Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 02:17 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times

Advertisements

8 pieces of sub human trash / 16 rounds plus one in the chamber = somebody's getting a 3rd shot.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:29 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
All local news sites. What about national news like CNN, MSBNC, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC? Will the mainstream media jump on this racially-motivated attack or will they ignore it because the perps were black and the victim white?

Old 06-26-2011, 02:42 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
I'm waiting for the first white person to make a stupid reply that somehow black people are going to come to the defense of the criminals who committed this act because they are black. I'm just waiting for someone to be that foolish.

Just because a black person commits a crime dosen't mean the entire black community is going to suppport or condone their behavior!!!
Well, maybe Al and Jesse ain't seen the news yet.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:44 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
The subtle racism of the OP disturbs me. Gangs are often made up of members of the same ethnic background and don’t care if they happen to target a victim who is the same race as theirs, never mind someone who is the wrong color or who comes from the wrong neighborhood. The gang phenomenon is about much more than race – it’s about drug trafficking, turf, and any other criminal activity from which the gang can profit.

Papers in the US will report gang related crimes if they happen locally, but if every gang crime that occurred was reported in the local paper, the entire front section of the paper would be filled with gang atrocities. The FBI estimates that there are at least 20,000 gangs in the US and that they are responsible for anywhere from 60% to 80% of all crimes. Brutal though the Atlanta attack was, it was an occurrence that happens everyday in every major (and not so major) American city.

The first black gangs in L.A.developed in the second half of the 1940s and 1950s in defense from white teenage gangs determined to attack and harass black youth.

Volksfront, a white supremacist organization, was founded in 1994 by Randal Lee Krager and Richard Arden in the Oregon State Penitentiary. Leaders of the gang claim that the organization was formed for the advancement of the independent white working class. The VF’s goal is to raise awareness of social injustices brought against the Aryan race. Even though leaders of the gang claim to reject hate related violence, their actions prove differently. On March 23, 2003, several members of the Volksfront gang brutally beat and murdered 46 year old Randy Townsend, a black homeless man in Tacoma, Washington.

Other white supremacy gangs include the Aryan Brotherhood, Aryan Warriors, and the Dirty White Boys, and more.

The UK paper which picked up the Atlanta story is one of those sensationalist rags which engage in yellow journalism. Some stories The Dailey Mail featured in the same edition as the gang story include:

* Top Tory found dead in portable toilet at Glastonbury Festival VIP area

* 'My life is destroyed': Woman who claimed Tory MP groped her says: she never wanted case to go ahead

* Binmen tell granny they won't empty her wheelie bin because her rubbish is the wrong shape

* Mother arrested after police discovered her 'drunk and unconscious' while her two-year-old wandered near a busy street

* Milly's killer Levi Bellfield could be responsible for the murder of FIVE more women and a string of sexual assaults

I suppose a graphic article on gang violence in the US is as appealing to readers of the Dailey Mail as anything else.

To readers in the US, it is just one more disheartening story of violence and racial hatred ON ALL SIDES that is destroying the fabric of our society.

Last edited by Colorado Rambler; 06-26-2011 at 03:23 PM..

Old 06-26-2011, 02:59 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Quote:
I'm waiting for the first white person to make a stupid reply that somehow black people are going to come to the defense of the criminals who committed this act because they are black. I'm just waiting for someone to be that foolish.

Just because a black person commits a crime dosen't mean the entire black community is going to suppport or condone their behavior!!!
Just the black leadership and the sound of silence is deafening. These acts are equal to the KKK thugary and they are not an ounce better than those white sheeted morons.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:02 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Just the black leadership and the sound of silence is deafening. These acts are equal to the KKK thugary and they are not an ounce better than those white sheeted morons.
When was the last "white" spokesman that you heard going before the public and denouncing any actions of white people doing bad things simply because the people were white???..

Old 06-26-2011, 03:09 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,902 times
Make it a speedy trial and throw them all in prison. The White supremacist gangs there will take care of these thugs.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:11 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
When was the last "white" spokesman that you heard going before the public and denouncing any actions of white people doing bad things simply because the people were white???..
White people don't have self-appointed racial spokespeople.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:14 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,527,514 times
Quote:

Your the first one to do it, now you can call yourself a racist and give yourself a pat on the back and feel good for being liberal who loves diversity for doing it. Congrats

Old 06-26-2011, 04:15 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,527,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Make it a speedy trial and throw them all in prison. The White supremacist gangs there will take care of these thugs.
That's a terrible thing to say but seeing as how these guys won't be charged with a hate crime like woud happen if the situation were reversed I can't say I'd be disapointed seeing that happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies