Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 05:53 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
True. Haters--and most anti Obama people are haters, no matter how much they hate to admit it--are going to hate the man no matter what.

And yes, I used the word hate. It's as accurate a term as I can use based on the comments I've seen on this forum.
Oh please - open your eyes - what you see here is utter contempt for an unqualified rube. To hate some one you have to fear and respect them. The clownish obama doesn't have a chance in hell of ever rising to that level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 06:30 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
Oh please - open your eyes - what you see here is utter contempt for an unqualified rube. To hate some one you have to fear and respect them. The clownish obama doesn't have a chance in hell of ever rising to that level.
I disagree. I think you can hate someone that you don't respect. In fact, it is easier to hate someone you don't respect.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:07 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,513 times
The issue is there is a small but highly-motivated, highly vocal-contingent of anti-Obama partisans that have taken to any web forum available. In there eyes Obama can do no right, and there's nothing he can't do that they won't twist into the most negative light possible, no matter how insignificant. Just last week we saw an uproar over Michelle Obama shopping at Target. This is beyond a rational disagreement, it is a deeply emotional hatred they harbor towards him and his family.

If you were to filter out all of the blatantly anti-Obama threads, then this forum would actually appear somewhat civilized.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
The issue is there is a small but highly-motivated, highly vocal-contingent of anti-Obama partisans that have taken to any web forum available. In there eyes Obama can do no right, and there's nothing he can't do that they won't twist into the most negative light possible, no matter how insignificant. Just last week we saw an uproar over Michelle Obama shopping at Target. This is beyond a rational disagreement, it is a deeply emotional hatred they harbor towards him and his family.

If you were to filter out all of the blatantly anti-Obama threads, then this forum would actually appear somewhat civilized.

It's the vitriol for Michelle that I especially don't get. I mean, why would you go and beat up on someone's wife?

Old 10-10-2011, 07:14 PM

44 posts, read 27,570 times
Yeah, you libs were sooooo kind to Nancy Reagan, Pat Nixon, Laura Bush, Betty Ford. Why, you're shining examples of tolerance and gentility.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:20 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahawke View Post
You must be joking! The libs on this site are batshyte crazy. About the only rational voices here are from conservatives.
Prove me wrong: Mention one thing the President has done that you agree with.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Yeah, you libs were sooooo kind to Nancy Reagan, Pat Nixon, Laura Bush, Betty Ford. Why, you're shining examples of tolerance and gentility.
Hey, in my world wives and families of presidents are off limits, but let me ask you. Since you are acting all high and mighty here, then shouldn't you know better? I mean, just because one side does it, does that make it okay to do it yourself? Or does that make you just as awful as those you argue against?

Old 10-10-2011, 07:28 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Prove me wrong: Mention one thing the President has done that you agree with.
He gave the authorization for the SEALS to take out Bin Laden.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Your post is absurd.

It was only Dems who were pushing for elimination of the tax cuts for those earning over $250K per year to help pay down the budget deficit, whereas all the GOP voted in favor of the rich.

That's just one recent example.
I am surely no higher than mid-middle class and I see too much money leaving our household when the tax cuts you are so in favor of being taken away. I remember when my taxes went down those 8 or 10 years ago and am not crazy to see it happen again. One of my favorite cuts has been taken away, already, and that would be the marriage deduction.

Your example stinks, like it or not.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:35 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
You must be joking! The libs on this site are batshyte crazy. About the only rational voices here are from conservatives.
With no more posts than you have here it appears to me that you have seen through these lefties pretty quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies