Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 07:01 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,093,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Nice try. Everyone knows which party has become the home for segregationists and white supremacists who were all against the civil rights movement. The GOP has long staked its claim as the "white majority party". Anyone with a sense of political history would know this.
Nice try, but that is also false, Majority of all the Dixiecrats remained Democrat, you can name a couple that became Republican, but the vast majority did not. So yet another one of your beliefs based out of your made up theories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 07:04 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,570,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Yes, in recent history it has been. And the democrat party has staked its claim as defender of minorities. But it is all a show, on both sides.
The Democratic party is a big tent party and that is why we are poised for greater success going into the future than Republicans. A party like the GOP that gambles its entire fate with one race in America is bound to fail. The Democratic party has all racial groups represented in large numbers. The Democratic party represents America. The Republican party represents Utah.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:04 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,877,524 times
Quote:
Nice try. Everyone knows which party has become the home for segregationists and white supremacists who were all against the civil rights movement. The GOP has long staked its claim as the "white majority party". Anyone with a sense of political history would know this.
You might as well forget about the individual racists. There are racists on both sides. In fact, there are racists in every group in the world. This would include the democrats who seem to find it so intriguing that Obama is articulate and doesn't speak with a negro dialect.

But what you're doing is following a political ideology just because you presume them to be on the side of black people. Not only are you incorrect in my opinion, but you are no less racist than a white guy who is Republican because they are the "white majority party."

Old 06-24-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
The Democratic party is a big tent party and that is why we are poised for greater success going into the future than Republicans. A party like the GOP that gambles its entire fate with one race in America is bound to fail. The Democratic party has all racial groups represented in large numbers. The Democratic party represents America. The Republican party represents Utah.
Because the democratic party is smart; they have everyone convinced that they care about you so much. The democratic party thrives on segregation and racial division.

You haven't really said anything here though except that you're smart and Utah is stupid, so make an actual point and then we can discuss it.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Nice try, but that is also false, Majority of all the Dixiecrats remained Democrat, you can name a couple that became Republican, but the vast majority did not. So yet another one of your beliefs based out of your made up theories.
Oh yeah, maybe that would explain why all the southern states where the "Dixiecrats" live have consistently voted Republican since the civil rights movement. Do you think I was born yesterday?

Old 06-24-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah, maybe that would explain why all the southern states where the "Dixiecrats" live have consistently voted Republican since the civil rights movement. Do you think I was born yesterday?
Yeah, I'm sure all the racists completely switched their political ideologies immediately after the civil rights movement.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
You might as well forget about the individual racists. There are racists on both sides. In fact, there are racists in every group in the world. This would include the democrats who seem to find it so intriguing that Obama is articulate and doesn't speak with a negro dialect.

But what you're doing is following a political ideology just because you presume them to be on the side of black people. Not only are you incorrect in my opinion, but you are no less racist than a white guy who is Republican because they are the "white majority party."
I actually agree with you on both points but to a degree. However I would add that I am not just following a political ideology because the Democrats support black people. I staunchly believe in the Democratic platform because I believe they have the right vision for America. I also like the fact that the Democratic party itself represents the diversity of America.

I guess we have found common ground to some extent. Good night and good luck!

Old 06-24-2011, 08:52 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,086,037 times
Because some whites are delusional.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:45 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,610,496 times
I am glad you modified your post from your subject line, because White people -- at least THIS white person, do not really ever think about African Americans wanting reparations. I cannot fathom what white racists think, at all. I believe they are so mired in hatreds that they don't spend any time really thinking about anything. If they did, they would know how stupid it is to hate anything.

Personally, I do feel a tremendous amount of guilt at America's racism and ignorance about the world, in general. For all our blessings, we are an uncommonly small-minded people, I am sorry to observe. With all the blessings we have flowing to us, I think we would be a bit more open handed with our gifts.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:42 AM

774 posts, read 1,168,683 times
...and I thought television was a wasteland...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies