Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 08:53 PM

355 posts, read 209,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
People dont produce without a business paying them.. Even if you are self employed the business is paying you for producing. Do you really think people volunteer to work at Microsoft, GM, or GE, and if this payment stops, they'd continue to work?
Again, real wealth comes from production, not ownership. You seem like a smart guy, but why are you struggling with this concept?

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-21-2011 at 04:39 AM.. Reason: rude/personal attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 09:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Drink Water View Post
Again, real wealth comes from production, not ownership. You seem like a smart guy, but why are you struggling with this concept.
Because its not true. I can pay someone in India $100 to write a program for me that would generate $10,000 in wealth. I dont need to produce a dam thing to create wealth, hell I dont even need to work to create the wealth.. After the program is written I'll throw it on a server and the computers will continue to create wealth.. There is no production being created but there clearly is wealth. No different then buying a property and leasing it to a tenant. There is no need to "produce" to give me wealth. Hell, I could have section 8 tenants in the property, and they dont even have to work, and I'd still build up wealth.

People pay me to insure their stocks, that creates wealth, there again is no production taking place. I rent out hotel rooms in the hotel, it creates wealth, but again, nothing is being produced. The football team I owned, produced nothing, it was entertainment, but still it generated wealth.

Tell me what facebook produces, or are you telling me there was no wealth created by the owners?

YOU ARE CLEARLY WRONG..
Quote:
Your ignorance precedes you. True liberals are against large government and are practically anarchists.
Oooh right, it wasnt liberals who pushed through Obamacare, it was those conservatives. Now YOU are the one being laughed at..

The rest didnt even deserve a response, but it did deserve a tos.. enjoy

Old 06-20-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Because its not true. I can pay someone in India $100 to write a program for me that would generate $10,000 in wealth. I dont need to produce a dam thing to create wealth, hell I dont even need to work to create the wealth.. After the program is written I'll throw it on a server and the computers will continue to create wealth.. There is no production being created but there clearly is wealth. No different then buying a property and leasing it to a tenant. There is no need to "produce" to give me wealth. Hell, I could have section 8 tenants in the property, and they dont even have to work, and I'd still build up wealth.

People pay me to insure their stocks, that creates wealth, there again is no production taking place. I rent out hotel rooms in the hotel, it creates wealth, but again, nothing is being produced. The football team I owned, produced nothing, it was entertainment, but still it generated wealth.

Tell me what facebook produces, or are you telling me there was no wealth created by the owners?

YOU ARE CLEARLY WRONG..
Sitting on your ass while profiteering from someone's production is not creating wealth.

Quote:
Oooh right, it wasnt liberals who pushed through Obamacare, it was those conservatives. Now YOU are the one being laughed at..

The rest didnt even deserve a response, but it did deserve a tos.. enjoy
Obamacare stems from reich wing conservatives health care policy from the early 1990's.

There is nothing liberal about it. Heck, there is nothing liberal about Obama. However, you are ignorant and trapped in this false left-right paradigm.

Grow up!

Old 06-20-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Sitting on your ass while profiteering from someone's production is not creating wealth.
Donald Trump, Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, all say you are wrong.. Hell, Obama himself is "rich" and he hasnt produced a dam thing
Quote:
Obamacare stems from reich wing conservatives health care policy from the early 1990's.
FAIL once again. The plan was proposed in the early 1990's, and it was turned down by Conservatives.
Quote:
There is nothing liberal about it. Heck, there is nothing liberal about Obama. However, you are ignorant and trapped in this false left-right paradigm.
Haha, you are too funny.. Obama stimulus package complete liberalism, his bailout of GM, Chrysler, complete liberalism, the $300B in additional foodstamp aid, complete liberalism.. You can keep denying it but you also have a history of being wrong, over, and over, and over.
Quote:
Grow up!
I now found a new poster to laugh at.. Congragulations

Old 06-20-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Donald Trump, Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, all say you are wrong.. Hell, Obama himself is "rich" and he hasnt produced a dam thing
Bill Gates is the richest man in the world since he produced something. Innovation gets rewarded in our society.

Quote:
FAIL once again. The plan was proposed in the early 1990's, and it was turned down by Conservatives.
Wrong, it was proposed by Republicans in opposition of HillaryCare.

Quote:
Haha, you are too funny.. Obama stimulus package complete liberalism, his bailout of GM, Chrysler, complete liberalism, the $300B in additional foodstamp aid, complete liberalism.. You can keep denying it but you also have a history of being wrong, over, and over, and over.

I now found a new poster to laugh at.. Congragulations
The bailout was originally pushed by Bush and Co.

Listen, I don't support Obama. Obama is not a liberal. Liberals are for a small and humble government. This is why I support people like Ron Paul and Gary Johnson. It is not my fault that modern day Dems hijacked my philosophy.

Keep laughing all you want. You are making yourself out to be a fool and I grow tired of it.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Bill Gates is the richest man in the world since he produced something. Innovation gets rewarded in our society.
Bill Gates owns a business, which you just said doesnt equate to wealth.
Quote:
Again, real wealth comes from production, not ownership.
You just proved your previous statement wrong. Bill Gates got wealthy, by ownership. Thanks for sparing me the need yet again to prove you wrong.
Quote:
Wrong, it was proposed by Republicans in opposition of HillaryCare.
Wrong, it was proposed by a few Republicans, but Republicans are not all conservatives, and conversatives HATED the idea.. that why it went no where
Quote:
The bailout was originally pushed by Bush and Co.
yes I know.. I didnt support it then either, but I clearly said the stimulus, not the bailout. Are you unaware that Obama converted investment into stock ownership in these companies?
Quote:
Listen, I don't support Obama. Obama is not a liberal. Liberals are for a small and humble government. This is why I support people like Ron Paul and Gary Johnson. It is not my fault that modern day Dems hijacked my philosophy.
Um, Ron Paul is a libertarian, or even a Conservative Constitutionalist, not a liberal. I have no idea who the hell Gary Johnson is, but clearly Obama is a liberal.
Quote:
Keep laughing all you want. You are making yourself out to be a fool and I grow tired of it.
This from the poster who says liberals are for small government. It seems you need to purchase a dictionary

liberal: broad-minded: progressive politically or socially: favoring gradual reform, especially political reforms that extend democracy, distribute wealth more evenly, and protect the personal freedom of the individual

generous in quantity: large in size or amount "a liberal helping"

If you support Ron Paul, and his beliefs, then you are a libertarian, not a liberal...

Last edited by pghquest; 06-20-2011 at 09:51 PM..

Old 06-20-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Bill Gates owns a business, which you just said doesnt equate to wealth.
I said that wealth comes from production, not ownership.

Are you really going to say that Bill Gates didn't produce anything?

Quote:
Um, Ron Paul is a libertarian, not a liberal. I have no idea who the hell Gary Johnson is.
I know that you don't know who Gary Johnson is. Your ignorance knows no bounds.

Quote:
This from the poster who says liberals are for small government. It seems you need to purchase a dictionary

liberal: broad-minded: progressive politically or socially: favoring gradual reform, especially political reforms that extend democracy, distribute wealth more evenly, and protect the personal freedom of the individual

generous in quantity: large in size or amount "a liberal helping"
Your ignorance knows no bounds. The modern day liberal movement was hijacked by statists. True liberals are anti-statists and we have a rich history of being for limited government and social and economic freedom. In fact, we have to distinguish ourselves as "classical" liberals.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
I said that wealth comes from production, not ownership.

Are you really going to say that Bill Gates didn't produce anything?
Microsoft has tens of thousands of employees. Are you really going to tell me that Gates produced, and the other tens of thousands of employees he paid did nothing?
Quote:
I know that you don't know who Gary Johnson is. Your ignorance knows no bounds.
This from the poster that called Ron Paul a liberal.. You clearly dont know what the hell you are talking about..
Quote:
Your ignorance knows no bounds. The modern day liberal movement was hijacked by statists. True liberals are anti-statists and we have a rich history of being for limited government and social and economic freedom. In fact, we have to distinguish ourselves as "classical" liberals.
Whens the last time a liberal has suggested limited government? I want an example please!!! Because from my knowledge of history, modern liberalism goes back to the Whig Party in the early 1800's.. Maybe you are quite old and consider the 1800's "recent" history. But somehow I doubt it.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:06 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
I think that this is pretty interesting:

Rich Germans demand to pay more in taxes.

Cultural differences, they actually feel justified by actually paying taxes. Maybe Americans could learn something from this.
So how much more of YOUR money did you pay in taxes this year? Nothing is stopping you from paying 40, 50, 60% or more of your income to the government. How many deductions do you take on your tax returns? Do you do what you can to minimize your tax bill, or do you take 0 reductions and throw in a tip for the great service you get from the feds too?

Are you leading by example or just expecting everyone else to pay more?

Old 06-20-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Microsoft has tens of thousands of employees. Are you really going to tell me that Gates produced Windows, and the other tens of thousands of employees he paid did nothing?
No, I never said such a thing. Stop lying.

Quote:
This from the poster that called Ron Paul a liberal.. You clearly dont know what the hell you are talking about..
Ron Paul is very liberal, but he is a right leaning libertarian.

Quote:
Whens the last time a liberal has suggested limited government? I want an example please!!! Because from my knowledge of history, modern liberalism goes back to the Whig Party in the early 1800's.. Maybe you are quite old and consider the 1800's "recent" history. But somehow I doubt it.
I am suggesting it right now. Why do you oppose? Why do you think that big government and explosive debts are the answer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies