Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 06:43 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Yes, yes, lets suck those rich police ,fire and teachers dry while the GOP walks out on raising taxes on the rich back to Clinton era levels. Makes a whole lot of sense.
Let me relate a local story as to why public sector unions don't get a lot of sympathy. A small city near me was understaffed with police officers due to a lot of retirements, instead of hiring new officers they turned parking enforcement over to meter readers instead of the police department doing this job. I'm sure you can agree the polices time would be better spent chasing criminals. By freeing up their time from parking enforcement this effectively increased staffing levels to an adequate amount and was going to save the local taxpayer some money.

The police Union sued and ending up winning, they now get an extra $1500 yearly in their pay check to not write tickets.

It gets worse, the FF union had a stipulation in their contract that they get same compensation as the PD. They too sued in court and won the $1500.

Now we have a PD getting paid to not do a job and the FF getting paid to not do a job they never did in the first place. I'm sure you can find similar stories across the country.

Last edited by thecoalman; 06-24-2011 at 06:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 06:49 AM

589 posts, read 376,559 times
Thanks to the 14 Democrats having voted for that
And Congrats to Christie obviously

Old 06-24-2011, 06:51 AM

589 posts, read 376,559 times
Quote:
Yes, yes, lets suck those rich police ,fire and teachers dry while the GOP walks out on raising taxes on the rich back to Clinton era levels. Makes a whole lot of sense.
Your class warfare is really ridiculous, you're so jealous and lazy ...You want their money ? Become rich too, but I guess it's too hard for you

Old 06-24-2011, 06:53 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,177 times
I read this on my feed reader on my phone and was very happy! One big score for NJ and Gov Christie.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:55 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
I know when someone gets angry they sometimes loose focus on the discussion. Your rant is about the FED. This post is about a state. Please take breath. Everything will come back into focus in a few minutes.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:02 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
They are hardly being sucked dry. Being expected to participate in your own healthcare and retirement is what MOST americans are doing right now.

They need to start participating in this crappy economy. They are NOT immune, no matter who they've paid off.

How about we roll taxes back to Clinton era levels, if the unions agree to contracts with the same pay from that era?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies