Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 04:34 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Amazing how so many Liberals "ACLU" types are willing to apply a guilty verdict to this LEO before his has his day in court. What happened that turned all of you into fascist pigs all of a sudden.

If he is guilty of murder fine, persecute the heck out of him. If not? well you'll persecute him anyway because he is a cop.

And people wonder why LEO's are snapping under this type pf public pressure and scrutiny.
How do you know the responding officer's partner on the scene is a liberal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 04:41 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
I just got a two week suspension for calling someone what they were so I won't call you , never mind.

A man is dead from a gunshot to the head, his brains are scrambled!!!..the man was unarmed and was shot while doing nothing more than running his mouth!!..this officer has a history of problems including planting drugs and/or paraphernalia on innocent citizens.

This is from a senior police officer that was on the scene and witnessed the account, this senior officer stated that he felt threatened in no way.

If I demand that an officer doesn't execute me because I'm lippy, then yeah label me a "liberal ACLU" type. Just to correct your brazen ignorance of what fascist is let me correct you.
It's the exact viewpoint you seem to be operating from.

fascist - 5 dictionary results
a person who is dictatorial or has extreme right-wing views.
–adjective
Fascist | Define Fascist at Dictionary.com
Obviously you are woefully lack in understanding of the use of the term fascist in the context to which I used it. Its my opinion that the view point you express from the perspective of a LEO is about as likely as me being Barack Obama.

Your definition of fascist is embarrassing to say the least.

But I digress, you seem to be missing my point. It's apparent you think my post was directed at you and not the general sentiment of this LEO being guilty until proven innocent. I hope you are never arrested under that assumption and execution of sentence carried out before your day in court.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:49 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,170,476 times
Is your problem that we have opinions on this guy? We're all suppose to lack any kind of opinion on something? He'll have his day in court.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
Is your problem that we have opinions on this guy? We're all suppose to lack any kind of opinion on something? He'll have his day in court.

No but your problem seems to be that I don't agree with your lynch mob.

Don't take it personally.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:52 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Another excellent reason why public sector unions have to go.
Why, because they issue statements asking for folks to withhold judgement until an investigation can be completed? Because they protect the Constitutional rights of their members? Because they are duty bound to represent all of their members equally or at least until such a time that they are found guilty of misconduct or a crime? These are the unholy acts that require unions to be outlawed. What's next for you outlawing public defenders? Why stop there why not just do away with the 4th, 5th, 6th Amendments while we're at it.

You original intent constitutionalist never ****ing cease to amaze me!

Old 06-22-2011, 05:04 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
The post on this thread are so beyond bizarre that instead of criticizing the actions of the officer, I have to spend my time defending those working to insure the officer a fair trial, something that one would think every rational American would give a damn about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
I feel like smacking the pathetic-excuse-for-a-judge senseless.
And, I feel like to smack some folk senseless who think that insuring someone's rights under the law deserves being smacked senseless.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:36 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
More and more I am ashamed of a profession I once admired. There are plenty of caring, respectful officers and they should not be broad brushed.

Officers like this one deserves jail time and nothing less. There's no defense against his actions.

YouTube - ‪Police Brutality: Cop Shoots, Kills Unarmed Man & His Dog‬‏
Prime example why I don't like unions. The union rep added nothing to the discussion and even went against the word of another officer to defend this criminal cop.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:38 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The post on this thread are so beyond bizarre that instead of criticizing the actions of the officer, I have to spend my time defending those working to insure the officer a fair trial, something that one would think every rational American would give a damn about.

And, I feel like to smack some folk senseless who think that insuring someone's rights under the law deserves being smacked senseless.

I also give a damn about trials that are fair to the victim, which seem to be absent whenever cops are the defendants.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:54 PM

Geta rope!!!! LOL you people are mob-a-licious.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:54 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
And folks still wonder why some communities have a distinct distrust of guys in uniforms.

Probably one of the main reasons tons of crime go unreported - no one wants to bring the heat into the situation because the chances of getting maimed or killed goes up tenfold when you put a LEO in the mix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies