Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 05:31 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
What is frustrating is we are politically correcting ourselves into a police state. The Obama administration knows who the enemy is, but instead of profiling the most logical candidates flying (and kowtowing to CAIR), they pick on 95 yr old women and feel up young children.

My liberal wife is boycotting all airlines this year and letting them all know. Wouldn't it be cool if everyone didn't fly for a week?

I am not boycotting the airlines for 1 year, I just wont fly them at all.
I used to fly airlines all the time before the tsa came along, now I wont fly them at all. if more people did what I am doing, then the airlines would take care of the tsa for us, as it would be hitting them in the pocketbook, and until that happens, they will not give a damn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 07:02 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Why is it overboard and irrational? A terrorist could take an elderly person who is baby sitting for her/his grandchild hostage and say, "we'll kill your grandchild if you don't wear this diaper and get on the plane." Terrorists will use any loophole in their random searches that the TSA allowed. That's not to say it should be done without giving the person in a diaper a degree of privacy in a private cubical and not do it standing in line for everyone to watch.
Oh PLEASE that has about as much chance of happening in this country as Santa Claus arriving on the 4th of July to arrest all those Banksters and Corporatists that have been stealing from us. Which is about the same chances of the TSA stepping forward and admitting that naked body scanners, it turns out, have been in a handful of airports for years and the TSA workers in those airports have an extremely high incidence of cancer.

It is painfully obvious to most people that the naked body scanners and the genital gropings in airports has NOTHING to do with protecting Americans. This has been proven over and over by virtue of a few who were able to get away with packing a gun on their carry-on bag and have it fly through the so called "stringent" security of the TSA. HA WHAT A JOKE the TSA is! Even when TSA staff was tested to see if they could find

Old 06-28-2011, 07:07 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
Why is it overboard and irrational? A terrorist could take an elderly person who is baby sitting for her/his grandchild hostage and say, "we'll kill your grandchild if you don't wear this diaper and get on the plane." Terrorists will use any loophole in their random searches that the TSA allowed. That's not to say it should be done without giving the person in a diaper a degree of privacy in a private cubical and not do it standing in line for everyone to watch.
LOL, and a car could drive into our living room tonight.

Why are you afraid of your own shadow?

Old 06-28-2011, 07:46 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
Don't you understand there are hundreds, maybe thousands, MAYBE MILLIONS of ways for the terrorists to attack us? Why must we put ALL of this crazy focus on JUST the airports? Oh, they attacked us one time that way? Yeah it sucked, but we have to move the F on.

it's called "Let's all start being aware of our surroundings". Being aware and reporting --and occasionally stereotyping, sadly --- may be the only TRUE way for all of us to watch each other... rather than having the government do the **** poor job it's currently doing.

You know what, you make a very good point. They probably want us to imagine again, when we get attacked it will be by plane. How much you want to bet, it is not going to be by plane, i doubt seriously again it will be by plane. They will find another means, another time, another way. We just have to have our guard on, but at the same time, live our lives without fear, to give in to the fear, is giving in to the enemy, and we must not let that happen. Just be aware. I have always been a person who is aware of my surroundings no matter where i am, even before 9/11 that is just who i am, being aware of your surroundings and who are around you is not a bad thing.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:50 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I'm saying there should be no TSA and security should be the business of the airlines.
yep.
Quote:
So you're saying that the TSA should not care if they find hard lumps in someone's underpants or diaper? Just assume it's poop and pass them through?
So what's next, all infants will have to have their diapers removed before flying too? Oh wait, their turds are soft, not hard lumps, right?

Old 06-28-2011, 07:55 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,859 times
Quote:
There are ways to check for explosives without a strip-search.

I find it beyond ridiculous that our nation insists on treating native-born Americans, including our own military and police when traveling off-duty, in the EXACT same manner as someone just off the boat from Saudi Arabia or some other terrorist hot-bed.

It's an incredible waste of money not to focus the most attention on those who are, by far, most likely to be terrorists. And since we're already far past broke and now facing bankruptcy, it's time we started working smarter rather than jut PC liberal.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the entire TSA has to be gotten rid of. the liberties of the people are more important that the safety of a few. the TSA is just as bad as the batf and they are both groups of jackbooted thugs.

You know in Austin Texas a few weeks ago there was a bill that would have banned genital gropings by the TSA in the state of TX that sailed through the House of Representatives and then John Pistole said he would have flights stopped in Texas if they passed it .

Of Course Alex Jones, national radio talk host who is based in Austin, found out about it and on in spur the moment with about two hours lead time got about 200 people to storm the Capitol Bldg to insist the bill be passed in the Senate since it was so popular in the House.

Yesterday having given listeners to the show more than 24 hours notice a HUGE crowd showed up to insist the bill get passed (and if not they were going to hold up unrelated bills and force the legislators to work after there session was supposed to be in recess.

It turns out what happened was that the Senate passed a bill but they basically rewrote it so that it doesn't ban anything the TSA does but instead gives them "permission" to do whatever they want. It was BEYOND deceitful.

Evidently Governor Rick Perry is FAMOUS for introducing well meaning, well sounding bills and then when they are about to pass after he gets credit for introducing them, he kills the bill. Rick Perry brings being for something before being against it to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL except he goes from the side he should be on to the side he should NOT be on!

Anyway. The crowd DEFINITELY gave those legislators a scare and rightfully so!

Here are a couple of the clips. In one of them they are on the floor with legislators looking down from balconies in the rotunda. Enjoy!

YouTube - ‪Alex Jones and Crowd Storm State Capital.... "Again" ... Over Anti TSA Groping Bill‬‏

YouTube - ‪Alex Jones Austin, TX TSA Anti-groping bill 06/27/11‬‏

In this third link a House member tries to explain and give excuses for why they caved in to the TSA.

YouTube - ‪Rep. Debbie Riddle speaks of the TSA Anti-groping bill‬‏

This was a media interview with Alex at the Capitol building yesterday

YouTube - ‪Alex Jones at Texas Capitol Again (8) STOP TSA TYRANNY!!!!! - 6/27/11‬‏

This was a FOX news report of the first time they went down to protest when Alex found out the Senate was going to kill the original bill that passed in the Senate after a threat from the FEDs. : (

YouTube - ‪Alex Jones & Fellow Texans Take to Capitol, Demand Representatives Resist TSA‬‏

Old 06-28-2011, 10:36 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
My hubby just got back from France and he had no problem and didn't even go through the X-ray or pat down. Just why do they decide to hassle an elderly woman in the last stages of Leukemia.

It seems TSA want to lose their jobs. Maybe they should be investigated for terrorists in their group. They are getting ridiculous, maybe for a reason?

Old 06-28-2011, 11:30 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,455,089 times
chariega and wayland woman, you two are obviously not familiar with the concept known as "security theater," except in the sense that it helps you sleep all warm and fuzzy at night.

security protocols like tsa are nothing but charades meant to quiet the obnoxiously loud and paranoid minority. they have not done anything to increase our awareness of and protection from terrorist activities, despite millions upon millions of dollars wasted, despite completely alienating and disempowering the very people that they are supposedly defending.

as a former marine corps infantryman, i have undergone a decent amount of security training and experience, and i can tell you that what tsa does it its checkpoints is not at all related to real measures to keep americans safe.

but we can rest easy knowing that while our privacy and dignity as humans are being violated, some handful of senators somewhere are getting a hefty under-the-table paycheck from the corporate kings that make money off of this security theater.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
My hubby just got back from France and he had no problem and didn't even go through the X-ray or pat down. Just why do they decide to hassle an elderly woman in the last stages of Leukemia.

It seems TSA want to lose their jobs. Maybe they should be investigated for terrorists in their group. They are getting ridiculous, maybe for a reason?
The reason is control and intimidation. They want to control us and the TSA workers themselves don't seem to mind or be aware of the dangers of standing around those naked body scanners for hours on end while passengers get nuked and they also are exposed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies