Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 02:59 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times

Advertisements

Yeah we know we can trust government with money right. i mean they always tell us the truth.
Ron Paul as a member of congress and within government wants to keep the goverment honest.
If more people like Paul were in congress maybe we wouldnt have a serious debit and accounting problem. We also might know where ALL the bailout money went too which was charge to the american tax payer.
Completely crazy, Completely.

i dont know how you think not auditing the gold is normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 03:08 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
i bet some of those gold bars are cladded,,uncle paul is way out there

but hay, look at all the money we waste on other things , like giving pakistan 2 bill a year.. the war in iraq, the war in afghanistan,billions in subsidies for ethanol,,

i would rather have them test the gold at a cost of 60 million,, that say give pakistan a country that hates us 2 billion a yera..

Old 06-24-2011, 03:23 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
We need a federal law requiring 24/7 video cams on the gold broadcast on the gold channel.
Surely there's an iPhone app for this..isn't there ?

Old 06-24-2011, 03:24 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,910,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Ron Paul wants the Treasury Department to count all 688,888, 9,300 tons, of gold bars, drill a hole in each one and assay the filings (I suppose to insure that someone hasn't covered some lead bars in gold leaf) at a estimated cost of $60 million. This is despite the fact that the Treasury inspectors (sworn law enforcement officers), the Office of Government Accountability and an independent auditor have been doing just that (sans the assay which destroys a portion of the bars being tested) since the 1980's! Why does Uncle Paul want to do this? Because he has read on the INTERNET that the gold is no longer there

Ron Paul wants gold at Fort Knox audited - Jun. 24, 2011

For those who still retain an ounce of sanity...

Today In Silver » Grounding the Hype: Audit the Ft. Knox Gold!
And yet, your Uncle Obama gives trillions away to banks. So what's your point?

Old 06-24-2011, 03:28 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Ron Paul wants the Treasury Department to count all 688,888, 9,300 tons, of gold bars, drill a hole in each one and assay the filings (I suppose to insure that someone hasn't covered some lead bars in gold leaf) at a estimated cost of $60 million. This is despite the fact that the Treasury inspectors (sworn law enforcement officers), the Office of Government Accountability and an independent auditor have been doing just that (sans the assay which destroys a portion of the bars being tested) since the 1980's! Why does Uncle Paul want to do this? Because he has read on the INTERNET that the gold is no longer there

Ron Paul wants gold at Fort Knox audited - Jun. 24, 2011

For those who still retain an ounce of sanity...

Today In Silver » Grounding the Hype: Audit the Ft. Knox Gold!
I have read both articles and it is a solid point that there appears to be a audit and handling of the physical gold. For good reason there are people that are skeptical and have doubts about what the gvt claims. And as you are aware you can get anybody to say and claim anything. See U S rating agencies taking a pile and slapping a AAA on it.

There is a real simplistic solution to this problem. Lets send either Jesse Ventura { who has a conspiracy theory show] or Fox news favorite leftist
Geraldo into the vaults for a physical look. This would be good educational tv with tons of viewers if advertised right. There is nothing like seeing is believing.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:30 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
I am still amazed that anybody would believe or defend these thieves that run the treasury at all. They scream about 2 billion sent to pakistan but don't raise a whimper when the treasury can't find 9 TRILLION missing according to their own solicitor general. Now 60 million to see where OUR gold is that was stolen from US back in the day is too much or basically a joke to some. Have people lost their minds?? If I came and took all the money from their bank account would they howl about money sent to Egypt? Or are they just stupid???

Old 06-24-2011, 05:56 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I am still amazed that anybody would believe or defend these thieves that run the treasury at all. They scream about 2 billion sent to pakistan but don't raise a whimper when the treasury can't find 9 TRILLION missing according to their own solicitor general. Now 60 million to see where OUR gold is that was stolen from US back in the day is too much or basically a joke to some. Have people lost their minds?? If I came and took all the money from their bank account would they howl about money sent to Egypt? Or are they just stupid???
Just stupid.

Those fake gold bars with the Ft Knox logo? Ah, just an accident.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:27 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
The guys crazy and has a rabid follwing of crazies.
He reminds me of a crazy uncle that ALWAYS has a conspiracy theory for EVERYTHING.

There are a lot of wing nuts in the world right now but he's one of the nuttiest.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
He reminds me of a crazy uncle that ALWAYS has a conspiracy theory for EVERYTHING.

There are a lot of wing nuts in the world right now but he's one of the nuttiest.
The gold has not been physically audited since the 80's and with corruption rampant in Fed Gov for quite a number of years now you still trust them ?

What happened to the "transparency" campaign promises ?
Show us the gold.
Audit the Fed.

Put to bed the fears that our government has spent way more than they are even telling us.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:41 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
That's just 6 days of war in Libya, I say go for it. Let's see what we've got, if anything. But keep the bamster's cotton picken hands off of it. ( I suppose that's another expression we can't use anymore)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies