Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 04:22 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,170,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
She's an activist looking for police brutality, plain and simple. She pushed the wrong cops buttons and got pinched. This lady has a history of confrontational

When you play with fire some times your gonna get burned.

This is not the first time she has been arrest interfering with a police officer in the performance of duties.

I knew something didn't smell right about this lady.

Look it up for yourself if you care as much as some of your are purporting to care about her civil liberties being trounced upon.
How was she interfering with his duties. It's illegal now for there to be onlookers. When the cops roll around everyone needs to run in the house less you suffer their wrath? When the cops come, they own the land now?

I know her deal. She's an activist. You don't care about the rights of people who don't agree with you or something? She doesn't have to like cops. She didn't do anything illegal. She can be confrontational. Hold rallies against cops. Have a website, film them.

This is America. She has the right to dislike cops. They have the right to dislike her. Not abuse their authority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 04:27 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,575 times
This cop is upset she was on her property taping everything? He needs to be fired. Her taping could help HIM if there was an act against him committed and caught on tape. But his power hungery attitude shows he just wants the badge to cover up his do anything he wants and no one can tell me different attitude. He should never be allowed to be a cop of any sort.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:36 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
I'm torn on this one because my LEO brother was almost killed by someone who took him from behind while he was affect the same type of residential vehicle stop and arrest. He ended up struggling with both of them until back up arrived and shot the assailent dead.
[skipped text]

Plenty of blame to go around on both sides of this camera. This lady wanted a confrontation and she got it. Be careful what you ask for you may get it.
i'm torn too -imho i think she was being passive aggressive and playing dumb. from the perspective of the cop, the woman's vibe is not the kind of added/secondary/outside vibe you want to be dealing with when you are in the middle of an arrest (meaning the original arrest (of the baseball cap guy))

here's the thing folks must always remember: a cop will never never never back down to you in a verbal tete a tete. NEVER. so don't even try. it's a losing battle. (someone told me cops are actually trained specifically to "never back down to a regular person". i don't know if this is true. the person who told me this isn't a cop but has lots of cops in his family. does anyone know if this is true? i can imagine it being true)

Old 06-22-2011, 04:44 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
i'm torn too -imho i think she was being passive aggressive and playing dumb. from the perspective of the cop, the woman's vibe is not the kind of added/secondary/outside vibe you want to be dealing with when you are in the middle of an arrest (meaning the original arrest (of the baseball cap guy))

here's the thing folks must always remember: a cop will never never never back down to you in a verbal tete a tete. NEVER. so don't even try. it's a losing battle. (someone told me they are actually trained to "never back down to a regular person". i don't know if this is true. the person who told me this isn't a cop but has lots of cops in his family)
I agree with this. While it might have been within her "rights" to videotape, just why was she doing so? I think she did this just to irritate the situation and maybe she thinks she'll even sue and make some money off of it. I have a different take on this. Me? I would have gone back in the house. What business was it of hers anyway? Also, whatever happened to respecting the privacy of the person being arrested? No wonder cops have changed so much with all the comments in this thread. Sort of reminds me of the 1960s and calling cops pigs. Maybe that came first before they changed into what they've now become.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Me? I would have gone back in the house. What business was it of hers anyway?
i would've gone into the house too. i think she said the baseball cap guy was her "friend", whatever that means. when she noticed the verbal exchange going around in circles, she should've told herself: y'know what, time to back down.

perhaps this is the first time she's ever dealt with a cop? me, i know better.

cop = obstinate

any way you dip the doughnut, cop = obstinate

does anyone know if they are officially trained to be obstinate

Old 06-22-2011, 04:55 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
For those defending the cops, what law "exactly" did she break that warranted her arrest? Is it against the law to stand within your own property as police make a traffic stop on a public road in front of your house? When red light and speed cameras were first put up, some claimed an invasion of privacy. Courts ruled public streets are not an invasion of privacy. Therefore, her recording them on video is perfectly legal, regardless of anything she may have said prior to her recording. A reasonable judge and jury should not only throw out the arrest, but also put the officer on suspension while he goes through a special training sessions and possibly counseling to knock that chip off his shoulder.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
A reasonable judge and jury should not only throw out the arrest, but also put the officer on suspension while he goes through a special training sessions and possibly counseling to knock that chip off his shoulder.
not if the chip is part of the official rookie training

that's why i'm asking if anyone knows.

the thing is, when he said he doesn't feel safe, she was like 'why? what do you mean?'

he's not obligated to give an explanation. he stated his reason. done. period.

why did she have to play dumb with the 'why? what do you mean?'

i detest it when people do that

Old 06-22-2011, 05:02 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
For those defending the cops, what law "exactly" did she break that warranted her arrest? Is it against the law to stand within your own property as police make a traffic stop on a public road in front of your house? When red light and speed cameras were first put up, some claimed an invasion of privacy. Courts ruled public streets are not an invasion of privacy. Therefore, her recording them on video is perfectly legal, regardless of anything she may have said prior to her recording. A reasonable judge and jury should not only throw out the arrest, but also put the officer on suspension while he goes through a special training sessions and possibly counseling to knock that chip off his shoulder.
When someone says they don't feel safe, you back off. When you are repeatedly asked to do something under these circumstances, you back off and just go back into your house. It was really none of her business and she invaded the privacy of the suspect by filming him.

I accidentally pushed a cop once and I was lucky no charges were pressed against me. When a cop tells me to do something, I listen. They may be wrong, but they have the power to arrest me so I just back off.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:03 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
I wonder what Rodney King's arresting officers would have done to the cameraman had they known he was filming the beat-down.

Those who will not be obedient and subdued must be rooted out and eliminated.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:13 PM

also, if that woman ever told someone (anyone) that she didn't feel safe because of their presence, and then that person asked for an explanation as to 'why', i guarantee she would get huffy and/or have a conniption fit!

it's for the person who doesn't feel safe to deem what feels safe or feels unsafe. it is NOT for anyone else to make that determinaton ...... once it's expressed verbally (even if it's a lame excuse and/or semi-false), it shouldn't be questioned. to me questioning someone's inner feelings of safety is borderline disrespectful. okay i sense she truly did want to know 'why' (because she started saying she has no weapons blah blah - so he's supposed to just take her word for it?) but again, he is under no obligation to give a long drawn out explanation - just as she, if she were feeling unsafe, would be under no obligation to give a long drawn out explanation to someone who she doesn't feel safe around.

hopefully she has learned from this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies