Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 08:02 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well if they posted them on their own website, then yes.
Do you believe they are a racist organization who support the reconquistador movement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 08:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Do you believe they are a racist organization who support the reconquistador movement?
What ? Why are you deflecting. You posted that the story was bogus.
I showed you the story is right on LaRaza's website.

Now you ask if LaRaza is racist ?

That is not the topic of this thread so why are you throwing out the racist card ? Go back and read your own posts..you jumped to conclusions based on a website URL and didn't bother to see if the content was true or not.

I showed you it was true.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:11 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:

That is not the topic of this thread so why are you throwing out the racist card ? Go back and read your own posts..you jumped to conclusions based on a website URL and didn't bother to see if the content was true or not.

Good luck with that....

Old 06-20-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:

I stated that I have yet to see a reputable source for these statistics. I asked if you consider La Raza to be a reputable source. Whether or not you view them as racist or extremist would determine if you see them as reputable.

Good job of deflecting. I answered your question, doubt you will answer mine.

I see a lot of people who use them as a reputable source yet at the same time call them extremist and racist. More right wing logic.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:14 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,307,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I want to hear more Liberals chime in on the subject. Here's your challenge.

1) La Raza, a child of the Left, admits that 9 in 10 Latino children are on WIC
2) American Citizenship is not required for this handout

What's your position on this?
Recommend abortion. Stop breeding children that can't be supported.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I stated that I have yet to see a reputable source for these statistics. I asked if you consider La Raza to be a reputable source. Whether or not you view them as racist or extremist would determine if you see them as reputable.

Good job of deflecting. I answered your question, doubt you will answer mine.
So you believe La Raza is lying?
Is that your assertion?

Old 06-20-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
So you believe La Raza is lying?
Is that your assertion?
Maybe they are, maybe they are not. I don't believe stats until I see a reputable source.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
For ethnicity, 42.1 percent of participants reported as Hispanic/Latino, representing a slight increase (by almost 1 percentage point) reporting Hispanic/Latino ethnicity since 2006.
http://www.fns.usda.gov/ora/menu/pub...LES/pc2008.pdf

Old 06-20-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Quote:
For ethnicity, 42.1 percent of participants reported as Hispanic/Latino, representing a slight increase (by almost 1 percentage point) reporting Hispanic/Latino ethnicity since 2006.
42 percent is not 9 out of 10.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:19 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,238,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Did you know more white people are government assistance than any other race...
That's because there are more whites in the population--although now I believe hispanics are the majority in many cities. After all, the majority of taxes are paid by caucasians because they earn the bulk of taxed income. The statistic that is more informative is the rate of welfare use by race, not the absolute numbers.

Not easy to find this type of information, but from the Census in 1993: "About 1 in 16, or 1.7 million, White mothers of childbearing ages were WIC recipients. This compares to 1 in 10, or 600,000, Black mothers receiving WIC....One in eight, or 500,000, Hispanic mothers 15 to 44 years old were on WIC....About three-quarters of all foreign born WIC mothers were not United States citizens." http://www.census.gov/apsd/www/statbrief/sb95_29.pdf (broken link)

So 1 in 8 hispanic mothers got WIC government assistance, 1 in 10 black mothers got it, and 1 in 16 white mothers got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies