Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you care about the Casey Anthony trial?
Yes 16 22.86%
No 54 77.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 04:17 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times

Advertisements

I voted yes, I don't think I "care" is the right word perhaps more descriptive would be interested
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 04:20 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
I don't care at all. I see it on TV I immediately switch the channel. This is like when I was in England last year it was 24/7 about Jo Yeates.

Media viewing numbers are dropping for all the major networks (yes, not just Fox my fellow liberals) and they refuse to air true scandals like the IMF, World Bank, Goldman Sachs having their hand in every presidency, you know, unimportant crap like that. So they want to boost their viewing numbers by taking a random criminal case and making it into a celebrity case.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:30 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Hell no.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:41 PM

218 posts, read 148,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I seriously hate these "celebrated cases" as we call them in my criminal justice class. Just becomes a media circus. Plenty of people are killed every year in the US, often including little kids. Why is the media suddenly making a huge thing out of this particular case? I haven't watched a single second of the trial and I plan on keeping it that way simply because these asshats have turned it in to another program to pull in ratings.
What the media does is not the fault of the defendant. I hate these things too; however, it does reveal how little people understand about how the justice system works in this country. And that is IMPORTANT. It is also important that trials are OPEN TO THE PUBLIC and are not conducted in secret and hidden.

I hated all the media around the Scott Peterson trial, too. But it was the same as this, it revealed how little people know about how trials work, how evidence is gathered, etc., on the whole.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
The parents are whacko but the daughter is a murderer who deserves to die for killing her child.
Not much on learning the facts, are you?

Old 06-24-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I voted yes, I don't think I "care" is the right word perhaps more descriptive would be interested
I agree with you. I think the case is very interesting. There has been so much testimony and so many witnesses who contradict each other. I think this is a somewhat complicated case for the state to prove.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:51 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,906,017 times
I feel sorry for the grandparents. But how many other murders never get the publicity. A good argument for not televising trials.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:56 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
At least it knocked weiner off the MSM. ugh...not even pleasant to look at
The MSM and CNN itself is becoming trash for cash mentality, sad bcs in 2003 other than courttv I dont recall MSM having news about lindsay lohan and trash that no one cares about.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:49 AM

1 posts, read 646 times
Post Juror's Lacking Real Information

I'm interested only as far as the information allowed to the jurors. I believe any juror, in any case should have access to every piece of information about the person on trial as to their behavior, what other people think of them, and everything else available online and in newsprint. The way it goes now, they only get the bits and pieces the attorney's want them to have which I believe contribute to the enormous amount of criminals in our prisons today. How unfair to the justice of a murdered child is it to not let the jury see absolutely everything and hear absolutely everything? And how can they make a fair decision based on what indiscreet lawyers tell them. I think our justice system needs some big changes, starting with the Supreme Court who seems to have a missing morality gene.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:44 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,875 times
Since I live here, work in the legal community with these people, know the commentators, yes, I do. Judge Perry, our chief judge, is doing a great job with this trial. Now Nancy Grace, well. . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies