Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 12:04 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times

Advertisements

People are gonna be collectin' them gruesome pics like trading cards.

Trade you a diseased lung for a rotting teeth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 12:04 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you may be a lucky person in that your doctor thinks your lungd are doing fine for being a 1.5 pack smoker for 45 years.....you wanna take a long walk up hill with a non smoker and see who lasts longer?
Not a problem. I hike circles around my non-smoking buddies while puffing on my cigarettes. I get outside all the time, while they sit indoors on their fat flabby asses. Sure, they have great lungs, but no muscle.

Quote:
as to your mental state of denial, that my friend is your addiction talking. you will never know how bad your addiction and it's junkie thinking effects your thinking until you are free from it. that along with the stink and the ball and chain you carry around with you. you smoke because you have to not because you want to. this comes from someone who smoked 2 plus packs a day for well over 20 years, so before you say I don't understand....I surely do
It is very obvious that you know absolutely nothing about smoking or tobacco or its effects, other than the government propaganda that you are being fed. More is the pity, but as P.T. Barnum once said, "there is a sucker born every minute." Apparently the government has found theirs in you.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:09 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
gee over 160 posts I missed one...in going back to find your answer I see you had no trouble repeating what you have already posted about the "lie" you think the government is telling

you may be a lucky person in that your doctor thinks your lungd are doing fine for being a 1.5 pack smoker for 45 years.....you wanna take a long walk up hill with a non smoker and see who lasts longer?

as to your mental state of denial, that my friend is your addiction talking. you will never know how bad your addiction and it's junkie thinking effects your thinking until you are free from it. that along with the stink and the ball and chain you carry around with you. you smoke because you have to not because you want to. this comes from someone who smoked 2 plus packs a day for well over 20 years, so before you say I don't understand....I surely do
I have smoked for a long time. My daughter and I used to go to a park with places to climb and trails that went up and down hills. She got WAY more tired than me..had to stop and rest much more often than me. She was about 10 or 11 years old at the time and I was a 25-year smoker (and still smoke).

Ex-smokers are the most rabid.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
get a load of this one

is there a single person in the whole country who doesn't already know that smoking can be bad for one's health?
That scar looks a lot like mine left over from my by pass surgery. I guess entering the chest for any reason leaves that scar.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:21 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Is there a reason Queen Sebelius isn't demanding graphic cancer photos on our processed food labels and extoling the dangers of artificial sweetners and GMO's? Coudn't be because Monsanto and Bayer A.G. own a part of big Pharma and thus HHS as well as FDA and EPA could it?

Big tobacco, not so much.

I hate the behavior of smoking and the choice by those who do to further risk lung cancer but this is insanity of the nannystate on steroids.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:30 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That scar looks a lot like mine left over from my by pass surgery. I guess entering the chest for any reason leaves that scar.
they must have really opened you up wide.

here's what a pack will look like now. it's definitely hard to miss:

Old 06-21-2011, 12:34 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
they must have really opened you up wide.

here's what a pack will look like now. it's definitely hard to miss:
At least this warning is both accurate and truthful. Which is more than can be said about the original OP message.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:23 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
I didn't say all people opposed to the pics are smokers. do you have objections to the government requiring labels on bottles of poison? warning people not to drink or get it in your eyes?
Is it?If you ingest a rat poison, is there a CHANCE you will become ill or is it a certainty?
Quote:
nicotine is the same thing...it is poison and they put so much crap in it (most) smokers can't even walk away when they want.
Well it is not actually a poison like that at all and people 'walk away' all the time.My wife just up and quite a few years ago,never smoked again.

Quote:
if it stops only a few thousand people from starting or attempting to quit, why would you care?
Well because it isn't the government's business whether you smoke or not,or drink or not,or skydive or not...

Old 06-21-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
We do not live in a free country.
Freedom requires personal responsibility,few want that.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
people that want to smoke will. they will make the choice to do so no matter what the warning.
So why bother with a double better warning?

Quote:
most smoke because they have to not because they want to thanks to all the addictive additives they put in.
Cite please.How is it people quit every day if smokers '' have to not because they want to thanks to all the addictive additives they put in ''

Quote:
the stronger the warning the better chance it may seep through their addicted brains and help them to try to quit
So...they have to smoke and if they want to smoke they will but a stronger warning might stop them....

That makes little sense but does sound like you care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies