Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 10:16 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times

Advertisements

Why are men getting a pass? Why aren't there Welfare kings? Or Gay Welfare Princesses on Disabilities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 10:22 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,428 times
It's a sterotype. White trash encompasses all poor white/redneck types while welfare queen is designated specifically for black women on public assistance. It's a way to specifically characterize blacks needing assistance as proud to be using gov assistance. It's a very subtle way to say blacks are lazy and proud of it.

Now, on this board, the only racism is reverse racism..Of course, in the real world that's nonsense.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:27 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
It's a sterotype. White trash encompasses all poor white/redneck types while welfare queen is designated specifically for black women on public assistance. It's a way to specifically characterize blacks needing assistance as proud to be using gov assistance. It's a very subtle way to say blacks are lazy and proud of it.

Now, on this board, the only racism is reverse racism..Of course, in the real world that's nonsense.
There's no such thing as reverse racism, racism is racism period. Reverse racism is a term used by black people who insinuate that the only true form of racism is against blacks by whites which is simply untrue.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
There's no such thing as reverse racism, racism is racism period. Reverse racism is a term used by black people who insinuate that the only true form of racism is against blacks by whites which is simply untrue.
WTF?? Blacks use reverse racism? What the hell are you talking about? Reverse racism was a term created by white men once the playing field was leveled and they no longer had the immediate advantage while job seeking. To those who use the term, equality, is considered reverse racism.

I have no idea where you came up with that foolishness.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:35 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
It's a sterotype. ..........while welfare queen is designated specifically for black women on public assistance. .
oh please

my ex, her mother and her sister are all welfare queen(s) and they are not black

Old 06-24-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
WTF?? Blacks use reverse racism? What the hell are you talking about? Reverse racism was a term created by white men once the playing field was leveled and they no longer had the immediate advantage while job seeking. To those who use the term, equality, is considered reverse racism.

I have no idea where you came up with that foolishness.
I said it was a term used by blacks and I also said it wasn't real therefore simple logic would dictate that I never said blacks used "reverse racism" because according to my previous statement it would be impossible. Still with me? There is and never has been reverse racism.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh please

my ex, her mother and her sister are all welfare queen(s) and they are not black
Sorry, but the truth is the truth. You may use the term today but those who are honest know how it orginated.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I said it was a term used by blacks and I also said it wasn't real therefore simple logic would dictate that I never said blacks used "reverse racism" because according to my previous statement it would be impossible. Still with me? There is and never has been reverse racism.
I have no idea what you're talking about. Reverse racism IS NOT a term used by blacks. It's a nonsense term created by angry white men. That's it.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:44 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Sorry, but the truth is the truth. You may use the term today but those who are honest know how it orginated.
I dont know how it originated...dont care either

if you take welfare for extended time frames (not as it was intended as a 'helping hand up") like for generations then you are a "weflare queen/babie/leach"

my ex's mother has been getting welfare for many, many years...my ex was born into welfare along with her older sister..and both(all three) are STILL on welfare(my ex was only off welfare while she was with me

so dont tell me about being honest

I dont care about color,,sorry you do

Old 06-24-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I have no idea what you're talking about.
That's abundantly clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies