Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 01:12 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Even before Ross Perot, Ron Paul was saying all of this. His platform to scream it though, wasn't very big at the time.
Ron Paul has been warning America longer than most of the Ron Paul haters have been alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 01:26 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
It was our gullibility (to believe the establishment's anti-Perot propaganda) and our stupidity (to not realize that OF COURSE "Free Trade" that gave all the advantage to other nations would destroy our economy and labor market) that doomed us to the disaster that Perot accurately predicted.
While being a part of it. Speaking of which, quite an office Perot Systems has in India. But it didn't make a giant sucking noise, like he predicted, perhaps because it was already in India?

Old 10-06-2011, 06:58 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,505 times
I have this tucked away in my collectibles. It's from my first and last involvement with a political campaign.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:04 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I supported Senator Bob Kerry in that campaign. I could not support Daddy Bush and correctly did not trust Clinton to anything more than a corrupt opportunist. I was correct in my assesment.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:05 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
Not an apology, what we owe Perot is to pull our heads out of our backsides and take back our country.
We still have a chance to do that, and a candidate that is willing to begin the process.
I am sure Perot will be voting for Ron Paul.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:40 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I recall going door to door getting petitions signed to have him added to the ballot in my state. I think had Perot not dropped out of the race he would have had a real chance. I was seriously disappointed in his failure to finish the race.
So did I.
Help please, the wine has destroyed my brain cells. When did Ross Perot have Pat Choate as VP? He must have run twice. DH really likes Pat Choate a lot. I'm sure he was a VP candidate.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:08 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Perot was grateful that America allowed him a platform to accumulate enormous wealth. He felt that he should give back to his nation.

It isn't his fault that Americans have allowed themselves to be cornholed into a two party political profit system.

He was a hero for trying to warn us. If America was to idiotic to listen that is on us not him.
Almost got his asss killed doing it, too.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:11 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
What I want to know is if CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS, NPR, & CNN news networks and their reporters of the time will apologize for ridiculing him. Will newspapers and political cartoonist acknowledge their mistake of constantly ridiculing him?
Why would they?

They were just following orders.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:20 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I voted for him, so I don't owe him an apology.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:43 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
So did I.
Help please, the wine has destroyed my brain cells. When did Ross Perot have Pat Choate as VP? He must have run twice. DH really likes Pat Choate a lot. I'm sure he was a VP candidate.
I was living in Dallas at the time and walked through the door of the Petition Committee the second day it started. I stayed all day answering phones and filling out forms for Perot supporters calling in. I was there every day. I don't recall the numbers but we had way more petitions than needed.

Choate was 96, Stockdale 92.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Almost got his asss killed doing it, too.
Yes, he did. There's a book and a movie about that major life saving effort. He is simply an honest moral human being and tough enough to deal with all the crap. Maybe I'll put that bumper sticker on my car and it will somehow create a good aura that spreads across our struggling nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies