Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 03:57 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,461,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Bush is an evil Republican. Republican wars are illegal and horrible.

Obama is an entitled, noble Democrat. Democrat wars are for the good of humanity; to free the downtrodden and such.

The fact that both wars have massive amounts of petroleum as the ultimate prize is just a weird coincidence.
Yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 04:08 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,298,591 times
Context is everything. I remain outraged at the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but I haven't forgotten who got us into them. As for all these "other wars," (it seems like the number magically increases every time this smear is repeated), I will be mad if and when unbiased sources confirm that these "wars" are actually happening.

I do wish the president would put his foot down and put an end to this, but you won't hear me screaming quite the same way as you, because unlike you, I'm not trying to score political points by it. And what a shameless act you're putting on here, suddenly taking the anti-war mantle after your side got us into this mess in the first place.

If this is a serious change of heart, then put your politics aside and focus on peace activism. Otherwise, shame on your lying tongue.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:11 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,929,113 times
I love this place. I've never seen so many whacko's climb out of the woodwork as here. Hey, Las Vegas Drunk, how do you square your noble morality with your undying support of Ron Paul?

Do you agree with Ron Paul's comment "Boy, it sure burns me to have a national holiday for Martin Luther King. I voted against this outrage time and time again as a Congressman. What an infamy that Ronald Reagan approved it! We can thank him for our annual Hate Whitey Day."

Or how about this gem from Ron Paul's lips, " Polls consistently show only about 5% of blacks have sensible political opinions". Who needs wars overseas when we can have a nice race war right here at home?

Go crawl back into your bottle, LVD. Maybe you can find some pinko Republicans - I mean elephants - dancing around next.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:12 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,276,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
The fact that both wars have massive amounts of petroleum as the ultimate prize is just a weird coincidence.
If America is supposed to claim a prize I've never seen it in the past. So far the ONLY land I've seen Americans take in wars were enough property to bury their dead.

Yeah, keeping the gulf region stable regarding the flow of oil would be in our interest.
How Obama letting the Islamic Brotherhood have Egypt works for us boggles my mind.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:16 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,737,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
We all know republicans are a bunch of sadistically downright evil pro war mongering people. Over 1 million innocent Iraqis were murdered under Bush's watch. However, I thought democrats were anti-war? Peace, love and happiness, remember? You democrats who still support Obama are no better than the republicans. Go ahead and read the link I post below and watch the videos and you will see. Obama is backing this illegal war. This more than proves the democrats are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites.

P.S. If anyone brings up Dennis Kucinich, he is an exception to my post. Although I do not agree with all of his viewpoints, he has my utmost respect for trying to impeach Obama for his illegal wars. I wish Ron Paul or him won the 2008 election because what Obama is doing is atroicous.

NATO & Al-Qaeda War Crimes In Libya : Federal Jack
What I have been saying is that the democratic party has been hijacked by the progressive radicals. I knew in the 60's and 70's we would suffer when the unwashed morons came into leadership. Too many bad drugs, marxist professors and the offspring appears to have suffered genetically.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:19 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,222,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cat View Post
And what a shameless act you're putting on here, suddenly taking the anti-war mantle after your side got us into this mess in the first place.

If this is a serious change of heart, then put your politics aside and focus on peace activism. Otherwise, shame on your lying tongue.
What is my side? I have always been anti-war and am a libertarian. Since when did the libertarians get us into any wars?

Old 06-25-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I love this place. I've never seen so many whacko's climb out of the woodwork as here. Hey, Las Vegas Drunk, how do you square your noble morality with your undying support of Ron Paul?

Do you agree with Ron Paul's comment "Boy, it sure burns me to have a national holiday for Martin Luther King. I voted against this outrage time and time again as a Congressman. What an infamy that Ronald Reagan approved it! We can thank him for our annual Hate Whitey Day."

Or how about this gem from Ron Paul's lips, " Polls consistently show only about 5% of blacks have sensible political opinions". Who needs wars overseas when we can have a nice race war right here at home?

Go crawl back into your bottle, LVD. Maybe you can find some pinko Republicans - I mean elephants - dancing around next.
I am not racist whatsoever and do not agree with all of Ron Paul's viewpoints, namely being the things you mentioned and also his pro life chance. He may not be perfect, but he is way better than anyone else running in 2012.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:26 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,298,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
What is my side? I have always been anti-war and am a libertarian. Since when did the libertarians get us into any wars?
Well since you're treating a Republican problem as a Democrat problem, I would have figured you had a bias toward the former.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
What I have been saying is that the democratic party has been hijacked by the progressive radicals. I knew in the 60's and 70's we would suffer when the unwashed morons came into leadership. Too many bad drugs, marxist professors and the offspring appears to have suffered genetically.
I can agree with that.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:27 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,817,735 times
Because the vast majority of Democrats were never anti-war to begin with. They just pretended to be outraged over Bush's "illegal wars" so that a Democrat would be the next President. All that really drives them is stealing money from the productive through taxation and re-distributing it to the welfare queens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies