Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 10:01 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times

Advertisements

This is what happens when we are a generation removed from the cold war. This is NOT Communism. When they build a wall around a U.S. city (ala E. Berlin) and install machine gun implacements to keep the people IN, then you will probably be able to call it communism. Communists always want communism until they get it. Trading freedom for the good of the community never seems to work out properly as the guys at the top have total control and become ripe for abusive rule.

No, Mrs. Obama caught a nasty case of elitism (probably from her husband). She's just a "Do as I say not as I do" busybody in a position of influence and power. Bad as that is, it isn't communism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 10:03 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
Anybody else notice how mrs obama is trying to intervene in our lives so much to the point she is trying to dictate what our children eat!? You know what makes it so much funnier is that her husband smokes! Why doesnt she take care of that problem before she starts telling you and i and are children what we are allowed to eat. The govt. has no business being in our lives and that includes what we and are children eat.
Miss the 'Tailgunner' do ya?

Old 06-23-2011, 11:07 AM

218 posts, read 148,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpingRoo View Post
I might be the only one here whose immediate family lived in the Soviet Block. Want to come again with Mrs. Obama not regulating food not being communist? You know food was regulated in the Soviet Block? No? Didn't think so. It's one thing to read it, it's another to actually LIVE in a communist country.

This country is becoming more and more Marxist, and Bush is to blame as well for his infringement on our private life.
Mrs. Obama is NOT REGULATING FOOD. She's offering educational opportunities for people to learn more about how to eat a HEALTHY DIET. No one is requiring that you adhere to a healthy diet.

As for me, I like some "regulation" of food, like food inspectors, etc., to make sure that the food I'm buying won't kill me because it's contaminated. No, that's not communism either. Now, why don't you tell us what you mean when you say food being "regulated" is communist, please? Did you mean food rationing? There's no food rationing in this country as far as I know.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't need Google since I knew more about Communism than a non-existant place did back then. I suppose you think that Google is a good place but I knew too much about that belief before the originators of Google were even born.

Michelle may not be showing communism with her talk but she is hoping to be doing it soon.
Don't believe you can speak to what Michelle is or is not hoping.

Unfortunately it seems that you were pretty well brainwashed, as they say. Did nobody tell you that the cold war is over and that the Soviets lost? There aren't any powerful communist boogeymen in the closet either.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You know...there's an government organization called the Food and Drug Administration, and they've been around under Republican presidents, too. They have been dictating what ends up in your food for decades now. I bet you didn't raise much of a fuss about this when good ol "Dubya" was "pres-o-dint".

Also, on a slightly different note, I strongly suspect that you don't have a clue as to what communism actually even means.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
The tragedy of course is that most of those children are African-Americans.

Perhaps Mrs. Obama sees her role as speaking to those families first and foremost.

More power to her.
Are you kidding? I see lots and lots and lots of fat white kids out there, so, no, I wouldn't say that "most of those" are African American kids.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:15 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
Mrs. Obama is NOT REGULATING FOOD. She's offering educational opportunities for people to learn more about how to eat a HEALTHY DIET. No one is requiring that you adhere to a healthy diet.

As for me, I like some "regulation" of food, like food inspectors, etc., to make sure that the food I'm buying won't kill me because it's contaminated. No, that's not communism either. Now, why don't you tell us what you mean when you say food being "regulated" is communist, please? Did you mean food rationing? There's no food rationing in this country as far as I know.
It's tough to be rationional with people who get all of their "news" from conspiracy and survivalist blogs. They only hear what they want to hear.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
It seems you do not know what you speak about. Have you lived in a communist country? NO? Then you have no right to speak on such matters.

What's the Czarina going to do next? Limit the amount of food we eat? Two loafs of bread a week? Get real, Czarina has not right to tell me what to eat, especially with her husband's smoking problem.
She has every right as First Lady to provide public service type information about nutrition, which she does. She is NOT telling anyone what they are allowed to eat because that's an individual choice which we all make for ourselves. You guys are so over the top with the Michelle bashing and the communist thing!!! Neither the government nor the First Lady dictates to anyone what they can or cannot eat in this country. Get over yourselves. and grow up.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
It's tough to be rationional with people who get all of their "news" from conspiracy and survivalist blogs. They only hear what they want to hear.
I know. It's so annoying! Those voices in their heads must drive them nuts. Can you imagine Rush Limbaugh's , etc., voice ringing in your head all day!

Old 06-23-2011, 11:24 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
I might be the only one here whose immediate family lived in the Soviet Block. Want to come again with Mrs. Obama not regulating food not being communist? You know food was regulated in the Soviet Block? No? Didn't think so. It's one thing to read it, it's another to actually LIVE in a communist country.

This country is becoming more and more Marxist, and Bush is to blame as well for his infringement on our private life.
Thank you for chiming in with real world experience!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies