Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2011, 11:24 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Are you serious?
As a heart attack. By the way you still don't know what history I am talking about, do you? Too funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 11:29 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yeah, but I do...

Obama's uncle liberated Auschwitz?

What a flippin' moron!
How about the time Biden apparently thought he was a healer and told a wheelchair bound Sen. Chuck Graham to stand up.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:29 AM

2,652 posts, read 8,582,247 times
You guys are pathetic.

While I don't particularly like Michelle Bachmann (as a candidate), the attacks on her knowledge of John Wayne is pathetic. I have lived in Iowa my entire life (except 8 years in military) and didn't know John Wayne or Gacy was from Iowa.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:31 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Thank you. An intelligent, thoughtful answer.

Kudos.
Umm carterstamp, Memphis actually just exhibited what is known as an epic case of backpedaling. Got it?

Old 06-28-2011, 11:33 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I hope she is the nominee. We want even have to open the war chest.
Ever notice her eyes? They never focus on an object. I am getting more and more convinced there was a UFO landing in Waterloo Iowa 5 decades ago, and they left a deposit.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:35 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Not knowing how many states there are is not insignificant.
Or knowing if the soldier you're talking about is dead or alive!

Old 06-28-2011, 11:36 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
She did make a mistake and was immediately hit for it by the MSM and their puppets in the Democrat party.

i loved the really early hours of this thread when the OP made a serious mistake about births and further on some of them went wild about Gacy being born in Waterloo when he moved there in adulthood.

Then someone of them came up with the claim that she had said that Paul Revere, etc when it was Palin who actually said that and was proved right by historians although so many lefties came along and said the historians were wrong.

Yes the lady did misspeak but don't we have example after example of Obama snd Joe "Foot in Mouth" Biden doing the same thing even while campaigning for their present jobs? I guess being a Republican woman is really something for the MSM to attack no matter whether they are right or not.
I don't see evidence that Republican women are particularly target-worthy. Someone is running for President. Their misstatements get a lot of traction in the press because people go on and on and on about them. For instance, the 57 state reference is now years old, and yet is alluded to almost on a daily basis. Everyone makes gaffes, the press gleefully reports those gaffes because the public eats them up like candy. Credit is due to Bachmann for coming out and admitting this was a flub.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:48 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
As a heart attack. By the way you still don't know what history I am talking about, do you? Too funny!
OK Ill bit. So what in history suggested he would win in 2008. I know your getting excited about the no one has won re-election with some number. This is different because tea party candidates are nuts.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:49 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,737 times

YouTube - ‪Dangers of TOTUS: Obama Reads Word "Corpsman" as "Corpse Man" Twice‬‏

Old 06-28-2011, 11:51 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
When you're saying someone was born in your hometown, you should know who that is.

I know of 4 semi-famous people from my hometown, and its larger then hers is.

The President has a whole list of folks born from Chicago, but I'd venture to say it'd be harder to remember all of the famous folks born in Chicago vs. Waterloo Iowa of 68,000 folks.
You would think the President of the United States would know how many states there are and what year it is.

Every one should get over it. People aren't perfect. Everybody makes gaffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies