Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2011, 04:11 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Maybe she was referring to you judgmental attitude, and the way you slander your neighbor.
Because the dozens of judgmental posts in this thread AGAINST heterosexual marriage being the bedrock of a stable, modern society aren't themselves judgmental?

How come a "judgmental attitude" can only exist when its a viewpoint different from yours?

Who's slandering who?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 04:14 PM

269 posts, read 255,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
...and those neanderthals who think it is sick will be castigated and laughed at for being so backwards.

The views on morality will "evolve" and "progress" to the point where it will be wrong to deny the love of two people, one of whom will be a child.

Conservatives will be seen as bigots who would deny men, women and children the right to express their love.

There will be nationwide celebrations as each state makes adult-child marriage legal. And the people who are deeply offended by what they call a gross and inappropriate act will be shunned by a "progressive, modern society" that will be touted in the mass media.

Mark my words.
Thanks for showing us all the thoughts that run through the mind of a social conservative. Social conservatives think of pederasty. That's a concern of social conservatives. Yup.

Old 10-19-2011, 04:17 PM

269 posts, read 255,927 times
Quote:
Because the dozens of judgmental posts in this thread AGAINST heterosexual marriage being the bedrock of a stable, modern society aren't themselves judgmental?

How come a "judgmental attitude" can only exist when its a viewpoint different from yours?

Who's slandering who?
Who said anything against heterosexual marriage? Heterosexual marriage is heterosexual marriage. Marriage between heterosexuals. Some homosexuals get married. It's all what it is. Marriage is a personal decision to make your love official with the special individual in your life you have fallen for. So, I'm not sure where anything else matters. Judging the love 2 adults have for each other is, well, judgmental. It's also ignorant. Like I said, it is what it is. So, concern yourself with yourself.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:42 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,563 times
Quote:
...and those neanderthals who think it is sick will be castigated and laughed at for being so backwards.

The views on morality will "evolve" and "progress" to the point where it will be wrong to deny the love of two people, one of whom will be a child.

Conservatives will be seen as bigots who would deny men, women and children the right to express their love.

There will be nationwide celebrations as each state makes adult-child marriage legal. And the people who are deeply offended by what they call a gross and inappropriate act will be shunned by a "progressive, modern society" that will be touted in the mass media.

Mark my words.
40 years ago they did... both my grandmothers were married at 14 and 15 to 20 and 21 year olds

thread fail!

Old 10-19-2011, 07:16 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
40 years ago they did... both my grandmothers were married at 14 and 15 to 20 and 21 year olds

thread fail!
so they are 54 and 55 years old today and have children and grandchildren and one of the grandkid is on a city-data thread today.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:21 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
so they are 54 and 55 years old today and have children and grandchildren and one of the grandkid is on a city-data thread today.
40+ years ago

Old 10-20-2011, 12:26 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,391,755 times
Quote:

Mark my words.
Most states have gone the opposite way. It used to be the marriage age was 10 in a bunch of states now it has gone up to 18/16 w/parental consent in most states.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:53 AM

488 posts, read 554,784 times
I don't agree with the slippery slope argument used against gay marriage. How do you logically argue that by allowing two consenting adults of the same gender to marry you open up the door to an adult marrying a child or an animal? The point is that two consenting ADULTS, not children or animals, should be able to be married civilly. I have never heard or read anybody suggest that anybody should be able to marry whomever or whatever they please. Unless you believe homosexuals are no better than animals

Old 10-20-2011, 05:47 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill80 View Post
I don't agree with the slippery slope argument used against gay marriage. How do you logically argue that by allowing two consenting adults of the same gender to marry you open up the door to an adult marrying a child or an animal? The point is that two consenting ADULTS, not children or animals, should be able to be married civilly. I have never heard or read anybody suggest that anybody should be able to marry whomever or whatever they please. Unless you believe homosexuals are no better than animals
This thread isn't about Gay Marriage

Old 10-20-2011, 06:05 AM

488 posts, read 554,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
This thread isn't about Gay Marriage
Don't play stupid. The OP's post is the same exact slippery slope argument used against gay marriage. It's very clear what the intent of the message was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies