Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 07:32 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,448,592 times

Advertisements

Scoreboard: 1 for the People and Freedom ; 0 for Corporatist/Global control

Great article at DRUDGE REPORT 2011® linked to from N.Y. Times with Google admitting the big campaign to computerize everyone's medical records has not gone as well as they'd thought. Boo Hoo for Google (a.k.a. front for the CIA).

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/25/te...r=yahoofinance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 08:32 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,313,154 times
Good!

Old 06-25-2011, 08:35 PM

Actually I meant score 1 for our privacy rights that in that one area they haven't been able to plow through.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:38 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,744,174 times
As a healthcare professional, it is a shame. The reality is electronic medical records will be a reality. The longer it is delayed the more money will be wasted and the more medical errors will occur.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:42 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,652,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
As a healthcare professional, it is a shame. The reality is electronic medical records will be a reality. The longer it is delayed the more money will be wasted and the more medical errors will occur.
Computers don't lie, but paper forms do?

Old 06-25-2011, 08:44 PM

We need paper ballots.

Diebold is a criminally-minded computer.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Scoreboard: 1 for the People and Freedom ; 0 for Corporatist/Global control

Great article at DRUDGE REPORT 2011® linked to from N.Y. Times with Google admitting the big campaign to computerize everyone's medical records has not gone as well as they'd thought. Boo Hoo for Google (a.k.a. front for the CIA).

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/25/te...r=yahoofinance
This is very disappointing to me.

I was in love with Googirl.

I guess I just didn't know her well enough.

It's all over now.

http://www.scroogle.org/gifs/googirl3.jpg

Old 06-25-2011, 09:08 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,744,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Computers don't lie, but paper forms do?
Huh? I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. But the reality is it is very hard to read medical records because handwriting is so poor. Additional it is very hard to share handwritten medical records with more than one professional at a time. Ther are hundreds of reasons electronic medical records ar superior to handwritten medical records.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Oh PLEASE. I think there is more of a problem of lack of honest disclosure of medical errors in the medical community.

Also if the prices of services wasn't such a mystery and there was actual competition allowed you'd see the prices drop in an instant.

Forcing people to give up their privacy and have their detailed medical history accessible to everyone on the internet is NOT WORTH the few pennies it might save a hundred years from now AFTER the HUGE expenditure of getting everything transcribed might be completed. To me it is a pretty POOR use of taxpayer dollars.

I'll tell you how we'd REALLY save money and how we REALLY should "reform" so called "health-care"( which we all know is disease care and nobody gets any healthier but rather they are put on Rx for the rest of their lives). We should not pay the doctor or hospital until we are FULLY HEALED and have our ROBUST HEALTH BACK with no need for prescriptions.

If the medical establishment cared about patients rather than making a killing off of patients, they'd be in favor of this proposal. At various times parts of Asia paid the medical profession this way.

After all, in every OTHER buying situation you don't pay unless you get the product or service you want or the results you expect. Why should medical doctors not have to provide what every other profession provides?

Paying hundreds of dollars for a diagnosis of high blood pressure only to be put on meds for the rest of my life is not a good value! If the doctor cared he could refer me to a Naturopath who could probably figure out the underlying cause, have me change my diet and take some natural medicines and in a few months, the high blood pressure would be gone...but the doctors don't even care...it is all about the money.

Putting people's health histories on the internet certainly isn't going to help anyone get healthier.

Last edited by emilybh; 06-25-2011 at 10:27 PM..

Old 06-25-2011, 10:14 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,652,695 times
Quote:
Huh? I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. But the reality is it is very hard to read medical records because handwriting is so poor. Additional it is very hard to share handwritten medical records with more than one professional at a time. Ther are hundreds of reasons electronic medical records ar superior to handwritten medical records.
What I meant was that I got the impression you thought electronic forms were superior to paper forms simply because they were electronic.

People still scribble on forms? It's been all printed for me for the past several years.

Electronic = bad idea. That's killing privacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies