Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 01:34 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,484,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
You can't even make something like this up. Only from the GOP
Really? Do you really think that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 05:55 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post

GOP lawmaker gets drunk, steals truck, wrecks it, then takes nap | The Raw Story

Mmmmm only the GOP? I remember a guy, I think his name was Ted Kennedy. I know he was a Dem. Killed a girl while driving drunk. But since he was a Dem he didn't spend a minute in jail.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:17 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:

GOP lawmaker gets drunk, steals truck, wrecks it, then takes nap | The Raw Story
And this is surprising?

Old 06-21-2011, 06:17 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
So funny how if any Republican politician does anything NO repug EVER has the courage to just say, "ya, that was stupid"....Nope , the poor uninformed repugs have to bring up something a Democrat did 50 YEARS ago, ...so stupid they can't even use an up-to-date example

Kudos to repugs who brought up Weiner, a current scandal ! Wow! Some who actually know what the news is!!!..from THIS century.

Of course, by immediately pointing out what any Democrats did in the past instead of sticking to the topic, it once again points out how they APPROVE of ANYTHING wrong Republican politicians do,,, drunkeness, murder, incest, ...they ALL appprove anything a Republican does......

It also proves they are followers and NOT leaders.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:36 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:

thank goodness no one drowned.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:41 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Mmmmm only the GOP? I remember a guy, I think his name was Ted Kennedy. I know he was a Dem. Killed a girl while driving drunk. But since he was a Dem he didn't spend a minute in jail.

Ted Kennedy should have paid dearly for what he did. He didn't get off because he was a Democrat, he got off because no one took drunk driving seriously enough back when he did it AND politicians of all kinds were given a pass on "frat boy" behavior. Not so anymore.

As for this guy, we ALL are now very well versed on how serious drunk driving is and how much danger it puts innocent drivers/pedestrians in. WE KNOW BETTER now and we know there are/should be tough punishments and fines for it. What this guy did WAS worse than any of the "sex" crimes other politicians have committed recently or in the past because the sexual offenders are just weird--they won't kill anyone.

Everyone should be ashamed of driving drunk but it's much less tolerable out of a "lawmaker."

Old 06-21-2011, 06:44 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So funny how if any Republican politician does anything NO repug EVER has the courage to just say, "ya, that was stupid"....Nope , the poor uninformed repugs have to bring up something a Democrat did 50 YEARS ago, ...so stupid they can't even use an up-to-date example

Kudos to repugs who brought up Weiner, a current scandal ! Wow! Some who actually know what the news is!!!..from THIS century.

Of course, by immediately pointing out what any Democrats did in the past instead of sticking to the topic, it once again points out how they APPROVE of ANYTHING wrong Republican politicians do,,, drunkeness, murder, incest, ...they ALL appprove anything a Republican does......

It also proves they are followers and NOT leaders.
Nope simply refuting the dopey "only GOP" statement. Perhaps you would like to join my condemnation?

Old 06-21-2011, 06:45 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
How awesome!

Another thread based on the ever so popular kids' game, "My dad can beat up your dad". Unfortunately the adults who participate in this game have downgraded it to, "My political party is only partially as horrifyingly disgusting as your political party".
Except for the small matter that the party isn't being discussed,well except by the leftist who seem to think you can tar the whole GOP by this.

But shouldn't use the same standard when discussing their party.
Logic is not the leftist's strong suit.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:47 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
false thread

the OP should understand there is a difference from a Federal Senator to a state senator

Old 06-21-2011, 06:52 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Considering that 15% of the population are alcoholics I am surprised this does not happen more often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies