Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 05:25 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times

Advertisements

personally I think the auto industry should have been forced to zero emmissions with the bail out. I have no issue with what CA is doing . I think the Feds should have had the kahunas to do it 2 years ago.

We have no need to keep with the fossil fuel approach to transportation we need to once and for all cut that cord. and move the nation in a direction that is good for the economy and t he environment. It will also serve to stop the drain from the middle east.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 05:29 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
Really, California should just break off and be its own island.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Well I sure hope they get all the outlets in place and beef up the grid because that is going to be one heck of a surge on the system as everyone comes home from work and "plugs in" to charge.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:31 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
How many people from California have commented in this thread.

If Texas wants to start running cars on water, its none of my business, as long as they don't take my water to do it.

California has its own power plants, and they can raise their own standards of transportation.

States rights, ain't it grand?

Old 06-20-2011, 05:32 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
unfortunately they would still have to meet california standards, and likely the paperwork needed to register a car in california that was purchased in another state will only get harder. california is cutting their own throats here.
Ahh but they wouldnt.. The legislation calls for mandates on new vehicles, but I can see a huge market where someone buys a "new" car, and then sells it to a California resident with 5 miles on it, as "used"..

Old 06-20-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
How many people from California have commented in this thread.

If Texas wants to start running cars on water, its none of my business, as long as they don't take my water to do it.

California has its own power plants, and they can raise their own standards of transportation.

States rights, ain't it grand?
CA may have their own power plant but they do not have their own grid.
Only Texas does.

So they better make sure the grid can handle it. Don't you remember all those rolling blackouts across that part of the US back in the Enron days ?

i am the weather :: interestingness by sean salmon » » NPR maps the Energy Grid (http://iamtheweather.com/2009/04/29/npr-maps-the-energy-grid/ - broken link)
http://iamtheweather.com/weather/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/npr-power-hungry-visualizing-the-us-electric-grid-2.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-20-2011, 05:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
personally I think the auto industry should have been forced to zero emmissions with the bail out. I have no issue with what CA is doing . I think the Feds should have had the kahunas to do it 2 years ago.

We have no need to keep with the fossil fuel approach to transportation we need to once and for all cut that cord. and move the nation in a direction that is good for the economy and t he environment. It will also serve to stop the drain from the middle east.
its a failed thought process...

If the consumers arent buying the vehicles, even with the incentives, then how can you punish the producers for giving the consumers what they want?

This is like saying in Hollywood California, 1 out of every 20 homes, must be sold under $50,000, and then blaming you as the realtor, for not producing the sales, even though I doubt you could find enough homes in Hollywood that could even be listed in that price range.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:39 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
pluging these elec cars into coal fired powerplants is green? the newer clean gas auto's are cleaner then coal fired elec cars. man is that stupid

Old 06-20-2011, 05:40 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
CA may have their own power plant but they do not have their own grid.
Only Texas does.

So they better make sure the grid can handle it. Don't you remember all those rolling blackouts across that part of the US back in the Enron days ?

i am the weather :: interestingness by sean salmon » » NPR maps the Energy Grid (http://iamtheweather.com/2009/04/29/npr-maps-the-energy-grid/ - broken link)
Thats true, but their grid in California is not my problem in Florida.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Thats true, but their grid in California is not my problem in Florida.
Ah..NIMBY so they can do what they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies