Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 05:21 PM

281 posts, read 256,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
"... raising a “genderless” child is a new trend among progressives who believe a child has a “right to choose” what he or she “wants to be.”

Sort of a Trend: Raise Your Kid Totally ‘Gender Neutral’ | Breaking news and opinion on The Blaze

I'm not sure how really "new" the basis of this thinking is as many experiments were tried in the 60's/70's trying to show there was no difference between boys and girls. But, of course, at that time we didn't have an Assistant Deputy Secretary for Safe and Drug Free Schools who wrote the foreward to a book called, "Que*ring Elementary Education," which advocates the promotion of gender neutrality in our public schools.

If you agree with the psychiatric community as quoted in this article that,

"To raise a child not as a boy or a girl is creating, in some sense, a freak. It sets them up for not knowing who they are,’ says Dr Eugene Beresin, a child psychiatrist at Massachusetts General Hospital."

or

"Dr Harold Koplewicz, a leading U.S. child psychiatrist, said...‘When children are born, they’re not a blank slate. We do have male brains and female brains,’ he says. ‘There’s a reason why boys do more rough and tumble play; there’s a reason why girls have better language development skills.’"

...then, we have something to be concerned about as this expanding trend starts to touch on all our children within the public school environment as seen in examples pointed out in this article as well as seen in California's mandatory Program to Deal with Gender and Sexual Orientation like the one below where children as young as five years old are taught that there are more than two genders.

Oakland school's lessons in gender diversity

"For example, some boys can act like girls; some girls can have boy body parts; and some biological boys feel like a girl inside their hearts, he said."
"It turns out that there are not just two options," he said.

Read more: Oakland school's lessons in gender diversity
It is idiotic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 05:36 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,637,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I saw this story. Love this quote from the mom:

"All I want to do is make people think a bit."

It's a boy! Couple reveal sex of their 'gender neutral' kid after five years | The Sun |News

How nice to use your child to conduct this little social experiment. What idiots.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:10 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Poor kid, parents should not experiment with their children.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:17 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
One of the absolute dumbest things I've ever heard of. So they want the kid to "decide"? Like some kind of game?

Old 01-20-2012, 06:34 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Poor kid, parents should not experiment with their children.
Actually I have to agree with you on this one. It's extreme.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:44 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,682,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
To understand that she is in fact a female. These "genderless" kids are raised to switch between the genders and it is not psychologically healthy. It's going to lead to gender identity disorder. They have female or male parts, so that is what they are. If they grow up identifying somehow more as a male but they are female, that is only going to confuse them and make for a very complicated life full of mental anguish.
That's right. Boys have boy parts and girls have girl parts. Boys and girls think different naturally and this gender neutral stuff is going to lead to a demand for mental health profressionals. How are these kids going to have a relationship and get married? They won't. They are going to be so confused they won't be able to have relationships.

My mom raised me as a girl and my brothers as boys, but I went to college and even did a few activities with my brothers. I used to play football and basketball with them, but I had desires to do girl stuff as well like put on make-up. And yes, I convinced my brother to play house with me when I was a kid, but he still had the desire to do boy things like going fishing.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:49 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redroses777 View Post
That's right. Boys have boy parts and girls have girl parts. Boys and girls think different naturally and this gender neutral stuff is going to lead to a demand for mental health profressionals. How are these kids going to have a relationship and get married? They won't. They are going to be so confused they won't be able to have relationships.

My mom raised me as a girl and my brothers as boys, but I went to college and even did a few activities with my brothers. I used to play football and basketball with them, but I had desires to do girl stuff as well like put on make-up. And yes, I convinced my brother to play house with me when I was a kid, but he still had the desire to do boy things like going fishing.
Agreed! Let kids be kids and nature will take its course. FORCING gender neutrality on a child is just as bad as forcing a little girl to play with dolls when she'd rather play with trucks. My youngest daughter never played with dolls (not even Barbies) and I didn't push them on her - her favorite toys were Hot Wheels, Tonka trucks, and a Fisher Price tool bench. One Christmas, she got a Matchbox construction site set - and played with it out in the dirt. Today, at age 20, she's definitely all female.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:21 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
See, the thing is.. it's VERY common to say that with the girls.
What if your son grows up to be very effeminate? Most people have such a hard time with it. There ARE men who are effeminate and they are straight, so this isn't a gay vs straight issue at all.
It seems that YOU have a problem with it.
I tend to like the non-macho guys, I guess you'd call them effeminate.
I call them real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
It's far more serious....it is perverted. Sick....and born from and promoted by the homosexual Agenda.
What homosexual agenda?
You're either gay or you're not.
Holy moley, it's not something you choose.

Last edited by chielgirl; 01-22-2012 at 06:29 AM..

Old 01-22-2012, 11:14 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,509,702 times
One look at the mom's website is all it takes to see what her agenda is.

"Radical feminist" and "evangelical atheist."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies