her for it.
Homosexual Agenda
Thank you for exposing the conspiracy behind the gay rights movement as articulated by The Overlords of Chaos ...

It's really a sinister campaign by THE JEWS and THE MASONS to control the world!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies