Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 06:51 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,090,262 times

Advertisements

Funny, Issa didn't see anything wrong w/ the program when he was briefed on it in 2010.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...5eH_story.html

Quote:
Rep. Darrell Issa (Calif.), who has repeatedly called for top Justice Department officials to be held accountable for the now-defunct operation, was given highly specific information about it at an April 2010 briefing, the sources said. Members of his staff also attended the session, which Issa and two other Republican congressmen had requested.
“All of the things [Issa] has been screaming about, he was briefed on,’’ said one source familiar with the session.
Frederick R. Hill, a spokesman for the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which Issa chairs, acknowledged on Tuesday that an ATF briefing on “weapons smuggling by criminal cartels” took place in April 2010 but declined to specify what Issa or his staff were told.
Issa, along with Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa), has been pushing to learn whether senior Justice officials authorized the program. On Tuesday, Issa told Fox News that Melson should lose his job and that senior officials should be “held accountable.’’

But Issa raised no objections to the program at the April 2010 briefing, sources said. They said Issa and Reps. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) and John L. Mica (R-Fla.) had written a letter to Melson in February seeking a briefing about ATF’s efforts to combat gun- and drug-related violence along the Mexican border.

If Issa want's people held responsible, then he can add his name along w/ the other Republican's who were briefed to "lose their jobs" as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 07:02 AM

And what is even more hysterical w/ all the phony allegiance and incompetence charges and allegations flying around here by the extremists...the precursor to the ENTIRE program began w/ Project Gunrunner...which was implemented and started in 2005!

Let's see...who was in control in 2005?! Ah, yes...Republican's. And who possibly could be on the House Oversight committee in 2005? I wonder who possibly could have been on that committee when Project Gunrunner was initiated? Hmmm...

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...282005-2006.29

Why yes indeed....there he is...Capt. Foot in mouth...Rep. Issa.

Maybe Fast & Furious is just his code name for his Sodoku game on his computer.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:08 AM

27,116 posts, read 15,295,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

And look at Holder sitting there like a Cat with feathers hanging out of his mouth claiming .... "I never saw a bird ... never touched a bird ... I don't know who ate the bird".

the Surpream Court ..... the list goes on and on.

Exactly right on Holder!

I think you spelled the court's name incorrectly.

It should read; "Usurp Ream Court".

Old 06-25-2011, 07:14 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,365,792 times
A new definition of The Department of Justice:

The Department of Malfeasance

mal·fea·sance [ mal feez'nss ]
  1. misconduct: conduct by a public official that cannot be legally justified or that conflicts with the law.
  2. unlawful act: an act carried out by a public official that cannot be legally justified or that conflicts with the law

Synonyms: petty larceny, crime, offense, malfeasance, transgression, infringement, violation

With Holder in the Cat-Bird seat..........

Old 06-25-2011, 07:16 AM

232 posts, read 221,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Funny, Issa didn't see anything wrong w/ the program when he was briefed on it in 2010.

Critic of ATF gun-trafficking program raised no objection when briefed last year - The Washington Post

If Issa want's people held responsible, then he can add his name along w/ the other Republican's who were briefed to "lose their jobs" as well.
Funny. The head of the DoJ denies knowing about it, yet we're supposed to believe the guy investigating him has known the whole time. Got it.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:17 AM

15,050 posts, read 8,619,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Exactly right on Holder!

I think you spelled the court's name incorrectly.

It should read; "Usurp Ream Court".
I would say that it was intentional ... but it wasn't. And I have no excuse since I use a MAC and it automatically spell checks

Old 06-25-2011, 08:41 AM

15,050 posts, read 8,619,636 times
Quote:
And what is even more hysterical w/ all the phony allegiance and incompetence charges and allegations flying around here by the extremists...the precursor to the ENTIRE program began w/ Project Gunrunner...which was implemented and started in 2005!

Let's see...who was in control in 2005?! Ah, yes...Republican's. And who possibly could be on the House Oversight committee in 2005? I wonder who possibly could have been on that committee when Project Gunrunner was initiated? Hmmm...

House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform - SourceWatch

Why yes indeed....there he is...Capt. Foot in mouth...Rep. Issa.

Maybe Fast & Furious is just his code name for his Sodoku game on his computer.
Perhaps I haven't made myself clear. So let me do so now ... I think BOTH PARTIES are filled with criminals, and only imbeciles think that their party is honest while the other party isn't.

We're discussing current events right now, not what took place 6 years ago .... and it is the current crop of criminals who are NOW at the helm that must be stopped. OK ?

So the first order of business is to stop these traitors, and put their arses behind bars where they belong. If we can manage to restore constitutional government in this country, I would strongly encourage we go back and indict Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II, and their gaggle of criminal conspirators for their collective crimes against America too. Of course, I have no problem with going up and down both Isles of congress as well.

As appealing as it would be, we'll never be able to prosecute every single criminal that deserves it ... but we could prosecute as many of the big fish as feasible ... and that would send a message to the rest of these traitorous critters that maybe they ought to grab their passports and get the F out of Dodge, and find sanctuary ELSEWHERE.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJefferson View Post
Funny. The head of the DoJ denies knowing about it, yet we're supposed to believe the guy investigating him has known the whole time. Got it.

It is funny, 'cause when the AG's office found out about the program, then Issa was briefed...AS RANKING MEMBER...however Issa was on the Oversight Committee when the PREVIOUS administration started the program.

So for Issa to say it's an outrage and pretend to be "un-informed" of Republican malfeasance w/ their Justice program, yet turn around and proclaim outrage is indeed "funny".

Republican outrage is quite the monty python of right wing extremism.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:02 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,723,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Correction ... they want it to look like incompetence ... it's called "plausible denial". But who's going to believe that it's "plausible" that they would run a gun trafficking sting with no way to trace the gun movements, and forgetting to notify the other side of the border?

And look at Holder sitting there like a Cat with feathers hanging out of his mouth claiming .... "I never saw a bird ... never touched a bird ... I don't know who ate the bird".

How much do people need to see to realize that there isn't one post in the Obama administration that isn't occupied by enemies of America? All of them are attacking us in their positions of power. Geithner, and his financial terrorism .... Holdren and his population reduction mania ... Holder and his criminals undermining the Justice Department ... that Troll put on the Surpream Court ..... the list goes on and on.

The buck stops with buckwheat.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:13 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Quote:

Critic of ATF gun-trafficking program raised no objection when briefed last year - The Washington Post

All the more reason for Holder to go since he lied according to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies