Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 02:13 PM

316 posts, read 559,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
This is one of the leading causes of black on black crime, Teen pregnancy, disrespect of ourselves and others. I believe the only factor more powerful then this music is the absence of responsible black fathers in the home.

What responsible adult would let their children listen to this mess??

If someone listens to Hip-Hop and then goes and done something wrong, it is because whoever raised that person did not teach them what is right and what is wrong. This whole issue is one of upbringing. For example, I was raised to always be respectful to women, and listening to Hip-Hop, which often degrades women, does not incite me to start referring to women as b****** and h***. Its unfortunate that because of the way society is, folks are always looking for the quick easy solution to their problems and something/someone to blame them on, and it just so happens that hip-hop is an easy target, so it takes much unnecessary blame.

I think its really stupid when parents say "oh, that rap crap sends bad messages" and " its not good music, and all it talks about is drugs, sex and violence". Well its funny when rock music does too, but no one says anything about that.

By the way, I don't like the mainstream hip hop the radio stations and music videos are releasing because there's really no originality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 02:22 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CountryBoy~ View Post
If someone listens to Hip-Hop and then goes and done something wrong, it is because whoever raised that person did not teach them what is right and what is wrong. This whole issue is one of upbringing. For example, I was raised to always be respectful to women, and listening to Hip-Hop, which often degrades women, does not incite me to start referring to women as b****** and h***. Its unfortunate that because of the way society is, folks are always looking for the quick easy solution to their problems and something/someone to blame them on, and it just so happens that hip-hop is an easy target, so it takes much unnecessary blame.

I think its really stupid when parents say "oh, that rap crap sends bad messages" and " its not good music, and all it talks about is drugs, sex and violence". Well its funny when rock music does too, but no one says anything about that.

By the way, I don't like the mainstream hip hop the radio stations and music videos are releasing because there's really no originality.

I said something along those lines in my post #103. For the record, I do like a lot of hip hop. The newer stuff post 2008 for the most part sucks, with the exception of more of the reggaeton like Pit Bull, Daddy Yankee ect.... The 90s stuff was the best IMO!

Old 06-30-2011, 02:33 PM

800 posts, read 780,720 times
The hip-hop/rap/urban culture that has developed is just plain awful.

I can only listen to rap music as a joke.

Funny thing is most of the people who listen to it think it is legitimate music.

Even more entertaining rap music only seems to get more and more stupid as the years go by and so do the morons that follow the culture it promotes

Old 06-30-2011, 02:36 PM

316 posts, read 559,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I said something along those lines in my post #103. For the record, I do like a lot of hip hop. The newer stuff post 2008 for the most part sucks, with the exception of more of the reggaeton like Pit Bull, Daddy Yankee ect.... The 90s stuff was the best IMO!
I listen mostly underground hip-hop because it has more substance, topics, and emotion. I definitely agree the 90's era of music was the best.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:47 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CountryBoy~ View Post
I listen mostly underground hip-hop because it has more substance, topics, and emotion. I definitely agree the 90's era of music was the best.

I mean, being a DJ (well semi-former DJ.... I still do weddings occasionally) I like the club aspect of it, because that is primarily what people in the clubs danced to up here. At this stage in the game were I to do a club again it would have to be an old school night. We did that a few years back at the last place that I worked, and dubbed it "Flashback Friday!" But it wasn't just all hip hop. It was a combo of 80s and 90s dance as well. We had a blast! I really am quite diverse when it comes to music. If I like a song, I like a song regardless of genre. Isn't that how it should be?

But back to blaming hip hop. I watched the Looney Toons growing up. If I jump off a cliff and seriously injure myself (or die) should I or my family blame the creators of the cartoon for being too violent, and that they made me do it? No! And why should I? It would be my stupidity!

Old 06-30-2011, 05:57 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I mean, being a DJ (well semi-former DJ.... I still do weddings occasionally) I like the club aspect of it, because that is primarily what people in the clubs danced to up here. At this stage in the game were I to do a club again it would have to be an old school night. We did that a few years back at the last place that I worked, and dubbed it "Flashback Friday!" But it wasn't just all hip hop. It was a combo of 80s and 90s dance as well. We had a blast! I really am quite diverse when it comes to music. If I like a song, I like a song regardless of genre. Isn't that how it should be?

But back to blaming hip hop. I watched the Looney Toons growing up. If I jump off a cliff and seriously injure myself (or die) should I or my family blame the creators of the cartoon for being too violent, and that they made me do it? No! And why should I? It would be my stupidity!
There's too many stupid ppl here in America for anybody to
"champion the Hip Hop/ Rap Life Style ", just my humble opinion.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:21 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,191,946 times
Quote:
The more you post the more you diminish yourself. Yeah I'm a racist, I can't stand black people that CHOOSE to act like ni66ers, thugs, and gangster rappers.
But to address your other non-sense first, it's totally acceptable for the topic to be listed in this forum because it is CONTROVERSIAL, get it...

Did I not on numerous occassions (reading CAN be fundamental) state that I made adult choices and stopped listening to music that encouraged and promoted the downward spiral of my community. Yeah, I did, another failure of yours that you failed to read or comprhend what I plainly posted.

Pretty stupid, but I'm statrting to expect it, that you would ASSume that I think about someone's skin color in choosing my music.

From an adult to a child, The skin color dosen't matter to me, what matters is the continious drone of someone endorsing rape, murder, drug selling, disrespect, mf's, ******es and ho's, my gat, 9mm, or uzi, stealing, and ni66erish behavior as the norm for black people.

Keep it real!!...
The skin color doesn't matter? Sure, those words you use aren't even allowed on the forum and don't pass muster in regular every day conservation. It's great that you've proven yourself as a racist and hypocrite though. Rap lyrics haven't changed over time. Your tastes and ability to learn to like new music has.

I proved that music back in the day was much the same as it was now, thus the entire premise of your original post is flawed. You're old, you don't like new music and year for the days past since things were better then. Not uncommon. It's sad that you're a racist though.

Quote:
Funny thing is most of the people who listen to it think it is legitimate music.
Yes those grammy people know nothing about music at all. You obviously know much more.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:00 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
The skin color doesn't matter? Sure, those words you use aren't even allowed on the forum and don't pass muster in regular every day conservation. It's great that you've proven yourself as a racist and hypocrite though. Rap lyrics haven't changed over time. Your tastes and ability to learn to like new music has.

I proved that music back in the day was much the same as it was now, thus the entire premise of your original post is flawed. You're old, you don't like new music and year for the days past since things were better then. Not uncommon. It's sad that you're a racist though.

Yes those grammy people know nothing about music at all. You obviously know much more.

Your inability to use the limited brain cells you have is most amazing!!!

Quote:
Yes those Grammy people know nothing about music at all. Yo
u obviously know much more.
So because some folk on the committee that awards Grammys endorse some b.s., you're dumb enough to jump over the cliff with them??!!..

The Grammys don't make my musical choices, I do. That's a common character trait in intelligent beings, we learn to stop following the crowd!!

Quote:
Rap lyrics haven't changed over time. Your tastes and ability to learn to like new music has.
Yet another idiotic statement, are you attempting a record???

Rap lyrics have changed drastically over time, I won't even indulge a statement so infantile.

Quote:
I proved that music back in the day was much the same as it was now, thus the entire premise of your original post is flawed.
Proof positive that you can't read!!!..I've posted cite after cite on the power of music and lyrics and I also stated that without a responsible mature male in the house to provide a level of balance and reality, then too many kids are interpreting this music as reality.

Why do you post when it's obvious that you can't properly read??

When you want to cry about a flawed premise go to the listed articles and disprove science, stop giving nothing but your immature perspective as anecdotal evidence.

Quote:
It's sad that you're a racist though.
As I stated before, yeah I'm a racist and I do despise any black person that CHOOSES to act like a thug, ni66er, or gangster rapper!!

Which one are you??

Whenever I see one of those ilk slinking by, I point then out to my children and remind them that out forefathers did not lose their lives for these pathetic individuals and that they will never have an excuse to behave or carry themselves in that manner.

If that makes me a racist then Hee Hell Haw!!!

Old 07-05-2011, 03:40 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,514,622 times
don't let idiots like Wayne deter you from real hip-hop.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:43 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
I remember just like it was "yesterday" when my mother pulled me
on the carpet, about my favorite group at the time " SLY AND THE
FAMILY STONE" she was saying that SLY got high on DRUGS and
I stood there "In Full Denial" so i'm sure that this generation can
very well do the same , so stand up for your Hip Hop/Rap Artists
and say that it's nothing wrong with their's lifestyles and the Sub-
ject Matter in their's music or street poetry put to a funky beat it's ,
just rap so lighen up , so they say so you say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies