Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 09:55 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Why on Earth would you smoke if you have asthma?
Do you know? (no, you don't) that the proportion of those with mental illness smoke much more than the general population?

I've quit before, and I will again. That still says nothing about the other members of my family who deal with asthma and don't smoke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 09:55 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,924,187 times
Ok. I am done. I was trying to help with the research on John Weir Perry and Stanislov Grof's work, as well as tips on EFT, CAUSE (medicating SYMPTOMS is ineffective) . . . I didn't even get into other holistic remedies . . .

I personally am discouraged that so many people have been brainwashed by TV and status quo thinking and are not into exploring a little deeper . . .

EVEN IF your relatives as far back as you know have had asthma, depression, anxiety, whatever . . . there is a reason . . . a cause . . . to just accept these conditions as genetic is misinformed and you are selling yourselves short . . . it is really sad and frustrating to me. It makes me depressed and now I have to go do EFT to get rid of the negative emotions

Old 06-21-2011, 09:57 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Do what?
Sorry.
Something interesting happened over there across the room.

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Ok. I am done. I was trying to help with the research on John Weir Perry and Stanislov Grof's work, as well as tips on EFT, CAUSE (medicating SYMPTOMS is ineffective) . . . I didn't even get into other holistic remedies . . .

I personally am discouraged that so many people have been brainwashed by TV and status quo thinking and are not into exploring a little deeper . . .

EVEN IF your relatives as far back as you know have had asthma, depression, anxiety, whatever . . . there is a reason . . . a cause . . . to just accept these conditions as genetic is misinformed and you are selling yourselves short . . . it is really sad and frustrating to me. It makes me depressed and now I have to go do EFT to get rid of the negative emotions

Yes, yes, we are sorry to see you go. I was waiting for you to deny germs cause infections, we should just will them away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Trauma can trigger a biochemical imbalance as well.
This is true and is evidenced by an increased suicide rate among the troops in the wars.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:

Go tap away!

Old 06-22-2011, 09:19 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,924,187 times
I wanted to add one more resource, even though it will most likely fall on deaf ears. In Thomas Moore's book "Care of the Soul" there is an amazing chapter on the gifts of depression.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:40 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
ADD was always here, but when I was a child in the 60's, I was told, your day dreaming, your not paying attention, your not focusing....

gee, If I would have of know, all I needed was a pill.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:23 PM

272 posts, read 484,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Depression and Anxiety are natural human emotions triggered by trauma or stress. They don't pop up out of no where.
Never had a hormone or vitamin deficiency I take it. Ever met a manic depressant? People are not born the same as everyone else. I do agree however that doctors and patients tend to abuse these terms.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:44 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Do they exist, or is it just a way drug companies can find away to get people to buy their pills?
We know that there is a neurological basis to these conditions. The question is whether or not we should be prescribing medication at the rate we do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies