Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you have a problem with it?
Nah, what they do is none of my business 31 55.36%
Well yeah, it's nasty and abnormal regardless 25 44.64%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 12:30 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Adam and Eve is an allegory, as most ancient scriptures are mixed allegories, parables and literal historical accounts. One need only employ a little common sense to differentiate between them. Hint: Jonah and the freaking Whale is another example of a story that should not be taken literally.

Now, I know some people take all of that stuff as literal facts ... that's because thinking has never really been a preoccupation or a strong point with the human masses, as exemplified by this very thread.

But I suggest that it's far more likely that the story of Adam and Eve is a simple allegory for primitive people, presented to them in lieu of trying to explain concepts of genetic engineering to people that hadn't yet discovered fire ..... which has carried over through time, and taken literally by other people who, without being given the knowledge of fire, would likely not discover it on their own either.

All you have to do is think ..... if Adam was created .. and then Eve was created to keep him company ... then perhaps there were a bunch of Adams and Eves created ... which might explain Caucasians, Asians, Africans, Arabs, Persians, Mongols, and all of the other distinctly separate subspecies of humans.

Of course, none of that would occur to those who believe we all came from a mutated virus that eventually became a banana that eventually became a monkey that eventually became a human, while also leaving humans, monkeys and bananas altogether at the same time. But to them that is perfectly reasonable, while being created by someone far advanced than us in genetic engineering is complete nonsense. Forget that we rather "advanced" humans are regularly engaging in genetic engineering ourselves ... yet we have never succeeded in actually creating life from raw lifeless elements ourselves, like random occurrence managed to do by accident.

But for you Darwinists out there ... I can see the logic you employ in viewing the act of banging your own daughter as not much different than stuffing a banana in your rear end, because, after all, according to your brilliant assessment, your daughter, yourself AND the banana are all related. Hell, have a 4-way ... Dad, Daughter, a Monkey and a banana. I'm sure you'd find that terribly exciting
Thanks... I guess.

I don't really care what people do in the privacy of their own homes. As depraved as they want to be - that is their business and not mine.

I'm sure the bible stories are the main reason I quit religion. You see, too many people I knew who were religious believed in these stories. Each and every one really happened.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:50 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
How close are we talking about?

Kissing cousins?

Hmm...
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies