Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 08:45 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,333,858 times

Advertisements

Meh... no need to raise taxes. Just close a couple hundred military bases overseas. Other than that, you get a thumbs-up from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 08:48 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,169,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
That is what they keep telling you, we bought it. We now have buyers remorse and we are not prosecuting the war we are now only persecuting our young brave souls. They have sacrificed more than enough. It is time to make our stand within our borders. To do so we will have to supplant political correctness with common sense. How much...enough, 20%. Raise the taxes on the rich. Raise the taxes on everyone for one year. We tried the ridiculous give away party for one year so now lets everyone pay for it including the poor. Everone has some skin in the game.

If you make $50K a year you pay $5K. If you make 5 million a year you pay $500,000. That wealthy person still has a helluva lot more to spread around and looking at the contrast makes the arguement about the rich paying to be rich a ridiulous arguement.

I am a conservative to the core and can pass anyones' test in that regard. I am sick and tired of hearing the FOX programmers whine like little bit.hes about protecting their exhorbitant salaries. All the while the Bortz, Hannity, etc crowd extorts the value of hard work and self reliance. I happen to like Hannity and most of what he says. However, he sounds like a little bit.h, whining about paying more taxes. When in fact, take his one skill of gab away and the money he made with the gab and what do you have. One of us, struggling to keep it togeather.

As for the Demorats, cut their public union benifits and salaries down to the private sector level and let the work for a days pay like the rest of us. I have some more ideas if your interested.
The top 1 percent have what, 40% of the nations wealth?

Old 06-20-2011, 08:51 PM

1,027 posts, read 824,557 times
Quote:
Why does there have to be Medicare cuts? Because some little **** in the pants Repug told you that after stealing money from the frail all these years for pork barrel vote wh.re projects that is where we need to get it? NO, not just no..hell no!. Cut the department of defense 20%. Dept of Agriculture 20% Education 20%.

What kind of sickoes as a society are we when we allow college professors that could not change a freaking tire if they had to earn a quarter million per year and chancellors earn $800K per year for what??? For teaching our children to be Godless little butt lickers with a permanent mortgage for buying into useless degrees?

Entitlement spending would need SOME cuts if your serious about the deficit.

Same with Tax Increases.

The underlying costs of medical care will take decades to correct.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:54 PM

812 posts, read 594,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
The top 1 percent have what, 40% of the nations wealth?
I gave you the numbers. They came right off of a Washington Post pie chart fo the national budget and income numbers. A 10% raise gets you a good amount of money. The nay sayers, the ones in the forefront convincing you on a daily basis to leave their extravagant earnings alone would have you believe it would be meaningless. Taken alone it would be pretty meaningless. When you add it all up it brings us back from the brink.

How many of you here are among th esuper wealthy. I would bid to say none or you wouldn't likely be posting here. Yet, a good many of you will resist the raising of taxes because your not looking at the numbers at a basic levewl and your buying the strategy of the mouthp;ieces of the rich for the sake of the noble goal of capitalism.

So tell me if the capitalists are so gdamn noble how come they have over three trillion parked on the sidelines waiting for enhanced profits? WE are providing a welfare state for the rich and for the poor and we are all the rest of us piggie in the middle.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:55 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,169,415 times
Quote:
Why does there have to be Medicare cuts? Because some little **** in the pants Repug told you that after stealing money from the frail all these years for pork barrel vote wh.re projects that is where we need to get it? NO, not just no..hell no!. Cut the department of defense 20%. Dept of Agriculture 20% Education 20%.

What kind of sickoes as a society are we when we allow college professors that could not change a freaking tire if they had to earn a quarter million per year and chancellors earn $800K per year for what??? For teaching our children to be Godless little butt lickers with a permanent mortgage for buying into useless degrees?
Ummm....what? What professor earns almost a million dollars? Name 3.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:00 PM

812 posts, read 594,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
Ummm....what? What professor earns almost a million dollars? Name 3.
Don't write what you did not read. I said quarter million and $800 K fo rchancellors and you well know there are many and besides it is an illustration to prove a point that the education system has systematically slef promoted itself into excesses, extreme excesses they are not worth at the expense of literally destroying our youth with student loan mortgages greater than my generations house mortgages and for what to work as a retailer or a waiter/waitress. It is criminal what we have done at sooo many levels.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:44 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Default hmm..

You're making sense so far...

What was it 20% from DOD through shutting down overseas bases, troop withdrawal? Toss in accounting and audit you might just get us to 25% and efficient too.

Of course we should repeal the tax cuts, that's just simple math.

Where are the huge accounting firms? It's time we have a cross checking system of audit to eliminate waste is some of these departments the citizens are funding.

I'm tired of hearing about Medicare funding. We need to begin the efficiency process. We wouldn't have to change much of anything if made the system efficient.

Student loans? Start wiping them out via some sort of economic amnesty program, we'll all be amazed at the sudden rate of spending and growth in the economy - household formation would go through the roof (which is what we need to solve the housing problem, which generates 60-80K to the local economy per transaction closed).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies