Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 11:34 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
If you're not good enough to make it in California, head to Texas!

It's just a question of dollars and cents. You can either be a pessimist, think small and stay in California. Or, you can think bigger, think big picture and head for TX.

As they say, it's nothing personal...just business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 11:38 AM

589 posts, read 376,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
It's just a question of dollars and cents. You can either be a pessimist, think small and stay in California. Or, you can think bigger, think big picture and head for TX.

As they say, it's nothing personal...just business.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:41 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Calif. Business Departures Increasing--Now Five Times Higher Than In 2009

• From Jan. 1 of this year through this morning, June 16, we have had 129 disinvestment events occur, an average of 5.4 per week.
  • For all of last year, we saw an average of 3.9 events per week.
  • Comparing this year thus far with 2009, when the total was 51 events, essentially averaging 1 per week, our rate today is more than 5 times what it was then.

A conservative estimate is that only 1 out of 5 company departures becomes public knowledge, which means California may suffer more than 1,000 disinvestment events this year.

The top five destinations are (1) Texas, (2) Arizona, (3) Colorado, (4) Nevada and Utah tied; and (5) Virginia and North Carolina tied.

Based on the legislature’s recent rejection of business-friendly legislation and Sacramento’s implementation of additional regulations, signs are that California’s hostility towards business will only worsen.

This is going to get ugly - but the legislators (and by extension the people who voted for them) are bringing this upon themselves.
A liberal paradise- gay marriages, abortion on demand, flooded with illegal immigrants, a failing educational system, and no jobs.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:58 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
No you changed from all "small business" to not very many. Maybe you should read a post before you respond to it. I see your one head slap and raise you red face
Nice way to give up. Now if you wish to continue please go find some other "small business" like the man in your article who BTW pulled up stake in 2005 (according to your article which has no bearing on the OP) and went to China. Read.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:02 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
A liberal paradise- gay marriages, abortion on demand, flooded with illegal immigrants, a failing educational system, and no jobs.
Take away the gay marriages and abortion on demand, you pretty much have Texas. You do realize this, right?

Old 06-20-2011, 12:07 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
There aren't gay marriages in Calif anyone. The bible thumpers (haters) made sure to that.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:18 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,010,730 times
True story from when I worked in California (just to give you an idea of what businesses are up against)....

I worked in a bank branch about 10 yrs ago. One of the tellers called in sick, nothing specific, just said she was sick. Around 11am, she called one of the other tellers to see if she wanted to go out to lunch. They had been so busy due to the "sick" one's absence, that she got angry and told the bank manager what happened.

The manager called HR to see if she could fire this girl or write her up or what. HR told her she couldn't do ANYTHING. Her illness may have been one that involved stress from the pressure of work. Going out to lunch may have been considered therapeutic for her.

Now, do YOU want to open a business in California???? lol

Old 06-20-2011, 12:19 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Nice way to give up. Now if you wish to continue please go find some other "small business" like the man in your article who BTW pulled up stake in 2005 (according to your article which has no bearing on the OP) and went to China. Read.
Give up? I proved you wrong.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:21 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
True story from when I worked in California (just to give you an idea of what businesses are up against)....

I worked in a bank branch about 10 yrs ago. One of the tellers called in sick, nothing specific, just said she was sick. Around 11am, she called one of the other tellers to see if she wanted to go out to lunch. They had been so busy due to the "sick" one's absence, that she got angry and told the bank manager what happened.

The manager called HR to see if she could fire this girl or write her up or what. HR told her she couldn't do ANYTHING. Her illness may have been one that involved stress from the pressure of work. Going out to lunch may have been considered therapeutic for her.

Now, do YOU want to open a business in California???? lol
If this is indeed true, one should only run a family run business or leave the state. Definitely not worth it to hire employees you don't personally know and trust.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:24 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
And then those same idiots who vote Democrat all the time complain that they are losing their jobs or their homes and then move to one of these states and pollute it with their liberal ideology, without being aware that their voting patterns are the cause of this

Thank you so very much. People are idiots, hate to say it like that but true. How can people expect anything to change, if you vote the same cracpot idiots back in office, your defeating your own purpose.

Vote the idiots out, Califoria, your too dang dumb to learn, Brown we really needed Brown in, you deserve what you get, couple years i'm out of here. But want to take my house and the beach with me. But there are very few States i would consider living in. i have been to all but 3 States, sorry but some are not even pretty as California, say what you may but we still have the best weather, and all kinds of beautiful areas.

People deserve what they get, when they are too stupid to make a change, the people i know who have lost jobs under Obama and the majority of my friends who have our Dems, guess what they will not be voting for him this time around! Out of the 14 familes who have jost jobs and have been impacted 10 are Dems, while just 4 are Repubs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies