Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 10:50 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have to wonder if maybe the story from the horse's mouth might be a bit more like what happened. I am saying that I watched Wallace and Stewart. Did you? Maybe using the Fox tape on that one would be more near the truth than what Comedy Central puts out. You talk about fair and balanced and then don't use what they say is fair and balanced. I think I hear some from Stewart that I failed to hear from him on the show. Is it possible that someone is playing a comedic game here?

Yes I did watch BOTH the Faux news Sunday show as well as the un-edited version that Stewart put out.

After showing how much Faux News lies and continues to do so on a regular basis, you are attempting to say that they are more credible than a show who is showing their lies?

And the Faux tape SHOWS how not near the truth they are. Both clips show how blatant Faux News slants their news by their own "Sunday News anchor" and the factual list of the lies they've made just in the last two years.

IF you saw both versions you would know exactly what was left out and exactly why the different versions show what was really going on, w/ Chris' admission.

And yes, someone is obviously playing a comedic game. Those who are slaves to Faux News.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 10:50 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I think maybe shorebaby finally got the rule of holes message!

Look, I know it is hopelss to try to argue with, as Stewart describes, his dumb viewers.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
LOL...the polls show that FAUX NEWS...NEWS....NEWS was barely in TWO POLLS above a show on the COMEDY CHANNEL!!!

You are making a direct correlation and admitting that viewers of a so-called NEWS show are barely more "informed" than those who watch a COMEDY CHANNEL!

It doesn't get any funnier than that people.
Again, another Daily show victim as characterized by the inability to spell the simplest of words. Of course one can draw conclusions about people who watch Stewart. They don't become any smarter when they change channels to MSNBC.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:53 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Look, I know it is hopelss to try to argue with, as Stewart describes, his dumb viewers.
Cop out....

Old 06-22-2011, 10:54 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
I have to wonder if maybe the story from the horse's mouth might be a bit more like what happened. I am saying that I watched Wallace and Stewart. Did you? Maybe using the Fox tape on that one would be more near the truth than what Comedy Central puts out. You talk about fair and balanced and then don't use what they say is fair and balanced. I think I hear some from Stewart that I failed to hear from him on the show. Is it possible that someone is playing a comedic game here?
I guess the extra verbiage of what was actually recorded, provides some sort of sensory overload that makes some lose perspective of what the discussion was about. Less info makes it easier for some to "comprehend"?

Old 06-22-2011, 10:56 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Again, another Daily show victim as characterized by the inability to spell the simplest of words.<snip>
When all else fails use the personal attack approach, par for the course....

Old 06-22-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
When all else fails use the personal attack approach, par for the course....

Sadly, it's a statement of fact. The poor fellow can't spell Fox.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
I see that I wasn't the only one who watched Wallace deal with Stewart. None of these people supporting him saw the show, though.

More false assumptions and accusations on your part.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Again, another Daily show victim as characterized by the inability to spell the simplest of words. Of course one can draw conclusions about people who watch Stewart. They don't become any smarter when they change channels to MSNBC.

Another dodge and attack the messenger fallacy from those who can't defend or even argue a simple topic.

Also I see another victim of the Faux News mentality of group think and head in the sand cowering. We know that as this quoted poster is stating as fact that Faux News viewers are no smarter than those who enjoy a satirical and comedic show poking fun at those same viewers and their idolatry.

Those who watch Faux News have hit their cognitive developmental zenith. Those who attempt to use them as factual "fair and balanced" information...are on their way down.

Spell check that.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:07 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Who's got 'slannin' to do about what? Some comedy routine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies