Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 04:34 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
I would hire more bonehead...obviously you are not paying attention...
Uh Oh .. I see 'one' demerit point coming your way.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:36 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
Yip but are you hiring someone to make the stuff we use in our dayley lives?
Yep, medical devices in surgery

Old 06-24-2011, 04:39 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Sorry if this was posted here already; I thought it might be worth adding to the thread:
The Truth About The Economy In 2 Minutes | Common Dreams

Peace,
brian

Old 06-24-2011, 05:31 PM

1,019 posts, read 590,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Enough of this canard which it seems many have adopted against their own interests. Idiocy at its finest.

How about looking at the percentage of wealth paid in taxes by the rich compared to everyone else?

While the rich pay 40% of the taxes, they pay a VERY small percentage of their actual wealth while the middle class pays a very HIGH percentage of their actual wealth in taxes.

Also MOST taxes are in the form of payroll taxes... SS and Medicare deductions. In those taxes the poor and middle class pay most AND pay a much higher proportion of their income and wealth

People realize that their likely NOT going to be rich some day. Stop defending the 250K a year you are never going to earn.
Unlike your post, the post you refer to is neither a canard, not idiocy. The high income earners pay a disproportionate share of the income tax burden (and we are talking income taxes)

They earn roughly 20% of all income earned, but pay roughly 40% of all income tax paid.

At this same time as they are being thusly raped, 45% of American tax FILERS pay $0.00 or less in income taxes.

While it is true that the middle class has been shrinking as of the last decade, tax info shows that they disappeared from the middle class only to re-appear in the upper classes, so you strawman about people realizing they won't be rich doesn't apply (well to them, anyway).

Income, like so many things in economics (give learning something about that subject a try some day), is not "fixed", but very flexible and expandable. We can all go from pauper to millionaire with nobody losing a cent. All we have to do is "create" wealth through our own endeavor.

Liberals are hell-bent on controllig the pie-cutting and dividing, when they should be concerned that the pie, and our share thereof, increases in real terms. The concept of growing the pie never occurs to them (probably because they never contrubute to actual wealth-creation themselves, prefering, instead, to STEAL it from others).

Old 06-24-2011, 05:44 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
At least they pay income tax. That's better than 40% of Americans.
Actually thats now up to 51%
51% of Americans Pay No Federal Income Taxes - Derek Thompson - Business - The Atlantic

And the left is still whining over wanting more and more while paying less and less

Old 06-24-2011, 05:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually thats now up to 51%
51% of Americans Pay No Federal Income Taxes - Derek Thompson - Business - The Atlantic

And the left is still whining over wanting more and more while paying less and less
WOW..the last publicized number was 47%. That's a 4% jump in what..one year ?

We are over the tipping point I fear.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
So you want to take the vote away from Grandma?

Why not just have death panels?

Voting is an absolute fundamental right in our society. Shame on you. Talk about unAmerican...
Actually voting is not a fundamental right. The Constitution never ensures the right to vote. it says the representatvies be chosen by "the people", and it sets minimum qualifications to vote up to the state, but the right to vote is NOT in the Constitution..

Old 06-24-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
WOW..the last publicized number was 47%. That's a 4% jump in what..one year ?

We are over the tipping point I fear.
Yep, we jumped almost 10% of the population paying zero, in the couple short years Obama has been elected president.. Another 4 years, and only the top 10% will pay, and the left will still be whining about not getting enough..

Old 06-24-2011, 05:57 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually voting is not a fundamental right. The Constitution never ensures the right to vote. it says the representatvies be chosen by "the people", and it sets minimum qualifications to vote up to the state, but the right to vote is NOT in the Constitution..
Keep it up and you're gonna run out of room for 'Rep Points'!

I applaud (and rep) you for knowing the facts!

Old 06-24-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Keep it up and you're gonna run out of room for 'Rep Points'!

I applaud (and rep) you for knowing the facts!

I often ask myself how so many of these people managed to graduate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies